soft brick AT&T SGH-I747 please help

Search This thread

PimpMyPC

Nov 21, 2013
Hi, I have the sgh-i747 and it is soft bricked. I can get into download mode but when I turn the phone on regular mode it says (Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again. Any suggestions on getting this phone working again on stock 4.3 Thanks.

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
First you can't go back to 4.1.1 if you were on official 4.3 you will hard brick the stock mjb is located here, http://www.samsung-file.com/index.php?dir=/Model_I/I747_(SGH-I747)/I747_Firmware/I747_Android_4.3 after d/l you should be able to flash it with Odin, I use 3.07, only because I am more familiar with that version, but should restore you back to stock, when I have had to recover in the past I usually have Odin reformat during flash, then it boatloads and I go into recovery and reset, then it boots fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Bootloops not boatloads sorry

PimpMyPC

Nov 21, 2013
First you can't go back to 4.1.1 if you were on official 4.3 you will hard brick the stock mjb is located here, http://www.samsung-file.com/index.php?dir=/Model_I/I747_(SGH-I747)/I747_Firmware/I747_Android_4.3 after d/l you should be able to flash it with Odin, I use 3.07, only because I am more familiar with that version, but should restore you back to stock, when I have had to recover in the past I usually have Odin reformat during flash, then it boatloads and I go into recovery and reset, then it boots fine

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Bootloops not boatloads sorry

OK, I downloaded the 1.36 GB one is that the correct one?

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
I just looked band you need to DL them all and use Odin 3.09 and place each file in it's respective location I did not realize they were there as separate downloads

Sent from my thl T11 using Tapatalk

PimpMyPC

Nov 21, 2013
I just looked band you need to DL them all and use Odin 3.09 and place each file in it's respective location I did not realize they were there as separate downloads

I tried downloading those files but its telling me to register and pay

Last edited:

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
Like I just said just flashing the one file will not work, the files at the location I gave you are separated so you need to download each of them and put them in their respective place Odin 3.09, I wasn't aware that this site set the downloads up for use with 3.0.9, so follow the link download the other 4 files and put them into their respective place in 3.0.9 and reflashing, then if you get bootloops turn off phone restart (volume up, home and power) gets you to recovery wipe data and cache and then restart and u should be fine

PimpMyPC

Nov 21, 2013
Like I just said just flashing the one file will not work, the files at the location I gave you are separated so you need to download each of them and put them in their respective place Odin 3.09, I wasn't aware that this site set the downloads up for use with 3.0.9, so follow the link download the other 4 files and put them into their respective place in 3.0.9 and reflashing, then if you get bootloops turn off phone restart (volume up, home and power) gets you to recovery wipe data and cache and then restart and u should be fine

OK, How do I know where each file goes and can you post link to files again please so I make sure I get the right stuff. I just got 3.09

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
They are marked the 1st to letters are where the files go, ap, bl, cp, csc, and last goes in pit. Use the same link in this post from earlier

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
It's easy, I would put them all in 1 folder when u download them the when you click to find the file it will automatically open that file folder after the first time you navigate to it

PimpMyPC

Nov 21, 2013
ok let me see if I can figure this out ill let you know asap thanks

I'm not sure exactly how to do this. all the files say the same thing but the end of the file has 001-010 and the file type is 001-010. Do I flash 001 with bl then 002 with ap then 003 with cp and just keep going down the list?

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
Look at the first 2 letters of the file on the download site it tells you where to put them, AP goes under ap in 3.0.9, CSC goes in CSC slot, BL goes in BL slot, CP goes in cup slot and the last file is the pit file and goes in the pit section, then flash the file and it should reboot when finished, if it boot loops then disconnect, hold Power button till it shuts down remove battery reinstall battery hold volume up and home press power button boots to recovery, in recovery wipe data and cache then reboot

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

I don't want to be rude, but if that is to difficult to understand you may not want to be messing with root or other mods, I would spend some time researching so that you understand the modifications you are making it will make things easier

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

If your still confused go here, the file here is an ODIN tar file
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486
maybe would be easier

Look at the first 2 letters of the file on the download site it tells you where to put them, AP goes under ap in 3.0.9, CSC goes in CSC slot, BL goes in BL slot, CP goes in cup slot and the last file is the pit file and goes in the pit section, then flash the file and it should reboot when finished, if it boot loops then disconnect, hold Power button till it shuts down remove battery reinstall battery hold volume up and home press power button boots to recovery, in recovery wipe data and cache then reboot

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

I don't want to be rude, but if that is to difficult to understand you may not want to be messing with root or other mods, I would spend some time researching so that you understand the modifications you are making it will make things easier

PimpMyPC

Nov 21, 2013

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

If your still confused go here, the file here is an ODIN tar file
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486
maybe would be easier

Im trying it again with a different cable I think the other cable might of been bad, How long should it take for it to flash all of the files?

PimpMyPC

Nov 21, 2013
Im trying it again with a different cable I think the other cable might of been bad, How long should it take for it to flash all of the files?

ahh the s3 is back to life. thank you very much. The first problem was the other cable was bad I swapped cables with a new one and the flash worked. everything looks perfect