[Q] Hidden counter that counts the resetting of the firmware-reset counter?

Search This thread

Hironimo

Jan 17, 2009
Hi.

It is known that you can use an USB Jig to get into download mode and reset the counter for custom-rom flashing which is used to keep track whether we did something that voids the warranty.
In the below thread post I found mention that there might be another counter that counts the number of times this counter has been reset:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14284729&postcount=13

Does such a counter really exist?
If so, might Samsung use it to deny warranty?
If it exists, is there a way to also reset that counter?

Thanx in advance!

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Does such a counter really exist?

Possible

If so, might Samsung use it to deny warranty?

Maybe

If it exists, is there a way to also reset that counter?

No
Work in progress .

jje

Hironimo

Jan 17, 2009
I now did here. Also sent a message to Chainfire..

Lets hope on some update...
Where does this rumor come from about such a counter?

If it exists, the USB JIG may not help with warranty at all...

Hironimo

Jan 17, 2009
Noone interested in this?

Anyone have an idea how the changes are on such a second counter and if Samsung might use it to deny warranty?

I already got an USB Jig but still worried to use it..

Also, when rooting - can I make up a backup of my kernal to restore it after rooting so the Warning triangle goes away (if so, how?) or are there zip files to write with CWM of the stock KE7 kernel already?

Hironimo

Jan 17, 2009
I searched... Had to look more closely since in the first few pages nothing about flashing original kernal was mentioned...

I finally found a thread that explains this clearer and has original kernels:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

It would still be nice to find out if the mentioned second counter exists or not...

Last edited:

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
It was either chainfire or supercurio (cant remember which) who said there was an internal counter. Not might be, was. I do remember their post being on using a jig to reset the visible counter in one of the threads. I was not able to pull it on a search either.

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
We won't really know if samsung will look at this hidden counter that has yet to be found....

From what I know there is believed to be a hidden counter based on some code that seems to point to it, however the counter itself has not been found hence why we have no way yet to reset it.

Samsung may choose to ignore this when warranties are considered, for all we know they might ignore the ODIN counter too, but its unlikely.

LittleSamson

May 27, 2011
Anybody sent a SGS2 back to Samsung after a reset with an USB JIG?

Just worried about my warranty.

Last edited:

k1sr

Oct 27, 2008
I've heard there's a secret band on ninjas that attack you at night once your flash count reaches 500.

Rumour is that they dispose of you without a trace so there is no evidence that they actually exist at all.

Can anyone tell me if they do exist.

4NDR01D5

Oct 31, 2011
Question: If the phone were to sudenly accidently go into the microwave for a split second after the magnatron warms up of course with the li.ion battery removed, it wouldnt matter if the phone was rooted or not it doesnt work and its hardware related, problem solved. Unless the have a microwave counter:eek:

curioct

Jan 12, 2011
As my hidden rom count was at 498 I followed the ninjas chasing the poster above and when no one was looking disposed of them.

For legal reasons I canty give you any more details, however if they should rise from the dead and come after you when your hidden rom count hits 500 then the safety phrase is 'CurioCT says this is all bull****' : D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts