How to unroot a nook hd 9inch tablet back to nook os, currently has android

Search This thread

engineersajd

Feb 4, 2014
I am hoping someone knows how to unroot a Nook HD 9inch tablet. It currently has android on the device.

Thanks in advance :good:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item 1a and use that to flash the plain stock zip from item 6. Follow that with a factory reset by CWM and everything will be back to unrooted stock.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

jfenton57

Aug 14, 2010
Haverhill, MA
Unrooted and stuck in 99% Complete Boot With Stock

Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item 1a and use that to flash the plain stock zip from item 6. Follow that with a factory reset by CWM and everything will be back to unrooted stock.

I followed your instructions from the previous post which were relatively easy and all went well until it booted up and started reinstalling and it is now stuck at 99% and I can't even shut it down. Suggestions?

UPDATE: Actually, I got it to shut down but it always hangs at 99%. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I followed your instructions from the previous post which were relatively easy and all went well until it booted up and started reinstalling and it is now stuck at 99% and I can't even shut it down. Suggestions?

UPDATE: Actually, I got it to shut down but it always hangs at 99%. Any suggestions?
Did you do the factory reset with CWM?

jfenton57

Aug 14, 2010
Haverhill, MA
Did you do the factory reset with CWM?

I did.

I have just formatted my micro SD and the partition is set to ACTIVE.

I am however getting lost in your instructions where it discusses downloading the RAR file and extracting 5 files to create a bootable CWM card.

I can't for the life of me find those files? I am probably just missing something simple but if you could point me to them I would be grateful. This is for an HD+9".

Thanks,

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I did.

I have just formatted my micro SD and the partition is set to ACTIVE.

I am however getting lost in your instructions where it discusses downloading the RAR file and extracting 5 files to create a bootable CWM card.

I can't for the life of me find those files? I am probably just missing something simple but if you could point me to them I would be grateful. This is for an HD+9".

Thanks,
If you look at the files I have listed, one has the name BOOTFILES in the name and ends in .rar, which is a compressed archive file (like a zip is). You probably have your PC set to hide that extension when it gets put on your PC. In any case you need to extract the files that are archived in that rar file. I think the newer Windows knows how to extract those, but you may need special software to do it.

But you have me confused. How did you flash the stock zip and factory reset if you could not figure out how to make the CWM SD?

Last edited: