[Q] Restore S4 from a bootloop with the no recovery?

Search This thread

CountVlad

Jan 27, 2014
i just bought an s4 and i kind'a messed upped the recovery. so everytime i boot into recovery it doesn't show the recovery screen and restarts.
i tried to go to download mode but it also doesn't go download mode and restarts.
now, its in a bootloop after an atemp of increasing the ram size of my s4.
could anyone please show me a way on how i could recover/reset my phone?

P.S. i tried searching the net for answers but not even one at 10th o of google.

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
You have a Galaxy S 4, yes?

"These are not the phones you're looking for."

Look for "back to stock" or the like in the proper S 4 forum.

---
Posted from whatever phone booted today

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Thread moved to International S4 Q&A.
Please add your model number as there are various types of S4s, mainly Exynos or Qualcomm based.
This will help others as well in assisting you.

And just curious, how are you trying to increase RAM size? A physical modification?

Last edited:

CountVlad

Jan 27, 2014
i cant flash a new recovery since i cant go to fastboot/download mode and recovery mode.

my phone model is GT-I9500

i am trying to increase my ram using the app AParted, i am using a swap file, after i increased the ram.
also, i tried to make a new partition on my sd card(60% android readable, 20% link2sd partition, 20% additional ram partition), but i forgot to unmount sd before making another partition on my sd card.(the guide for aparted told me to unmount[not remove] my sd card first before doing any operations)

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Well yes I guess if you can't get to download mode you can't flash recovery ?.
Can you boot into your rom? If you can have you tried using either a 3rd party rebooted to get into download mode?
Here's another thing there are lots of clone/fake i9500 is yours a real one?
You know you can't actually resize ram it's a fixed value you can of course create swap memory which is a bit of a compromise. Are you sure you are using the right terminology?
Your talking about link2sd which is used to extend app storage not ram. Ram is the working memory.
So what I think your trying to do is create an ext partition on sd card for extended app storage yes?
What you said your trying to do is very confusing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

CountVlad

Jan 27, 2014
sorry for the long wait for my reply.
yes my phone is real.
and i used link2sd and it worked, i already have a partition, i used aParted for using a swapfile te extend my ram

Zaraee

Mar 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
sorry for the long wait for my reply.
yes my phone is real.
and i used link2sd and it worked, i already have a partition, i used aParted for using a swapfile te extend my ram

Try removing the sdcard and then booting into the download mode.

if you can go to download or recovery mode after removing sdcard or even normal boot i suggest you remove the app
and if you still can't get it out then send your phone for repair.

I'm once hard brick my device by using app to extend my ram, on other phone of course!

if you use GALAXY S4, you probably have enough ram to to play around