Should

• Get a N9 or 900

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I have had some isuses with verizons 4G LTE network and am thinking of going 100% AT&T again. I still have my galaxy S2 and like it alot, but want 720p and LTE. the S4 seems nice too.

I may wait for the galaxy S3 or maybe verizon can some how fix this crap. (Yea right)

Any way: I won't do it with out a unlimited data plan, becuase I don't see a use for LTE and 720p with only 3GB to play with. ( I have a "unlimited non-smartphone" data plan on my GT-9100 but I don't think it will work with this phone.)

I have made a list of pros and con's for this phone:

Pros:

1) It will be out soon.
2) It's on AT&T's BETTER LTE network.
3) The 28nm S4 seem's like a blast vs any thing else.
4) The 720P SLCD2 seems alot better this time vs the SLCD of 2011.(I will need to see this for myself, to make sure it lives up to the videos I have seen.)
5) HTC can make a good phone when they make it the "ONE". LOL

Con's:
1) It's GPU does not seem like a big boost VS the CPU power.
2) Non-removable battery. ( If this phone acts like my RAZR, I will be yelling NOOOOOO like in the movies. If it's better than my S2 at not locking up, then not so bad.)
3) No SD cards. ( I would be alot more ok if they had 32 and 64GB phones for sale.)
4) I don't like the buttion layout. ( I wish it was like the S2 with a push down home key.)

ok so to be or not to be HTCed. :) ready set comment

This is why the big red sucks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDxJoGv3FLA

Last edited:

dullahan263

Dec 11, 2011
Berlin
I would wait for the S3 as Samsung promised much better battery life (maybe around 2300mAh+). The LG Optimus 4X also has 2100mAh battery. Hopefully they could deliver 7-8 hour screen time which would be a dream. I would 120% get one if that was the case. One X's battery is meh (1700mAh), maybe around 4-5h screen time max.

I don't know about the One X display, but my Sensation display looks pathetic compared to my girl's S2. SAMOLED is just so much prettier than anything else.

No microSD is also sad :(.

But i love HTC designs and Sense UI that's why i chose HTC. ICS Touchwiz is one big fat uggo (albeit very smooth).

If you want best spec, you may want to wait for the S3, if you want pretty and useful experience, i guess you cannot go wrong with the One X.

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I am more for useful than "pretty".

It's a 50/50 split on a ONE XL fourm. LOL

I really want my next phone to be LTE, but I will say H+ can be pretty good and even play in the same court in REAL world phone use. When I first got my GT-9100, I took it in to a verizon store and mobed the foor with all the best phones all the way every time intill the RAZR tied or beet it most of the time. (I should have seen, the phone had isuses, but I wanted unlimited LTE so bad, becuase my home internet sucks.)

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Any way: I won't do it with out a unlimited data plan, becuase I don't see a use for LTE and 720p with only 3GB to play with. ( I have a "unlimited non-smartphone" data plan on my GT-9100 but I don't think it will work with this phone.)

You have the unlimited dumb phone plan on AT&T? If you buy any smartphone from AT&T, they will switch you to a smartphone plan. Not positive, but I don't think they can switch you to an unlimited smartphone plan in this case. But it never hurts to ask (demand?).

wdc777

Feb 24, 2012

I understand your desire for LTE, but have you thought about going with the HTC One X? It doesn't have LTE, but I think the support will be much greater over on those forums. Not to mention, since it won't come with an IMEI that AT&T will recognize considering it's an "international" phone, you should be able to just pop the sim in that you have now for your S2.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that would work for you. Yes, it wouldn't be subsidized, but you bought an international S2, so I assume that wouldn't be a problem for you. ;)

junodragon

Feb 23, 2012
Wouldn't the SIM card be different though? I heard the One X will be using a micro-SIM and AT&T phones use the standard SIM card?

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
Well I know for sure the odds are stacking up against the razr. Fac reset has failed me and I knew it would, but you know how it is.

Update: They are sending me a refurb. I don't know if this will fix anything, but AT&T is looking better and better to come back to 100%

Update2: I think I will wait and see what the galaxy s3 has to bring to the table. This Droid Razr I have sucks eggs by the way. I don't care for subs, but I don't really want to buy any more "3G"/H+ phones. After having a 4G LTE phone no matter how much it sucks, you still will feel the need for 15+mbs every now and then. My ISP sucks too and I like Netflix so yea. I used 94GB on Verizon one time, because I could only pull less than 1mbs DL from my ISP and I pay for 10mbs DL and 1UL. The funny part is I get 100kbs more UL speed than I pay for, but 1/2 to 1/10 of the DL speed I pay for.( TWC SUCKS)

Ok thats all for now

Last edited: