[Q] XBMC space used

Search This thread

dbelleman

Apr 20, 2010
Bear, DE
How much data storage is your install of XBMC using on your Fire TV?
I know it's going to vary by content but I'm just looking to see what the average is.

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
Mine is 830mb. I have 300 movies and about 20 tv shows. Also some addons installed.

I really look forward to be able to use a pen drive or portable hd for storage...

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

eliassaba

Feb 14, 2011
Mine is 830mb. I have 300 movies and about 20 tv shows. Also some addons installed.

I really look forward to be able to use a pen drive or portable hd for storage...

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

Strange. Mine is 803 MB. I have 1,245 movies and 29 TV shows. I wonder why yours is so large. Before letting it suck down al the info/images, I set it to not retrieve actor info/images in order to save space. Perhaps that uses a lot of space.

On a side note, I initially set XBMC to get my files via UPnP from a PC running XBMC with the same media collection instead of my current setup using SMB file sharing. The UPnP setup was only around 300MB since it pulls all the info/images from the PC. I didn't go with that setup because using UPnP doesn't allow you to use "Library" mode. You have to use "Videos" to get to everything. But it's definitely a good option if you want to reduce XBMC's disk usage.