[Q] PLEASE help with S-OFF!!!

Search This thread

alonkushu

Jan 26, 2014
I have and HTC One Verizon running android 4.3. It has a locked bootloader and S-On..
I tried to S-off using rumrunner but I get stuck on this error - "ERROR: looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!"
What do I need to do so it won't happen??
Thanks!!!!

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I have and HTC One Verizon running android 4.3. It has a locked bootloader and S-On..
I tried to S-off using rumrunner but I get stuck on this error - "ERROR: looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!"
Thanks!!!!

Rumrunner won't work with 4.3. You must be on 4.2.2. Shouldn't be long before there's a method for 4.3. Just not yet.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: alonkushu

xbox4414

Jun 6, 2010
Are there any other ways to root or S-Off with 4.3? In the same boat here and it's annoying...

Maduro78

Nov 24, 2013
It works, I'm on 4.3 hboot 1.55. Firewater unlocked bootloader and s-off.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

onthehole

Nov 26, 2011
Silly question. Once I use firewater and achieve S-OFF, what next? just install SuperSU from the play store to have root access? Also, do you lose data with Firewater? On 2.10.605.1.

Thanks.

jbeavis19

Jan 16, 2014
Washington DC
No data loss, but you have to flash cwm or tarp and install superuser from there. At least I think, I'm kinda new at this too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
Silly question. Once I use firewater and achieve S-OFF, what next? just install SuperSU from the play store to have root access? Also, do you lose data with Firewater? On 2.10.605.1.

Thanks.

No data loss, but you have to flash cwm or tarp and install superuser from there. At least I think, I'm kinda new at this too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I believe after you gain S-off you have to install a custom recovery. Then you'll have to flash a ROM with SU in it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks!!!!

Rumrunner won't work with 4.3. You must be on 4.2.2. Shouldn't be long before there's a method for 4.3. Just not yet.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thanks! Do you know how do I downgrade? ( I heard about using the RUU or something..)
    not possible unless you are s-off