[Q] Upgrading to 4.4.3, couple of questions

Search This thread

SonicAngel

Dec 2, 2013
Hey all

I wanna update to 4.4.3 but I want to wipe everything, then restore some things I want cause the battery life on my phone is pretty bad even using greenify for just about everything I can...

I'm running stock rom with Xposed and Franco kernel, I have Titanium backup pro and a backup I took with my CWM recovery.

How do I go about this? I want everything deleted with the option to restore my apps and their data ,What'sApp conversations, PvZ level progress, and my Xposed settings are the important ones.

Does the Titanium backup I have save these things? Do I need to copy tyhat backup off the phone before doing anything cause it will be deleted in the process?

SonicAngel

Dec 2, 2013
Yes but most asked how to upgrade without wiping, I want to wipe everything then restore some stuff. This is my first Android upgrade so I'm a bit :?

Like restoring Xposed settings with all my modules and stuff, I have no idea how to do that.

Also, do I need to revert to the stock kernel before doing all of this? I'm a bit scared of all this.

SonicAngel

Dec 2, 2013
Well went ahead and downloaded factory 4.4.3, installed with flash-all and now I'm rebuilding it. Hopefully Titanium has everything I was hoping for it to have...

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Well went ahead and downloaded factory 4.4.3, installed with flash-all and now I'm rebuilding it. Hopefully Titanium has everything I was hoping for it to have...

Doesn't "flash-all" flash userdata which wipes /sdcard?

I wouldn't ever recommend using those batch files. You only needed to:
Code:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img

SonicAngel

Dec 2, 2013
Doesn't "flash-all" flash userdata which wipes /sdcard?

I wouldn't ever recommend using those batch files. You only needed to:
Code:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
It does which is exactly what I wanted. I wanted a complete overhaul that deletes everything, like a new phone.

I saved my TitaniumBackup folder from /sdcard to my PC and now I restored it, this is pretty much what I wanted and TB really backs up almost everything. I'm happy so far :D

SonicAngel

Dec 2, 2013
Ah ok fine.

There was no benefit to wiping the /sdcard though
The only benefit was that this is my first Android phone and I tried a lot of stuff before settling with what I like. That left a whole lot of mess on the phone and even in /sdcard there was a lot of crap that I have no idea what it was and weather or not it's necessary. Now I can take another look and if anything is back I know it's needed.