[ROM] [CM10.1] PitchBlack v1.2 // Feb 12, 2013 //

Search This thread

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
If anyone is having trouble go to recovery wipe cache dalvik fix permissions that should take care if just plain reboot doesn't great ROM with some killer tweaks. remember this is the mans first toro release so if it's this good wanna see what's up sleeve 4 next go around.:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

right, but how is he going to know what's wrong with the ROM if no one can report what they're having problems with?

mikey2487

Mar 9, 2011
Just flashed this morning. WiFi wouldn't connect during setup but...rebooted and working like a charm. Not a single problem so far....looking forward to keeping this as my DD especially since you will be here updating it frequently:) thanks so much love everything about it. Fast and smooth

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

OK I've found a couple things that I noticed didn't quite work for me....1. I enabled expanded desktop into my power setting and when I click to enable, it just takes me back to my settings where I can add expanded desktop to power settings. And also won't expand. 2. On the tile and layout settings. I tried adding a couple tiles and moved a few around. Then when I back out of it and bring down quick settings, my added tiles are gone and rearranged back to how it was. That's what I noticed so far.

having the same issue with the expanded desktop as well. when i hold the power button down for the notifications and click expanded notification it doesn't do anything just takes me back to the homescreen. i did reboot it after i clicked it and it was in expanded notification so idk ha. smooth rom so far thou.

did notice with a couple themes i have on there that when i try to apply it, it just says theme was not properly compiled and won't let me use it. any ideas?

PARick

Feb 24, 2011
I can't get the lock screen to show anything other than Celsius. No matter if metric is checked or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I can't get the lock screen to show anything other than Celsius. No matter if metric is checked or not.

After toggling and waiting it corrected.

47th_Ronin

Jan 17, 2012
Outstanding rom!
Fast stable and tweaked to perfection.
Thanks for sharing with us toro users!

Reactions: shanp7780

melp57

Jul 31, 2009
this is official nightly. If you check the mods @ OP, none is meant to mess with wifi or system main functions. The only reason I can think off is probably the build.prop tweaks. Though these tweaks work great on GSM version, maybe they don't do good on US? Try to remove the "BETTER NET SPEEDs" tweaks from build.prop and report back. Also you can change the value of the following line to a smaller, like 180

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=300

Anyway, common sense, the way this rom is modded, tells that you shouldn't have this kind of troubles. GSM version works excellent with absolutely no problems reported. I also modded the toro and toroplus version from scratch. I just find it weird for you having issues, since this rom is mostly theming!

I changed kernel to fix my wifi. Good now.

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
Im using the starkissed kernel, its pretty impressive with this rom. Blackest rom ive seen!

nitsua98

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I hope you guys know that kernels are not carrier- model specific. Galaxy nexus kernels are for all variants of the galaxy nexus phone a.k.a tuna

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360727230634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360727230634.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 729

gorillabiscuit

Oct 8, 2009
I was trying this for a friend with the maguro... needed to fix permissions for WiFi and auto-brightness to work, overall issues with toggles and other minor tiles not working properly... Also, don't know why but flashing AK's Dummy caused a hang @ the AK boot logo and I had to reflash to get back.

meekless

Feb 24, 2010
Richmond
first want to thank you for bringing this rom to the verizon nexus, love how smooth it is and that everything is blacked out.
i too am having issues with the brightness tiles/widgets and random tiles on the pull down.
i have tried to wipe cache and fix permissions, but the brightness control on the power widget doesnt work. also tried brightness widget from Beautiful Widgets and that too did not work.
as far as the tiles on the pull down, i will delete or re-arrange the tiles and it wont save the changes i have made.
no picking at all just want to give feedback that might help
thank you again for your work!!

itasoulas

Nov 3, 2011
Athens
www.youtube.com
first want to thank you for bringing this rom to the verizon nexus, love how smooth it is and that everything is blacked out.
i too am having issues with the brightness tiles/widgets and random tiles on the pull down.
i have tried to wipe cache and fix permissions, but the brightness control on the power widget doesnt work. also tried brightness widget from Beautiful Widgets and that too did not work.
as far as the tiles on the pull down, i will delete or re-arrange the tiles and it wont save the changes i have made.

It is probably the cm build. Wait for next update and see what happens. Does other users report such problems on official nightly thread?

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell

Yep same here as well. Pretty much almost everything or anything I change won't stick or even show that I added it. None of the toggles show up when I add them. I've cleared cache fixed permissions as well. But here as well, just pointing it out for help is all.

meekless

Feb 24, 2010
Richmond
It is probably the cm build. Wait for next update and see what happens. Does other users report such problems on official nightly thread?

i agree with you it is likely something going on with the nightly build. sorry i cannot answer if the "stock" nightly is having the same issue or not. i havent tried CM 10.1 as of yet and havent reviewed any of the issues related to the builds. i def look forward to when they release a milestone/stable build and then get your work on top of it!! thank you again for bringing us some Pitchblack goodness!!

maxearing

May 11, 2011
I just wanted to drop in and say I love this ROM. Very smooth and good battery life. Nice job

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: bdmack00

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PB_zps9b3bd229.jpg

Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-08-48_gnexus2013-02-07_15-32-24_zps47dc3c4f.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-12-07_gnexus2013-02-12_10-42-17_zps817fa169.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-11-48_gnexus2013-02-12_10-42-27_zps2c769b02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-07-36_gnexus2013-02-12_10-43-38_zps6e8a72a9.jpg

Screenshot_2013-02-07-02-14-43_gnexus2013-02-07_15-30-59_zps3a0c46b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-08-33_gnexus2013-02-12_10-43-10_zps571787c4.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-16-27_gnexus2013-02-07_15-31-44_zps112ff846.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-07-47_gnexus2013-02-07_15-32-34_zpsb475bac1.jpg

Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-07-00_gnexus2013-02-07_15-32-49_zps7265ead0.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-06-15_gnexus2013-02-07_15-33-02_zpsff7418dc.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-17-29_gnexus2013-02-07_15-31-19_zps19a55590.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-07-03_gnexus2013-02-12_10-43-48_zpsd32b1a3b.jpg

Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-45-11_gnexus2013-02-12_10-45-34_zps056c7502.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-12-26_gnexus2013-02-12_10-42-04_zpse6329a38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-07-56_gnexus2013-02-12_10-43-29_zps94ead6da.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-10-10-47_gnexus2013-02-12_10-42-48_zpse9ae9a29.jpg

This is my second project for the Galaxy Nexus !!!

Based on CM10.1 Nightlies, this is a FULL ROM, containing all apps found on stock roms plus useful apps, various mods & enhancements.
    PitchBlack is Black & Blue Themed with an OVERDRIVEN heart and promises to take CyanogenMod a step further
    For CM Nightlies you can check changelog @ http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#maguro/cm10.1/next

Like this ROM? Just hit the THANKS Button :good:

=========================
    PitchBlack ROM Features
    =========================

Performance / Mods
    franco.Kernel // Thunderbolt! Scripts & Addons // prop Tweaks // SuperSU // BEATS+XLOUDER! // PIE

Various
    Galaxy SIII Alarms & Ringtones // Nexus Stock Bootanimation

Theming
    Black & Blue Themed // Black BG On Almost Every App // Deleted Dividers From Menus & Lists // Black Notification Drawer & Tiles
    Blue Clock, Date & Icons On Notification Drawer // Blue Softkeys With Blue Glow // HoloBlue Tile Icons // HoloBlue Settings Icons
    New Phone & Contacts Icons (as in bluemint theme by vicino)

PitchBlack System Apps
    Contacts // DeskClock // Email // LatinIME // Mms // Phone // Phonesky // Talk

Google Apps on data/app
    Calendar // Maps // Search // Street View // Music PitchBlack // Gmail PitchBlack

Useful Apps on data/app
    920 Text Editor // Adobe Flash Player // Lockscreen Policy // Script Manager // Trickster MOD // YouTube PitchBlack

Deleted System Apps
    Apollo // Calendar // CMFileManager // CMFileManagerThemes // CMWallpapers // DSPManager // Galaxy4 // Gallery2
    HoloSpiralWallpaper // LiveWallpapers // MagicSmokeWallpapers // NoiseField // // PhaseBeam // QuickSearchBox
    Stk // VisualizationWallpapers // VoiceDialer

==================================
    PitchBlack Installation Procedures
    ==================================

Installing PitchBlack For The First Time
    wipe cache / dalvik / factory reset / format system
    flash rom & reboot
    complete setup & press home key
    reboot once more for Wallpaper to show
    done
    (read notes for first time installation @ 2nd post)

Installing PitchBlack Updates
    wipe cache / dalvik
    flash rom & reboot
    done

DOWNLOAD PITCHBLACK
    updates every Sunday

=============
    ROM Credits
    =============

xda for allowing me to present my work // CyanogenMod for CM10.1 // franciscofranco for Kernel // Chainfire for SuperSU //
    Misledz for BEATS+XLOUDER // pikachu01 for Thunderbolt! scripts // Team Trickster for Trickster MOD // chislon for Lockscreen Policy //
    Thyrus for Thyrus Black Theme // PA Team, Adi_aishi teru, Arco, noname81 for PIE

ATTENTION: ROM should work out fine. I DO NOT OWN A TORO OR TOROPLUS DEVICE, SO I CANNOT PROVIDE SAME LEVEL OF SUPPORT AS FOR THE GSM VERSION. ORIGINAL THREAD IS HERE

