ihavenewnike

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles
I think I am screwed. What is this?
3ebu6y5u.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

fuzzychinsagrero

Sep 26, 2012
No idea on every you possibly did but was bored at work and nowhere does it recognize your version. Sorry man.

EddieK23

Apr 25, 2014
Quick note to anyone coming from MJ9, this update can remove your root, and the MJ9 saferoot method will not work on it.

Happy updating to those out there!

pedalquickly

Jul 12, 2011
I've lost root too..does anyone know of a root process for the build? I haven't tried the process listed in the Development section as it doesn't say anything about the VRUAND3 build...

Thanks!!

Latindude001

May 14, 2014
Saferoot is not working with the new update VRUAND3 so don't waste your time.

bvzxa3

Oct 15, 2011
At the moment we don't know yet. But I was told today that you can go back to 4.1.1 with a great risk of bricking your device.

If you updated to 4.3 you cannot go back to 4.1.1
Also going to 4.1.1 is touchy. If you were to go back you need to go to 4.1.2
Basically if you have the official 4.3 update and beyond you cannot unlock the bootloader or in some instances root.

I am using the Skynote Rc2.5 ROM but I am technically coming from 4.1.2. There is no official 4.2.x update for this version of the Note 2.

gee1000

Jun 9, 2011
If you updated to 4.3 you cannot go back to 4.1.1
Also going to 4.1.1 is touchy. If you were to go back you need to go to 4.1.2
Basically if you have the official 4.3 update and beyond you cannot unlock the bootloader or in some instances root.

I am using the Skynote Rc2.5 ROM but I am technically coming from 4.1.2. There is no official 4.2.x update for this version of the Note 2.

Right, I was asking because the ND3 update doesn't appear to be any different than MJ9 firmware wise except for what I assume are mostly changes in the baseband to accomodate the Telus bands. I would think that safeboot will be updated easily for this minor build but I am not any expert by any means.

I also saw people talking about for the same Telus update for the S3 to just Odin backflash VRUCNC1 4.3 to VRUCML1 4.3 with success (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2575661&page=153). Anyone tried that? I might actually try it myself to get root back. I don't this new "update". I think VZ did this more to take away root than add some really necessary Canadian roaming anyway.

Last edited:

MrFleming007

May 15, 2014
Right, I was asking because the ND3 update doesn't appear to be any different than MJ9 firmware wise except for what I assume are mostly changes in the baseband to accomodate the Telus bands. I would think that safeboot will be updated easily for this minor build but I am not any expert by any means.

I also saw people talking about for the same Telus update for the S3 to just Odin backflash VRUCNC1 4.3 to VRUCML1 4.3 with success (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2575661&page=153). Anyone tried that? I might actually try it myself to get root back. I don't this new "update". I think VZ did this more to take away root than add some really necessary Canadian roaming anyway.

Curious to see what your results are if you do try this. I also feel that VZW did this update more to take root away, especially considering that the base band could have been incorporated into the (hopefully) upcoming 4.4 update.

Yup, this annoyed me enough that I finally got an account! :mad:

louiespagouie

May 23, 2014
I was forced the vruand3 update at about 4 am while I was sleeping. I woke up to no root and some issues tied to the freedom app not being uninstalled. I flashed back to mj9 with odin. I rerooted with saferoot. I was still having the connection issues with everything google related. I took the ota update again to try to fix the issue. The google issue fixed itself after the ota, but my root wasn't taken away this time. So now I'm on build vruand3 and have full root access. Maybe someone can shed some light on this , or it will help someone