Recover LTE after Brazil firmware

Search This thread

rafa00

Apr 4, 2010
Telstra 4.1.2?
Does it have any bloatware?
I´m having issues with my phone since new. If I have LTE after a call my signal dissapears for a few seconds and then reconnects. This doesn't happens with 3g.
Is there an error with the original modem file from telcel?
My phone is damaged? I'm the only one having this problem?

Saludotes!

you are not the only with that problem!

i'm from Tijuana and i have the same problem with the signal

after some calls my signal disappears, it's Telcel´s LTE faults

T

thund3rbay

Telstra 4.1.2?
Does it have any bloatware?

Only 1 widget and 1 apps ... you can disable without any problem !

Jun 26, 2009
Hi people,

this is my first post here

i'm from Mexico and my Razr HD is from Telcel

after flash the Retail Brasilian Firmware I lost my 4G LTE because the firmware has a diferent modem from Brasil LTE

for the people who lost LTE after flashing (like me) I have the solution

I just took the firmware from Rogers Canada and extract the modem_signed file and with this modem I have again my LTE from Telcel

I attached the bat file and fastboot files if somebody need it

i didn't attached the modem_signed file because my internet is very slow but you can download it from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879\\

you just put the modem_signed file in the same folder with the files attached and run the bat file, your phone need to be in fastboot mode
I updated my phone to JB with this guide..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2054906

Everything went OK, I'm in JB everything works fine but LTE... even when I flash TELCEL Modem_signed file...

are you still in ICS? have you upgrade to JB and manage to keep LTE on Telcel?

Thanks

christian5916

Have any of you guys check if you can change bands using *#*#4636#*#*
I'm using Claro Argentina's firmware, it doesn't support LTE, but gives me the option to use it :confused:

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356691047781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356691047781.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 198

adolfovm

Nov 25, 2011
Mexico City
WiFi Tethering on Telcel's LTE with JB

Hey mexican guys!

I see that you all have functional LTE with the different versions of JB out there for the XT925. But I've read around that WiFi Tethering does not function properly with the JB roms.

Have any of you guys tested the Tethering of Telcel's LTE?

If this works I'm going for it! :victory:

Saludos!

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
Hey mexican guys!

I see that you all have functional LTE with the different versions of JB out there for the XT925. But I've read around that WiFi Tethering does not function properly with the JB roms.

Have any of you guys tested the Tethering of Telcel's LTE?

If this works I'm going for it! :victory:

Saludos!

Tethering is not working for me on Rogers.

T

thund3rbay

no problem in canada with Telus LTE
only one apn in the setting ... with a * in apn type

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
The ROM won't let me create a dun APN.

That sucks...

If you're rooted there's a nice little hack which I used on my Droid 4 to add the APN. It might not be exactly the same, but should give you a good starting point :

Using SQLite Editor, Phone/Messaging Storage -> telephony.db -> carriers -> Locate the last APN, scroll over to "type" then long press that field, chose "edit field" and add ",dun" (without the quotes)

Let me know if you're successful.

Reactions: SickBeast

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
That sucks...

If you're rooted there's a nice little hack which I used on my Droid 4 to add the APN. It might not be exactly the same, but should give you a good starting point :

Using SQLite Editor, Phone/Messaging Storage -> telephony.db -> carriers -> Locate the last APN, scroll over to "type" then long press that field, chose "edit field" and add ",dun" (without the quotes)

I figured out how to root the phone and I added the "dun" APN for tethering but it's still not working under LTE. Hopefully once Rogers releases a Jelly Bean ROM it will fix this issue.

If anyone out there has figured this out please let me know! :)

T

thund3rbay

I figured out how to root the phone and I added the "dun" APN for tethering but it's still not working under LTE. Hopefully once Rogers releases a Jelly Bean ROM it will fix this issue.

If anyone out there has figured this out please let me know! :)

What apn for dun do you use with rogers ?

Try ltedata.apn

In the apn type : dun, tethering

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

Last edited:

SickBeast

May 15, 2011

Try ltedata.apn

In the apn type : dun, tethering

I'm actually on Fido.

I've tried adding a tethering APN using both ltemobile.apn and ltedata.apn, set as dun.

I'll try it again in case I made a mistake. Thanks for trying to help. I have a feeling that the problem lies within the ROM itself.

Last edited:
T

thund3rbay

Lte apn for fido and rogers are the same...
If you search on google you are not the plonly people who have problem with tethering lte problem...

With telus i use the sp.telus.com and all work ... nornally i must use isp.telus.com but i prefer to have only one apn for all things

i have used 9.9 gb this month ... 100 mb left for 2 days ... too many sbf download

Data disabled

Last edited:

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
If you search on google you are not the plonly people who have problem with tethering lte problem...

With telus i use the sp.telus.com and all work ... nornally i must use isp.telus.com but i prefer to have only one apn for all things

No I know, it seems like a common problem. I don't even know if it was working under the stock ROM because I never tried it. Fido says that LTE is still very new and they have not worked all the bugs out yet.

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com

i have used 9.9 gb this month ... 100 mb left for 2 days ... too many sbf download

Data disabled

My tethering doesn't work properly either, it seems that the whole phone starts to slow down once it is enabled. After some further analysis it appears that a lot of system processes start crashing which causes them to restart. I've only seen this when enabling tethering on Rogers stock. I'm not rooted either,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

adolfovm

Nov 25, 2011
Mexico City
Damn it looks like tethering is still an issue all over the place! By the way all you guys having issues with tethering, is it only when on 4g coverage? Or does it fail on 3g also?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

D

dashiell.cano

In new brazil JB im not having issues with tethering just wrote un APN TYPE default,dun and works great.

Sent from my RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,

this is my first post here

i'm from Mexico and my Razr HD is from Telcel

after flash the Retail Brasilian Firmware I lost my 4G LTE because the firmware has a diferent modem from Brasil LTE

for the people who lost LTE after flashing (like me) I have the solution

I just took the firmware from Rogers Canada and extract the modem_signed file and with this modem I have again my LTE from Telcel

I attached the bat file and fastboot files if somebody need it

i didn't attached the modem_signed file because my internet is very slow but you can download it from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879\\

you just put the modem_signed file in the same folder with the files attached and run the bat file, your phone need to be in fastboot mode
    Tethering is not working for me on Rogers.

Make sure you have a dun apn setup.

Just add dun to your apn type field, see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    The ROM won't let me create a dun APN.

That sucks...

Try ltedata.apn

LTEdata.apn is setup as a dun only apn on stock phone. Create a new apn in the phone and give it a bogus type, then edit the soon setting using my method.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2