Code:
    [FONT="Tahoma"]
    [B][SIZE="3"]CHANGELOG 1.2 from 1.1[/SIZE][/B]
    =======================
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Base Updated To CM10.1, Feb 11, 2013 Nightly[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Thunderbolt! Scripts Updated To 3.0.4[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]HoloBlue QuickSettings Tile Icons[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]New Notification Drawer Icons[/B] - thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2116191"]vicino / Bluemint theme[/URL]
    (edited by me/centering, removed gradient color)
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Navigation Bar Height Changed To 40dpi[/B]
    (will leave it that way for the time being)
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]HoloBlue Icons In Settings and SubMenus[/B]
    (deleted red colors used in 1.1 submenus)
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Trickster MOD Updated[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Replaced Almost All Icons In Phone And Contacts[/B] - thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2116191"]vicino / Bluemint theme[/URL]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]New Torch App Icon[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]New LMT/Pie App Icon[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]CHANGELOG 1.1 from 1.0[/SIZE][/B]
    =======================
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Base Updated To CM10.1, Feb 9, 2013 Nightly[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Thunderbolt! Scripts Updated To 3.0.3[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]ZTE Grand Softkeys On Navigation Bar Re-Edited[/B] - thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1413582"]atticus[/URL]
    (aligned correctly & some small visual enhancement by me)
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Navigation Bar Height Changed To 36dpi[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]ICS Blue Settings Menu Icons[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]Red Color On Selective Settings Icons[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]ICS Blue Color On Selective Settings Icons[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]New Icons On Phone & Contacts[/B] - thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2116191"]vicino / Bluemint theme[/URL]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/B] [B]New Torch Icons[/B] - thanks to [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darkdog.theme.crystal2&hl"]DaRk_dOg / Crystal 2 Theme[/URL]
    [/FONT]

General Info:
    a. PitchBlack will try to update once a week so you can have all the latest CyanogenMod sources merged in
    b. Each release promises latest versions of all mods and apps (if any)

Theming Info:
    a. PitchBlack is mainly themed by Thyrus Black CM10 Theme without the UI parts and some elements changed by me
    b. UI has been themed seperately. Framework has also some elements themed seperately from Thyrus Theme
    c. Updating Thyrus Theme from Play Store will result in some visual components being changed...
    d. ..so don't update the theme yourself, let me do it in order to adapt changes in PitchBlack standards

Apps Info:
    a. If Google Music gets updated via the Play Store, will still stay black thanks to Thyrus Theme
    b. Gmail, YouTube and Store will loose black theming if they get updated, so wait for new black versions
    c. Gmail and YouTube are not showing in Store. It's normal. Maybe you'll need to manually unistall them before updating to newer versions in the future

Thunderbolt! Script Info:
    For the scripts to work properly the following must be done
    a. Open up Script Manager and launch /etc/bolt_scripts/sqlite_optimize as Root (The skull icon). This script can be used arbitrarily at anytime that you want. Don't load it as boot or copy it to init.d though, it'll significantly slow down your boot up as the script is a very long running script. Press save and run the script.
    b. Open up Script Manager and launch /etc/bolt_scripts/s70darky_zipalign as Root (The skull icon). This script can be used arbitrarily at anytime that you want. You can copy it to init.d and setting its permission to rwx-rwx-rwx. I moved it to bolt_scripts so that first boot for some people won't be slowed down. Press save and run the script

Installing PitchBlack For The First Time
    After completing setup for the first time and finished setting up your Google Account the following will occur
    a. A triangle will appear on status bar. Open notification drawer and click on it. It will ask you for a permission in order for Gmail to sync. Click on it
    b. Go to Settings/Accounts/Google and press your account. Untick and tick Gmail. Gmail now syncs properly. You need to do this only once!

Configuring PIE
    PIE is controlled via the LMT app. Play around with the settings. It's highly customisable! Sometimes it comes handy. Good to use when expanded desktop is on

What is OVERDRIVE HEART ?
    OVERDRIVE HEART is a combo of kernel, scripts and .prop Tweaks. It includes franco kernel, thundebolt! scripts and various build.prop tweaks that were first used in my OVERDRIVE ROM. This was the heart and soul of this rom and works really nice. So I decided to use that in PitchBlack also!
    Hope you haven't given up on this...

If anyone is having trouble go to recovery wipe cache dalvik fix permissions that should take care if just plain reboot doesn't great ROM with some killer tweaks. remember this is the mans first toro release so if it's this good wanna see what's up sleeve 4 next go around.:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Nice rom, but unable to connect to wifi. Tried changing to another kernel, but can't get past Google screen.

OK to make this clear. This ROM, concerning basic system functionality, is pure cyanogenmod. I have not done any mods in order to affect such system functions. So no way in the world this may occur. Others reporting rom runs supwr well. Please try some workarounds before reporting bugs that simply do not exist

Peace,
    John