Unable to flash with Sony Flashtool

Search This thread

PinoPano

Feb 25, 2013
Hi All,

I hope someone can help. I need to restore the original software on my SGP521 and tried to flash a .ftf with the Sony flashtool. I've got an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed. But when I connect my tablet to my pc and open the flashtool, I get a message saying 'no matching services' along with a yellow triangle. It recognises the device correctly though. Any suggestions?

thanks

Edit: Ok, so it seems that the Sony flashtool is only compatible with 511 and not the 521. Great, thanks Sony! How do I flash a tft then?

Last edited:

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Hi All,

I hope someone can help. I need to restore the original software on my SGP521 and tried to flash a .ftf with the Sony flashtool. I've got an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed. But when I connect my tablet to my pc and open the flashtool, I get a message saying 'no matching services' along with a yellow triangle. It recognises the device correctly though. Any suggestions?

thanks

Edit: Ok, so it seems that the Sony flashtool is only compatible with 511 and not the 521. Great, thanks Sony! How do I flash a tft then?

Before messing with the device you should read carefully. FTF is for Flashtool the real one not Sony's crippled ;) Get it here:http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

For some strange reason sony decided to name their tool "flashtool" too.

Regards

Reactions: PinoPano

PinoPano

Feb 25, 2013
Before messing with the device you should read carefully. FTF is for Flashtool the real one not Sony's crippled ;) Get it here:http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

Regards

Thanks, managed to flash the original firmware.

This is my first Sony device and I'm having a hard time adjusting. I've always had Nexus devices or GPE's and I have to say that it's a little less friendly in terms of modding. That said, I absolutely love this thing and am so happy I replaced my iPad with it

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Thanks, managed to flash the original firmware.

This is my first Sony device and I'm having a hard time adjusting. I've always had Nexus devices or GPE's and I have to say that it's a little less friendly in terms of modding. That said, I absolutely love this thing and am so happy I replaced my iPad with it

Hehe, once you get used to it you will see its very easy too ;)
We did build many tools around Xperia Devices, if you know how to use them there won't be a problem anymore!

Regards

kbroh

Jul 1, 2014
Flashtool

Note: Xperia z2 tablet is not "officially" supported on flashtool. This is be known to have errors when trying to unlock the bootloader and getting the message that it still needs to be in fastboot mode when it is clearly in fastboot already. It does however read the devices status and connect thru adb. WiFi 16 GB model has provided numerous issues in my experience especially.

Want to unlock bootloader and throw a custom recovery on it? As of now, voiding warranty thru Sony for the unlock code and pushing it thru command mode fastboot is your cleanest solution.

"Educate through persistent research"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

thanks

Regards