ma.da.ladla

Apr 13, 2012
The hashcode given cm9 is no status bar fc issues and very snappy

Sent From my Kindle Fire
Setup:Details are Below
Cm7 Barebones+Raven's Kernel
Minimum:300 Higher 1200mhz
Go launcher Ex With MIUI Theme
Games:MC3,Fifa 2012,Real Racing 2,Stick Cricket,Gangster Rio....
Apps:Mx Video Player,JetVid,Titanium Backup,Opera Mobile,Dolphin HD,Adobe Reader

ma.da.ladla

Apr 13, 2012
Heating issue didn't solved yet

Sent From my Kindle Fire
Apps:Mx Video Player,JetVid,Titanium Backup,Opera Mobile,Dolphin HD,Adobe Reader

Thelgow

Dec 1, 2010
Looking great. Quick questions, I recall hearing some issues with charging. Is it still having problems?
Also is the hardware acceleration working? I'm only interested in flash player for some sites, like youtube and pr0n.
Also how is the OTG access? I was hoping for this to come eventually. Might look into these 32gb memsticks flying around for low prices.
And would you be able to chain a droid phone to the kindle for files?

Also I believe I saw somewhere that the usb transfer speeds were corrected?
That's the best yet. Times are rough when wifi is faster than that usb 1.1 crap.

ma.da.ladla

Apr 13, 2012
Hot plug governer is not working properly and giving me freezes

Sent From my Kindle Fire

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
Looking great. Quick questions, I recall hearing some issues with charging. Is it still having problems?
Also is the hardware acceleration working? I'm only interested in flash player for some sites, like youtube and pr0n.
Also how is the OTG access? I was hoping for this to come eventually. Might look into these 32gb memsticks flying around for low prices.
And would you be able to chain a droid phone to the kindle for files?

Also I believe I saw somewhere that the usb transfer speeds were corrected?
That's the best yet. Times are rough when wifi is faster than that usb 1.1 crap.

I recall the only problem reported with it is with regards to charging from a wall outlet. USB charging works fine. Charging notification doesn't work though so it still displays as discharging although the graph would go upwards. :p

Regarding OTG, some parts were disabled due to boot problems. Right now this is a low priority as hashcode is trying to fix the more important parts before enabling additional features.

As for USB transfer, I have no idea since I usually use ADB for transferring files to my Fire. Stay tuned though as someone else may know about this. :)

It may not be needed but some people, like myself, would like it.

True but right now, we're all concentrating on having stability issues resolved together with all the necessary functionality. OTG and OC are far from the top of that list. It's slowly coming together though so maybe next week or even tomorrow hash could finish everything and get to those features. :)

Redright88

Apr 19, 2012
Netflix and wifi tethering

Hashcode said:
The newly added 04-22 ROM found here: rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/otter/cm9

Is a full build of CM9 which includes the 04-22 (#7) kernel. Nothing much has changed. I didn't post it yet as I was troubleshooting a netflix issue and wasn't sure if it was ROM related.

Hi Hash and other Devs,

I flashed this version of CM9 with kernel #7 yesterday night. I am having a netflix issue. The app opens fine, but shows won't initiate. I see a VERY brief flash of the red netflix screen, then nothing happens.

Second issue: I am trying to get my kindle to recognize the ad hoc network from my phone which is using open garden wifi tethering. Right now the kindle doesn't see the network at all. Instructions from previous users are to re-name the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig file to w|1271-nvs.bin.

When I look in the System/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity folder there are two files, w|1271-nvs.bin and w|1271-nvs.bin.orig. Since w|1271-nvs.bin is already there, I am not sure how to proceed.
*Should we be deleting the w|1271-nvs.bin file and re-naming the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig file?
*Should we be deleting the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig and leaving the w|1271-nvs.bin file alone?
*Should we be doing some third thing?

Thanks in advance.

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX
Hot plug governer is not working properly and giving me freezes

Sent From my Kindle Fire

Sounds like a problem you encountered.. how did you fix it? (Sorry guys I couldn't resist)

Sent from my GT-P6210 using XDA

Last edited:

Thelgow

Dec 1, 2010
I recall the only problem reported with it is with regards to charging from a wall outlet. USB charging works fine. Charging notification doesn't work though so it still displays as discharging although the graph would go upwards. :p
Awesome. OTG isn't important for me yet, and I always USB charge as is.
So is the HW acceleration working for flash player?
Also I saw Bluetooth mentioned. I dont have any devices so not critical for me, just wondering that it seems plausible so far.

kraftwerk2020

Apr 9, 2010
Minneapolis
USB OTG and usb-storage

I have never used usb-storage on an android device. I would like to with the kindle. I just wonder if someone can answer a few questions before I start.

Do most cables sold as OTG cables have the pins shorted out or will I need to mod the one I buy?

People have been posting about power requirements of flash drives and using powered USB hubs. I would like to use it without a USB hub, can someone recommend a flash drive that they have gotten to work with the kindle?

If you use the kindle with a powered hub, does it need a cable without the pins shorted?

Last question, will the rom autoload the module and automount the device, and what filesystems are built into the kernel?

Thanks in advance for the help.

southbird

Feb 12, 2010
I have never used usb-storage on an android
Do most cables sold as OTG cables have the pins shorted out or will I need to mod the one I buy?

I didn't know about the pin short until after I had already ordered a micro -> A cable. When they arrive I'll let you know if they have the short so there's at least an order point. Probably the smart way to do this would be to identity a mainstream gadget -- e.g. a smartphone -- which uses the short-sense and then we just get a cable compatible with that phone.

If you use the kindle with a powered hub, does it need a cable without the pins shorted?

The pin short tells the Kindle that there's a device connected as opposed to a charging cable or that it should act as a client device. It activates the "sense" signal of the board. I haven't gotten into hubs with OTG, but I imagine you would still need the short to trigger the sense of hosting devices.

icemank121

Sep 10, 2006
New Castle, IN
Hi Hash and other Devs,

I flashed this version of CM9 with kernel #7 yesterday night. I am having a netflix issue. The app opens fine, but shows won't initiate. I see a VERY brief flash of the red netflix screen, then nothing happens.

Second issue: I am trying to get my kindle to recognize the ad hoc network from my phone which is using open garden wifi tethering. Right now the kindle doesn't see the network at all. Instructions from previous users are to re-name the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig file to w|1271-nvs.bin.

When I look in the System/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity folder there are two files, w|1271-nvs.bin and w|1271-nvs.bin.orig. Since w|1271-nvs.bin is already there, I am not sure how to proceed.
*Should we be deleting the w|1271-nvs.bin file and re-naming the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig file?
*Should we be deleting the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig and leaving the w|1271-nvs.bin file alone?
*Should we be doing some third thing?

Thanks in advance.

Adhoc doesn't work at this time, wpa supplicant will need to be patched for it to work which probably won't happen until everything stabilizes. Those files are for the MAC issues, not adhoc.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

hang313

Jun 30, 2009
everything works fine except battery life, it runs off 10% per hour without using the device.

thanks for contributions, if the battery problem fixed, it will be an excellent rom.!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

djkeller3

Jan 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
Hey Hash,

Seems like Netflix doesn't like your recent device naming changes (Amazon Kindle Fire -> Kindle Fire). The window which is supposed to play the video just pops up for a second and then closes.
I verified this by changing ro.product.model back to Amazon Kindle Fire in build.prop and voila, netflix works again :)

https://github.com/KFire-Android/device-amazon-otter/commit/b130d49e25461a642aad9b122a6b5f0853802501
https://github.com/KFire-Android/device-amazon-otter/commit/e1202a33fbbceb087f6ff7c5fecc54fd51f87bb1

The new boot animation looks good btw. Thanks

Can you explain exactly what we need to change in our build.prop and what it needs to change to? Would GREATLY appreciate!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA Premium
ROM: CM9 ReloadedROM v1.2H
Kernel: Hashcode 3.0.21(#7)
Overclock: 1.0 GHz Max, 1.0 GHz Min. Performance
Launcher: ADW EX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW KERNEL IS CHARGING. OS DOESN'T SHOW THE CHARGING ICON.
    Make sure when you plug in to check the Settings -> Battery screen and see "Charging"

06-28: KERNEL.ZIP #13 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): REMOVED TEMP
    (Recompiling w/o Linaro for compatibility)
    md5sum: a16c281fa3dbe0962c6dc2c03e6df5bc
    Full ROM: http://bit.ly/NaD2vW
    md5sum: d9dfe6f5f97eadbeaecc86d0314cb80e
    - Mainline Linux 3.0.31 updates
    - TI kernel 3.0.21 branch updates
    - [ROM-Only] Now w/ "OtterParts where the touchscreen filter setting can be set (0 as default, but 30 is very usable) -- (Scott Brady)
    - Built using Linaro toolchain
    - Added KRAIT optimizations (not sure how effective yet) (twa_priv)

NOTE: I haven't adjusted the nightly server to use the 3.0.31 kernel OR Linaro yet. This is the only ROM link I've built with it in it.

[06-27-2012] UNOFFICIAL NIGHTLY SERVER IS RUNNING:
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    GApps: http://goo.im/gapps (4/29 is the latest in the CM9 row)
    These builds are using a stock framework which includes the volume slider mod. It's kept up-to-date by twa_priv.

STEPS FOR UPDATING:
    1. Download .zip file from the nightly server and place on your device
    2. Reboot into recovery and apply .zip
    3. If coming from any ROM which is not CM9 please wipe data/cache/Dalvik Cache
    4. Reboot and enjoy

LATEST CHANGES:
    [06-26-2012] Added sbradymobile's touch filter patch + OtterParts for controlling the filter level (30 recommended, default as 0 for now) (under Settings -> Advanced) [THANKS!]

SOLO KERNEL NOTES:

06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)

TROUBLESHOOTING FOR USB not being recognized in Windows 7 (while the Kindle is *NOT* plugged into computer):
    - Open Device Manager
    - Right-click your computer name and select "Show Hidden Devices"
    - The top device group should be: Android device(or phone): under it "Android ADB Composite device"
    - Right-click on that and select uninstall
    - Now plug the Kindle back into the computer and let driver re-install

IF FOR SOME REASON WIFI DOESN'T WORK ON THE FIRST BOOTUP DO THE FOLLOWING:
    Enter Terminal Emulator
    Type: su
    Type: fix-mac.sh
    Exit Terminal Emulator
    Reboot

THIS ROM SHOWS OFF HOW WELL ICS CAN RUN ON THE KINDLE FIRE.
    ** READY FOR DAILY USE **

If I had just installed this ROM and I wanted to see something that might not work in the stock-kernel based ICS ROM, then I'd try the following:
    - Install "Chrome Beta" from the market and test it out.
    - Audio is more stable.
    - Launcher is smoother due to full PVR graphic support
    - Try YouTube!

For user support, look to this thread! Please keep discussion here as to what works and what doesn't, etc.
    06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)
    I think we can safely agree that the charger driver has issues and it's being worked on. And that each user should ensure that their device charges correctly without the aid of seeing the charging icon in the status bar.

The details are really irrelevant.

ONCE AGAIN KEEP IT CIVIL. WHICH MEANS: don't accuse each other of lying, call each other names, or use otherwise inflammatory remarks.

While rude and insensitive, its also mucking up my thread which is supposed to be a useful resource.

I say this as someone who religiously pages through almost every thread in this area and often could respond badly to poorly worded kernel demands, etc. It doesn't take much to turn a well intentioned post into something worse. And sometimes its due to language barriers or other issues which are beyond control.

A thick skin is almost a requirement in any public forum setting.

/rant

On a side note the new driver is working with the OS: I get a charging icon when plugging in. Now on to removing the extra battery device, fixing suspend and a pleathora of mode switch issues.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    TEST BUILD #3 IS READY HERE: http://bit.ly/IShcSq

There are 2 changes for this build:
    - HW Codecs are now working.
    - Kernel included in this build is running "silicon type performance" mode. Meaning it's a stock overclock to 1.2 Ghz. Please test this as well.

If you have ANY issues with the 1.2 Ghz speed and want to step back down to 1.0 Ghz do the following:
    - Enter "Settings"
    - Choose "Performance" (at the bottom)
    - Click "Ok"
    - Select "Processor" (the first item on the right)
    - Choose "Maximum CPU frequency"
    - Set this to 1008
    - Then check the "Set on boot" option
    05-10: KERNEL.ZIP #9 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/Iz9J4s
    md5sum bb453c85f7155cea3fab1c83cae65c73
    [ FULL STOCK CM9 ROM AVAILABLE HERE: http://bit.ly/JC6UBT ]
    md5sum 0d7677af67501b0f467130016fb1f928
    - updated PVR/graphics drivers for bugfix (same version 1.8@869593): fixes slight text corruption in at 270 degree rotation and memory leak
    - cleanup work on backlight driver, still flashes on resume slightly (Icemank121)
    - cpu governor: conservative cherry-pick improvment patches (Entropy512)
    - [ROM ONLY] Wifi netloc (GPS) working! (Entrophy512)
    - wifi .ini file change to TQS_S_2.6.ini (doesn't have 5ghz settings like the other)
    - [ROM ONLY] Volume increase (Kuzma30), updated CM9 build, reboot recovery fix, included volume slider, and commented out "survey data missing!" in wpa_supplicant_8, higher quality bootanimation

DEV NOTES: ROM Build is now fixed so that PVR modules are built with the kernel.