Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
root@android:/ # getprop ro.build.product
tilapia
root@android:/ # getprop ro.product.device
tilapia

TWRP 2.3.2.1 touch recovery

Looks good. SHOULD work. But if you're running stock then follow my advice anyway, since like I said, SOMEHOW it's messed up and the OTA doesn't like it. Double check you have the correct OTA as well.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Can someone who has updated a 3G Nexus 7 to 4.2.2 do me a favor? I need to know the new baseband version (under Settings | About Tablet) and also I need someone to reboot into the bootloader and verify that the new version is 4.18.

Thanks!

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
No. That doesn't make sense. The assert mounts /system and checks build.prop. That should have absolutely nothing to do with CWM.

Only ways that could happen is if he doesn't actually have a 3G N7 (tilapia), is running a custom ROM that idiotically changes that value for whatever reason (wouldn't work with the OTA anyway...), or is on stock but edited his build.prop and somehow messed up those values. Provided he is actually running stock and really has a tilapia then he should just flash system.img from the 4.2.1 factory image to fix up the build.prop and any other changes to his system he may have inadvertently made.

Same advice goes to you people with the various keyboard apk problems. Either flash the system.img or extract the files you need from it.

That has EVERYTHING to do with CWM. He's running CWM for grouper, not tilapia. That's a flag within the recovery. When it does that assert, it asks the recovery what device it's on, and the recovery is telling the script that it's "grouper", not "tilapia" because grouper is what it was made for. That assert is going to fail every time until there's an actual CWM image for tilapia.

Reactions: osm0sis

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
That has EVERYTHING to do with CWM. He's running CWM for grouper, not tilapia. That's a thing flag within the recovery. It's going to fail every time until there's an actual CWM image for tilapia.

Really? Sh*t didn't know that. Stupid issue since it shouldn't affect the OTA reading the build.prop but somehow it does, eh? Apologies folks. :)

My advice still stands for all file asserts, however. If it's failing on a file, use the methods I posted above. And please don't post until you've at least tried.

When it does that assert, it asks the recovery what device it's on, and the recovery is telling the script that it's "grouper", not "tilapia" because grouper is what it was made for.

Yeah that's really weird because that's not how getprop in edify is supposed to work. You mount system first and it's supposed to grab those from the build.prop.

As for having an actual image for tilapia. Shouldn't 6.0.2.3 work?
download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-tilapia.img

and he's using TWRP, so same difference?
techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tilapia/openrecovery-twrp-2.4.1.0-tilapia.img

Last edited:

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Really? Sh*t didn't know that. Stupid issue since it shouldn't affect the OTA reading the build.prop but somehow it does, eh? Apologies folks. :)

My advice still stands for all file asserts, however. If it's failing on a file, use the methods I posted above. And please don't post until you've at least tried.

Yeah that's really weird because that's not how getprop in edify is supposed to work. You mount system first and it's supposed to grab those from the build.prop.

download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-tilapia.img

Yes those should work. People ran into that same issue back when JOP40D rolled out 3 months ago. People were using grouper recoveries and the asserts were failing when checking device. I'll bet you dollars to donuts his recovery was designed for Grouper. All he should need to do is flash a tilapia recovery and he should be all set.

Reactions: osm0sis

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Again, frigging weird if you know how getprop works. Thanks for the info! :)

Oh, about the nakasig bootloader, I can pretty much guarantee it will also be 4.18, since I checksummed 4.13 for both devices when I was writing my BootUnlocker Script guide and they were exactly the same. :good:

Edit: There we go! :p

Last edited:

xtcme

Dec 14, 2012
If anyone is curious and it may have been mentioned, but I used the tool ( not wugs) in development thread to flash stock then downloaded the 4.2.2 patch and ran it and am running 4.2.2 just fine. Though o was willing to flatten my device completely with tool, I had all my pics and music in cloud. Hope this helps. 4.2.2 runs quite a bit faster then 4.2.1 and faster then I remember 4.1.2. Happy flashing.

jaysus145

Feb 4, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
I had the error and the easiest way I found to get 4.2.2 to flash was to use wugs toolbox from his sticky in development and just flashed the stock image.
You can also back your device up with his program So DO THAT and I also backed up my internal storage because this method wipes every thing, But any ways flash stock then root. Boot phone ,set up phone update super su app and busy box installer then flash twrp via goo then download ota keeper and remove root. Boot into recovery and flash the update zip that is posted in the op. Reboot and your good.
You will have to update sdk if you want to use adb.
Stock 4.2.2 is really amazing so far.
And thanks for the help guys

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

ALD3

Aug 31, 2011
OC, Florida
Updated SDK and still unable to see device......not just adb, I mean the computer does not see my nexus 7. 3 desktops, 1 laptop all with win7 32 or win7 64. They all see all my other android devices, I know its weird. Does anyone one know how I could get back to another version, so I could start over? Tablet works fine, its just with no USB and no micro sdcard is hard but I do use several cloud devices.:confused::confused::confused:
Even having trouble using xda on nexus
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda premium

Last edited:

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Anybody get ApplicationsProvider.apk Status 7?

I'm on JOP40D stock deodex with root, stock kernel. Is the deodex causing issues? Flashing with CWM. Grouper.

khakala

Jun 18, 2009
Finland
Hi, can someone send original nakasig tilapia 3G 4.2.1 JOP40D framework-res.apk to me, because i have Tethering/Wifi Hotspot for the Nexus 7 3G mod installed and i can't update 4.2.2 without framework error, if original framework restore helps i will inform here so that other who have same problem can do the same trick.
Sadly i didn't copy my original framework-res.apk before i flash Tethering mod :(

Last edited:

Streykatorato

Mar 9, 2012
Eh.. New to OTA updates since i was using a Sony device before this... and Sony doesn't now how to update their phones and such so i would like to know if i could just flash this over my stock internal rom since im using Multirom and i could need something new to get my hands on you know;) so how do i do this? Im not a noob so please give me a pleasant answer.. and yes my english is horrible.. I have a Grouper... came with 4.2

Last edited:

gregy74

Oct 23, 2007
Ljubljana
www.elpagra.si

Thanks.
For all, that is solution for all problems with flashing ZIP update with CWMR. Just download file and rename to .img. Then flash this recovery and install zip with upgrade file.

Last edited:

K0v4L

Feb 26, 2010
Swindon
Hmm it's weird, I just flashed stock image and relocked, nexus detected update, downloaded it and asked fir permission to restart and install. After restart, logo with red triangle appears with "error". Any idea?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts