[Mod] JI6 OTA Rom & Lockscreen Mod Accurate Battery Icons *10-15-10*

Search This thread

the3dman

Sep 5, 2007
Chicago :(
www.the3dman.com
Here are a bunch of different Battery Icons from multiple Dev's/Modders including myself that were made... and now work in the JI6 OTA roms.

Big thanks goes out to zimphishmonger for working with me on making the original battery icons based on 'fightspit's mod' work on our Vibrants. Also thank you to s0niqu3 for her modded framework that allowed me to port the icons to OTA JI6, and make them work with the lockscreens.

All these can be flashed with clockwork.

These Icons are only for the JI6 OTA Rom and will not work on the JFD stock rom or any other roms for that matter (This includes Bionix Roms!)

*10-15-10 Fixed the issue with the menu button unlocking the phone in the android lockscreen included with the battery mods. Thanks to s0niqu3 for all her help!

*10-14-10 Added a new Updated Android Battery Icon

See post 4 for the icons with the lockscreen included.

See Post 3 for battery icons that work with the lockscreen mod! (Not Included)

Screenshots are in the the 2nd post.

This post has the battery icons with no lockscreen or lockscreen compatibility.

Who Made Them:

Square Battery Icons - The3dman
Circular Battery Blue - Originally by FightSpit and ported by Zimphishmonger & The3dman
Segmented Battery Green - Originally by FightSpit and ported by Zimphishmonger & The3dman
Orb Battery - The3dman
Upright Battery Icons - s0niqu3
Stock Accurate Battery Icons - s0niqu3
MoonPhase Battery Icons - The3dman
Android Battery Icons - The3dman

The LockScreen - untermensch

WARNING: ALWAYS make a nandroid backup prior to installing any modification, including this one. You are making the decision to install this on your own, and I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

Attachments

• Android_Battery_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:

the3dman

Sep 5, 2007
www.the3dman.com
Screen Shots

Attachments

• moon.jpg
    moon.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3,134
  • Square.jpg
    Square.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,742
  • circle.jpg
    circle.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,687
  • Segmented.jpg
    Segmented.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,629
  • orb.jpg
    orb.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,647
  • upright.jpg
    upright.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,534
  • stockaccurate.jpg
    stockaccurate.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,595
  • snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,312
Last edited:

the3dman

Sep 5, 2007
www.the3dman.com
Battery Icons with LockScreen Included

Here are the same icons again, but these ones have the lockscreen included.

A big thanks goes to untermensch for the LockScreen.

*Update* All these icons have been updated to include the fix to disable the menu button from unlocking the screen with the android lockscreen.

Attachments

• Android_Battery_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 60
  • Circular_Battery_Blue_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 97
  • Moon_Phase_Battery_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 18
  • Orb_Battery_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Segmented_Green_Battery_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 77
  • Square_Battery_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Stock_Accurate_Battery_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 96
  • Upright_Battery_with_LockScreen_JI6_Clockwork.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

SamVib

Aug 26, 2010
Texas
Has anyone tried these with Frankin-Twiz? I read it was based off of the pre-leak.

Here's the OP:
**Change Log**
~ Based Build Pre-leak
~ Included the Newest Swype App & Lib's
~ Fully Compatible with all Jac's Kernel
~ txt & email Notification works

It should work but what do I know I am a newb.

SamVib

Aug 26, 2010
Texas
Currently doing a Nandroid backup. Will report back when I am done flashing the batt icons.

EDIT: Doesn't work with Frankin-Twiz sadly. Kept getting FC's.

Last edited:

s0niqu3

Feb 23, 2005
Here are a bunch of different Battery Icons from multiple Dev's/Modders including myself that were made... and now work in the JI2 beta rom.

Big thanks goes out to zimphishmonger for working with me on making the original battery icons based on 'fightspit's mod' work on our Vibrants. Also thank you to s0niqu3 for his modded framework that allowed me to port the icons to JI2.

All these can be flashed with clockwork.

These Icons are only for the JI2 beta rom and will not work on the stock rom.

Screenshots are in the the 2nd post.

Who Made Them:
MoonPhase Battery Icons - The3dman
Square Battery Icons - The3dman
Circular Battery Blue - Originally by FightSpit and ported by Zimphishmonger & The3dman
Segmented Battery Green - Originally by FightSpit and ported by Zimphishmonger & The3dman
Orb Battery - The3dman
Upright Battery Icons - s0niqu3
Stock Accurate Battery Icons - s0niqu3

WARNING: ALWAYS make a nandroid backup prior to installing any modification, including this one. You are making the decision to install this on your own, and I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

Thanks for the credit, and for doing all the boring work re-building all these for JI2 for everyone.

Shocking though it may be, I'm female, in case you want to update your post ;)

Cheers,

=)

~ Jocelyn

gravis86

Jun 5, 2010
Kirkland, WA
No these will not but you can get the ones that will from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=758797

Thanks for the link but it doesn't really seem to be what I'm looking for. Has anyone made a stock battery icon that accurately represents remaining power? I'm thinking no changing colors and no numbers in the center. I like the stock one just the way looks, I just want it to be accurate.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

s0niqu3

Feb 23, 2005
Thanks for the link but it doesn't really seem to be what I'm looking for. Has anyone made a stock battery icon that accurately represents remaining power? I'm thinking no changing colors and no numbers in the center. I like the stock one just the way looks, I just want it to be accurate.

Nope, I didn't bother, because 28 pixels (the stock width of the colored portion of the battery that represents remaining charge) is just too few to accurately represent the current charge levels, at least for me, without also having the numerical percentage.

Seems like a great opportunity to learn a bit about android and fill the mod you want yourself though, happy to help you out along the way, just so tired of making new PNG files myself, at least until we get CM6 or another AOSP rom, sorry.

Cheers,

=)

~ Jocelyn

s0niqu3

Feb 23, 2005
Has anyone tried these with Frankin-Twiz? I read it was based off of the pre-leak.

Here's the OP:

It should work but what do I know I am a newb.

Hi,

These shouldn't work on the new franken-twiz build, since they use a newer version of framework-res.apk, that likely relies on changes in other framework files not present in the franken-twiz build.

I've made a very rough beta for the franken-twiz of ONLY the upright/vertical battery mod here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=758797

WARNING: Read the op in that thread thoroughly, because you'll lose Eugene's custom theme (well, most of it, not 100% though) if you use my mod, since I wasn't able to get the framework-res.apk he modified to recompile without replacing the entire drawable-hdpi folder with one from a stock JFD rom, hence 99% of touchwiz skin is back in my mod.

I'm also not providing it in a flashable zip form yet, because really, if you flashed his franken build, you should know how to use adb push that he enabled.

Cheers,

=)

~ Jocelyn

murse

Dec 20, 2008
Thanks for updating these; I was missing the batt percentage in the status bar after the update. I love the blue circle.

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
Nice work everyone! May eventually get me to go over the a JI2-based FrankenTWiz once they get that nasty volume button\call drop bug worked out.

Last edited: