How long until the Rc's Start emerging?

Search This thread

dannyboy_uk12

Jan 5, 2013
I have had the nexus a good couple of months, and still haven't rooted due to the fact that after what seems a lifetime with a desire HD, until release candidates pop up, there's always something that needs flashing, or random reboots.

I've never owned a new android practically from the release date, so, I guess the question in short is, how long until Roms turn up that are as stable, If not more than stock. Something I can just flash and never worry about again?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
I have had the nexus a good couple of months, and still haven't rooted due to the fact that after what seems a lifetime with a desire HD, until release candidates pop up, there's always something that needs flashing, or random reboots.

I've never owned a new android practically from the release date, so, I guess the question in short is, how long until Roms turn up that are as stable, If not more than stock. Something I can just flash and never worry about again?

There are plenty of very stable custom ROMs out there. Even a fair amount that are stable ART. Just look at the postings and comments. CM, AOKP and PA are always good places to start.

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace

Hi, I come from HTC devices too. I can certify that I got shocked when I flashed the first Rom on the nexus 5 And it was as stable as the most stable Rom on Htc one S and previous phones. That just less than 1 month after N5 was released.
The advantage here is that devs have 1st class sources where on Htc they have to work harder and migrate to another phone. Or most are just ports from cousin phones. I admire from those developers the fact that without much help from HTC, they do hardly to port everything on those phones. However, there is were trouble begins: random bootloops, camera wont record, battey dies fast...etc. Not the case on nexus 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: dannyboy_uk12

dannyboy_uk12

Jan 5, 2013
Il never buy a HTC again, they really ****ed up big time.

Looks like I'll end up Rooting sooner than I thought then, thanks for the info. now to wait for paranoid android to add a few more features then il be straight on it

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Il never buy a HTC again, they really ****ed up big time.

Looks like I'll end up Rooting sooner than I thought then, thanks for the info. now to wait for paranoid android to add a few more features then il be straight on it

Why wait when you can flash now and enjoy the weekly progressions.

Sent from my Nexus 5

dannyboy_uk12

Jan 5, 2013
I dont have a laptop at the moment, so Rooting and backing up stuff is a bit difficult really

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
AKAIK SlimKat would be the way to go if you're looking for RC right now. They're only 1 or 2 builds away from it. The ROM itself has been absolutely rock solid since the first week of November.

Reactions: dannyboy_uk12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi, I come from HTC devices too. I can certify that I got shocked when I flashed the first Rom on the nexus 5 And it was as stable as the most stable Rom on Htc one S and previous phones. That just less than 1 month after N5 was released.
    The advantage here is that devs have 1st class sources where on Htc they have to work harder and migrate to another phone. Or most are just ports from cousin phones. I admire from those developers the fact that without much help from HTC, they do hardly to port everything on those phones. However, there is were trouble begins: random bootloops, camera wont record, battey dies fast...etc. Not the case on nexus 5.
    AKAIK SlimKat would be the way to go if you're looking for RC right now. They're only 1 or 2 builds away from it. The ROM itself has been absolutely rock solid since the first week of November.