Search This thread

mrozzeh

Mar 16, 2010
unrEVOked Forever
-------------------------

This tool will give you permanent nand unlock while booted into the os as well as S-OFF security for the ability to flash unsigned zip's from hboot. With this you can flash any OTA and still be able to recover root by flashing a recovery and a root package. Please read our site for details and instructions and the download!

Target platforms: HTC Evo and HTC Incredible

http://unrevoked.com/forever/

Were on it - thanks!

unrEVOked Forever

This tool will give you permanent nand unlock while booted into the os as well as S-OFF security for the ability to flash unsigned zip's from hboot. With this you can flash any OTA and still be able to recover root by flashing a recovery and a root package. Please read our site for details and instructions and the download!

Running it now - thanks fella's! Damned the torpedoes!

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
already fully rooted here.. but this seems interesting. Will have to read more about it... sounds like a winner though.

so you can use this even if you have already done the OTA? I have a friend that accepted it (after i already told him not to) and really wants root now. LOL

darkhova

Mar 18, 2009
already fully rooted here.. but this seems interesting. Will have to read more about it... sounds like a winner though.

so you can use this even if you have already done the OTA? I have a friend that accepted it (after i already told him not to) and really wants root now. LOL

No you have to be rooted and have a custom recovery to flash the unrevoked Forever

Good to go!!!

unrEVOked Forever

Rooted, Froyo 2.2/Sprint, HBoot 0.76.2000, Radio 2.15.00.07.28, ClockworkMod Recovery - applied and bootloader shows S-OFF!

Sweet splash screen - all good here.

Recovery works, backed up and restored, no issues!

Great stuff - now to test...

Last edited:

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
Question, does this allow us to accept the official ota and get the 1.40 prl, i ask cause that seems to be priority!

Of course I'm rooted with nand unlocked. Running Calkulin.

Sent From Your Grandmothers HTC Evo via Telepathic 4G

darkhova

Mar 18, 2009
When we download the zip do we have to rename the file from "unrevoked-forever.zip" to "update.zip"?

I think this will be sooner than later?

You need the PRI file first!!! And if you have it share it cause everyone is wanting it. Once more people get this on their phone it should be a little while then someone should be able to drop that file so we can all update to the PRI.

I'm looking forward to this, although I haven't seemed to suffer from 1.34, it will bring closure to the issue for those who have!

Perhaps soliciting the PRI threads with the news?

Last edited:

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
Fastboot?

I'm looking forward to this, although I haven't seemed to suffer from 1.34, it will bring closure to the issue for those who have!

Fastboot extended commands? Are these the ones we use? like ./fastboot-mac flash etc.. ?

I don't think, but would like to know, I would like to know how would I set myself up to have both, ENG and Forever as stated.. :)

Thanks Guys..

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
No you have to be rooted and have a custom recovery to flash the unrevoked Forever

Was just reading the install instructions and says you can use unrevoked3 to install custom recovery (per their website says v3 works on all supported phones even if not previously rooted), then you should be able to finish the install of unrevoked forever and presumably flash any new rom.... hmmmmmmmmm.. sounds a little too good to be true.. .but who knows??? lol

I will definitely be playing with this on my friends evo just to see what we can do!

Top Liked Posts