[APP] My Home Page

Search This thread

BrooklynAvi

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
I'd like to introduce my new app, My Home Page. My Home Page is a unique app and the first of its kind. It allows you to create a custom home page for your mobile browser using your favorite links. The home page you create is then stored on your SD card for quick access so each time you open your browser, the web sites you visit on the regular basis are just one click away. This means no more fumbling through a ton of bookmarks to open your favorite web site. There are a few types of styles and themes from which to choose and more are being worked on every day. The best part is that absolutely zero programming or design knowledge is required. If you can create a bookmark then you can create a custom home page. It’s literally that simple.

App Web Site: http://www.aaandroid.com/index.php/myhomepage/
Developer Contact: contact [at] aaandroid.com
Price: Free/$1 (initial release price, normally $1.99)
Free Version: Beta 1.0.3
Pro Version: 1.0

The free version is ad supported. The pro version will remove ads and add a couple of themes. As My Home Page is developed further, more extra features will be added to the pro version.

My Home Page, available for purchase in the Android Market, SlideME.org and AndAppStore.com.

Features

• Customize your browser’s home page with your favorite links
  • Unlimited folders
  • Unlimited links
  • Bookmark import
  • Google search box
  • Multiple home page types
  • Multiple theme types
  • Multiple font sizes
  • Support for stock Android browser and Dolphin Browser HD
  • Backup/restore option
  • Automatic setting of custom home page for root users

myhomepage04.png

tehskazz

Sep 3, 2010
So, this basicly generates a html file that sorts and displays what you specify in the app?

I used to make homepages like this myself using html on the computer and storing it on SD card and making it the homepage manually, however I love this idea. An app that will just do it all from the phone just saves the coding/updating on computer AND transfering to the SD card. Pretty slick idea. Checking it out now.

illogic6

Jul 10, 2009
Just nabbed Pro from the Market. I like how this looks. Also a Cachemate fan. Keep up the awesome work. :)

keredini

Aug 4, 2010
STL
Error

I get an error when trying to set the home page......I setup a couple folders, added some links, then hit the 'Set Home Page' button, and click OK to confirm. It grants super user permissions, and then an error pops up:

Code:
An error has occurred:  Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare().  Please report it to the developer.

Tsuneku

Sep 22, 2010
Cologno Monzese, Milano
Good work and great idea. I suggest to insert the possibile to import an external (from SD) file for import the bookmarks.
If I have right understand, in this moment is possibile to import only from the Android Browser, I would like to export and prepare file from the Mac.

Thank's.

Last edited:

BrooklynAvi

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
I get an error when trying to set the home page......I setup a couple folders, added some links, then hit the 'Set Home Page' button, and click OK to confirm. It grants super user permissions, and then an error pops up:

Code:
An error has occurred:  Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare().  Please report it to the developer.

I'm working on this error. If you can post a logcat to pastebin.com it would be a big help. The app is actually working. You will just have to set your home page using the manual method.

This is also why I released it as a beta :)

Just nabbed Pro from the Market. I like how this looks. Also a Cachemate fan. Keep up the awesome work. :)

Thanks a lot for the support.