Can't flash stock Rom using Odin

Search This thread

friend5072

Aug 9, 2014
Penang
Hi everyone,
I need a little help here.
I just accidentally soft brick my Samsung Galaxy W and i wish to flash stock Rom using Odin.
I tried a few attempt but got a same result.

<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I had change 3 wires, 2 computer with total 6 ports, different version of odin , different version of Samsung driver. Kies is not running at background.

For ur information, my phone is rooted.

It kinda stuck at Setup Connection for some time and show a Big Fail on the top.
Can any expert heelp me out?? i need the phone...

Harakhti

Aug 27, 2012
Budapest
I dont understand , can u please guide me through the process?
i tried Odin V3.07, Odin3 v1.85

Those are Odin3 models, you need "Odin Multi Downloader". I use 4.44 in that, and it uses a .OPS file that you need, which is namely "Ancora.ops" since this specific device uses the oldschool partition recognizing method.

Refer to this thread for the tool.

Everything else should be similar, except single package flashes go to "one package" with that mode ticked instead of the upper options like it would in Odin3.

Reactions: friend5072

friend5072

Aug 9, 2014
Penang
Thanks guys for all ur help i had sucessfully flash the stock rom:) My phone is now back to normal.
The mistake i did was i used Odin3. After changing Odin multi downloader, i was manage to flash the rom. Thanks again. :good::good:

Reactions: Harakhti

AntonyMMM

Aug 21, 2014
Guide: [HowTo] Flash a firmware with ODIN on Samsung Galaxy W(I8150)

What you need: I assumed you already have your stock firmware and installed the driver.

ancora.ops
MD5 Sum: 65831d136621d6d550d2a11a2e8111f3

Odin Multi Downloader v4.44
MD5 Sum: b8ce68edc61ad822733de676a6644185

Hope it helps, good luck :)

After trying numerous things with Odin and different ports/PCs and not being able to get past "Setupconnection" on any of them this is the solution that worked for me - I now have a working phone again. Many thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which specific Odin were you using for that? the Wonder uses Multi Downloader with a .OPS, not Odin3.
    I dont understand , can u please guide me through the process?
    i tried Odin V3.07, Odin3 v1.85

Those are Odin3 models, you need "Odin Multi Downloader". I use 4.44 in that, and it uses a .OPS file that you need, which is namely "Ancora.ops" since this specific device uses the oldschool partition recognizing method.

Refer to this thread for the tool.

Everything else should be similar, except single package flashes go to "one package" with that mode ticked instead of the upper options like it would in Odin3.
    Guide: [HowTo] Flash a firmware with ODIN on Samsung Galaxy W(I8150)

What you need: I assumed you already have your stock firmware and installed the driver.

ancora.ops
    MD5 Sum: 65831d136621d6d550d2a11a2e8111f3

Odin Multi Downloader v4.44
    MD5 Sum: b8ce68edc61ad822733de676a6644185

Hope it helps, good luck :)
    Thanks guys for all ur help i had sucessfully flash the stock rom:) My phone is now back to normal.
    The mistake i did was i used Odin3. After changing Odin multi downloader, i was manage to flash the rom. Thanks again. :good::good: