Cataclysm Rom - Home Button/Toggles not working

Search This thread

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Hello everyone. So I have now downloaded the cataclysm ROM Latest build for Hammerhead, and I verified the md5 checksum, flashed it in TWRP, it boots up and everything seems to work great besides the home button (makes a click noise and indicates it is indeed accepting the touch, but nothing happens), and the quick toggles. I press the button on the notification bar and nothing happens, I can't even access the screen.

I've seen other people have had this problem but it has gone unanswered, or has been related to a broken download.
But I have downloaded the ROM 5 times from 3 providers, one with multiple mirrors, on different devices too. Checked the md5 of the last 4, they matched exact, but I still experience this issue sadly.

Any thoughts on where I should go from here?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Yes, but only the last time. Let me try this again and ill post back an update.

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Wow I'm officially an idiot.
So used to having an SD Card and using ClockWorkMod Recovery that I just wiped all my data. Literally everything including my backups.. I'm such a fool.
But anyway, went to the bootloader got into recovery and flashed the Cataclysm ROM from an SD card with a Meenvo USB OTG adapter. Luckily I had it. And luckily I had a million copy's of the ROM.

So yes I can now say that a full wipe worked. Lol. Wow.

Thanks JD.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Wow I'm officially an idiot.
So used to having an SD Card and using ClockWorkMod Recovery that I just wiped all my data. Literally everything including my backups.. I'm such a fool.
But anyway, went to the bootloader got into recovery and flashed the Cataclysm ROM from an SD card with a Meenvo USB OTG adapter. Luckily I had it. And luckily I had a million copy's of the ROM.

So yes I can now say that a full wipe worked. Lol. Wow.

Thanks JD.

Lol, a full wipe is system, data, and the caches. Not the whole device. But glad it's working for you now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Last edited: