[Q] Folio 100 With White Light Doesn't Boot

Search This thread

mklive69

Sep 8, 2011
Lisbon
www.mk-games.net
Hello XDA-Developers Community,
I've a Big Problem With My Toshiba Folio 100.

I Bought It, and Today I Try To Install The FolioMod v1.4.
I've Made Everything Right.

When Appears The "!" Symbol, I've Clicked On "Home" Button, And Selected The "Apply sdcard:update.zip" Option.

It Gives Me An Error:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
E:Can't mount SDCARD:command
E:Can't mount DEFAULT_PATH
Finding update package...
(no such file of directory)
E: can't mount SDCARD:/update.zip
Formatting MISC:...

And I've Discovered That The Answer To That Problem Is Use a 1GB or 2 GB SD Card (Usually With a Size More Than 2GB Have That Error).

So, After I Received That Error, I Select "Home" Again, and Choose The Option To Reboot The System.

After That The LCD Turns Black, and Never More I Could Turn On The Tablet.
The White Light On "Power/Battery" Is Always On. And I've Tried Everything To Reboot The Folio 100.

The Only Think That I Haven't Did Yet, Was Waiting That Battery Be at 0% and Folio 100 Turns Real Off, And Then Try To Turn It On. (I Didn't Do It, Because I'm Waiting For The Loss of Battery, That Will Be Much Time).

Can Someone Help Me?

Sorry For My Bad English.

Kind Regards,
Micael de Sousa.

Last edited:

m32

Jul 10, 2007
Szczecin

When Appears The "!" Symbol, I've Clicked On "Home" Button, And Selected The "Apply sdcard:update.zip" Option.

It Gives Me An Error:

And I've Discovered That The Answer To That Problem Is Use a 1GB or 2 GB SD Card (Usually With a Size More Than 2GB Have That Error).

So, After I Received That Error, I Select "Home" Again, and Choose The Option To Reboot The System.

The White Light On "Power/Battery" Is Always On. And I've Tried Everything To Reboot The Folio 100.

The Only Think That I Haven't Did Yet, Was Waiting That Battery Be at 0% and Folio 100 Turns Real Off, And Then Try To Turn It On. (I Didn't Do It, Because I'm Waiting For The Loss of Battery, That Will Be Much Time).

Can Someone Help Me?

Kind Regards,
Micael de Sousa.

Power off can be performed after long press on power button - led will stop blinking, red or white that does'nt matter, device will be switched off.

While device is in boot cycle, pressing power later vol_up - should bring You to very simple memu with really few choises
- vol up = reset
- vol down = ignore and boot

after vol up:
- vol up = factory reset
- vol down = install update.zip from sd card which must be fat32 formatted

If device was rooted then update.zip can contain any update, if not then bootloader will check for its (update.zip) validity - in most cases proper rsa signature.

m32

Reactions: mklive69

m32

Jul 10, 2007
Szczecin
Power off can be performed after long press on power button - led will stop blinking, red or white that does'nt matter, device will be switched off.

While device is in boot cycle, pressing power later vol_up - should bring You to very simple memu with really few choises
- vol up = reset

after vol up:
- vol up = factory reset

If device was rooted then update.zip can contain any update, if not then bootloader will check for its (update.zip) validity - in most cases proper rsa signature.

m32

My first folio can't properly perform factory reset - even from settings menu, I have returned it to seller, next one :) have tilll today, and now with cm 7.1 rc1, cm-nightly, foliomod14 or any other rom - is just cooool

m32

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
Try to erase system partition from fastboot:

To go to fastboot mod press 3x power button and 1x volume down button at toshiba logo.
Connect Folio with pc via usb(you need drivers for that on windows and fastboot binary for linux and mac. Go here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1119507 to set things that you need )
Now, open terminal and and type:
fastboot erase system
and then:
fastboot reboot
After that, go to recovery and reflash.

Hood luck!!!
fastboot reboot

mklive69

Sep 8, 2011
Lisbon
www.mk-games.net
Hello,
Thank To Everyone That Reply To My Main Topic, It Have Help Me a Lot :)

Now, I'm Trying To Install The FolioMOD v1.4 on My Toshiba Folio 100.
So, Turn On The Device, Power + VOL+ . Then I Press VOL+, VOL-, VOL+ To Make an System Update.

When Appears The "!" Symbol I Select "Home" Button, and Then I Select "wipe data/factory reset".

After That, I Select "Home" Again, and Then I Select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
And It Appears The Following Error:

Code:
-- Install from sdcard...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

And I'm Sure That My Toshiba Folio 100 is Rooted.
It Was Rooted By Myself With SuperOneClick 2.1.1.

Can Someone Help Me?
I Really Want To Have Access to Android Market, Gmail and a Lot of other Features of Google Services on My Device.

Kind Regards,
Micael de Sousa.

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
You have the lastest Toshiba softer update on your Folio. You have to change your recovery. Go to FolioMod 1.4 page and find on it something like "and for users that installs lastest update go here..." and go there or just install via fastboot or you can sing it.

mklive69

Sep 8, 2011
Lisbon
www.mk-games.net
You have the lastest Toshiba softer update on your Folio. You have to change your recovery. Go to FolioMod 1.4 page and find on it something like "and for users that installs lastest update go here..." and go there or just install via fastboot or you can sing it.

You need to add the directory containing the "AdbWinApi.dll" to Windows' path under Environment Variables, so Windows know where to look for the necessary files when you enter commands in the shell.

For this exercise I'm going to assume that you have installed the Android SDK in the directory called "android-sdk-windows" on your C: hard drive. If you have it installed somewhere else, change the path I'm mentioning below accordingly.

Go to the Windows "Control Panel".
Click on "System and Security".
Click on "System".
Click on "Advanced system settings" in the left column of the window you're in.
Find the button called "Environment Variables" in the window that opens (it's at the bottom on the first tab).
Scroll down in the "System variables" box until you find "Path".
Select "Path" and click the "Edit" button.
At the very beginning of the input field called "Variable value" enter the following:
"C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools;" (without the quotes).
Do not remove any of the other paths, and make sure you have a semi colon at the end of the new path you're adding.
Reboot.

Hello,
Thank For Your Help.
Now That I Could Install FolioMod v1.4 I've Another Problem.

After The Installation, My Toshiba Folio 100 Rebooted.
Them, In The First Starts, It Is On "Android Logo" Screen at More Than 15 Minutes...

It Is Still On That Screen... But Is This Normal?

Kind Regards,
Micael de Sousa.

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
Did you erased system partition and installed via fastboot??? Or you can post logcat(./adb logcat>logcat.txt)

m32

Jul 10, 2007
Szczecin
Hello,
I Resolved The Problem By Myself.
I Reboot My Folio 100, Then I Selected The "Reset System" Option.
When The Folio Started, It Have The FolioMod v1.4 Installed.

Thank You Anyway.

Kind Regards,
Micael de Sousa.

Allways use clear data/cache/system- this iwnt neccesary but helps resolving any issues, system reset -aka factoryreset isnt nothing more

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It Gives Me An Error:

Can Someone Help Me?

Kind Regards,
    Micael de Sousa.

- vol up = reset

after vol up:
    - vol up = factory reset

m32

- vol up = reset

after vol up:
    - vol up = factory reset

m32

My first folio can't properly perform factory reset - even from settings menu, I have returned it to seller, next one :) have tilll today, and now with cm 7.1 rc1, cm-nightly, foliomod14 or any other rom - is just cooool

m32
    Try to erase system partition from fastboot:

To go to fastboot mod press 3x power button and 1x volume down button at toshiba logo.
    Connect Folio with pc via usb(you need drivers for that on windows and fastboot binary for linux and mac. Go here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1119507 to set things that you need )
    Now, open terminal and and type:
    fastboot erase system
    and then:
    fastboot reboot
    After that, go to recovery and reflash.

Hood luck!!!
    fastboot reboot