IPA to APK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Posts like this remind me of when Super Nintendo came out and all these parents were freaking out on the evening news that their kids would want it and it wasn't fair... and that they should make an "adapter" so that the old NES system could play the new games. LOL

Reactions: LordBattleBeard

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
I like IPA... But I also like APK.

But which one's better ?

There's only one way to find out......

Cl8rs

Nov 6, 2010
Roseville
Wow...

You guys need to calm down. It's just a question. You don't need to make him look like an idiot, you look like an idiot when calling him one. Just sayin.

Anyway, sorry, its not that easy. I wish it was that easy and often wondered the same thing at times.

lyricalchaos

May 28, 2011
Excpet the guy who ask the question your all idiota since devlopers are working on this just havent said whsts going on for a while it can be done just takes so much work

Reactions: Jwan

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Excpet the guy who ask the question your all idiota since devlopers are working on this just havent said whsts going on for a while it can be done just takes so much work

Developers are working on what? An .ipa to .apk converter? Lmfao Android uses java. Its not even the same language as the iPhone :rolleyes:

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York

Spoken by someone who has never written a program in his life.

The logistics of this requires human interaction. Android programs are written in a COMPLETELY different language than iOS programs. While both programming languages can produce the same results, and obviously use the same graphics data and stuff like that, a human programmer must make that conversion as how they get to that end result is completely different.

No developers are working on this. Its a waste of time.

bubblegumballoon

May 8, 2011
Swansea
Question: if I remember properly, Android uses a virtual machine, called Dalvik, to run Java code. Could Dalvik actually run Objective C (iOS language) code somehow?

programs that are coded in C run natively they dont run in a VM like android apps. Thats why its possible to use android apps on other platforms (providing they have the dalvik VM) like the blackberry playbook but you couldn't do that the other way around.

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
The Dalvik VM is just a Java VM right?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't actually run Java code by itself...

No its not just a Java VM and actually works quite differently than a normal Java VM. A regular Java VM works almost like an Emulator within the device running it. The Dalvik VM actually takes the program and uses its own class libraries, it converts some of the java files when its compiled into its own format. This saves space and memory usage, due to the programs obviously needing to be run on devices with limited memory.

The Android SDK also has an ungodly huge amount of libraries within it as well withe specific code design to do basically anything.

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
have an idea ask Google to try and create android to read IPA or other formats then android will be the best as developers will want to create games, apps and other things and make life easier for everyone as it will be like this in left hand iphone in right hand Samsung galaxy s2 really good android phone which will you pick me i would go for the Samsung as it's better as i have one but if it could run IPA. Iphone will probably unexistant just saying but it's best to ask google. for more easier methods to create games and apps just like ipa is really easy to create apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has got to be the stupidest question I have ever seen on XDA.
    Mods can we please get a lock on this thread so it doesn't keep coming back to haunt us
    Wow...

You guys need to calm down. It's just a question. You don't need to make him look like an idiot, you look like an idiot when calling him one. Just sayin.

Anyway, sorry, its not that easy. I wish it was that easy and often wondered the same thing at times.
    can someone of the developers make a converter.

IPA to APK converter, something like the PSXperia tool.
    Posts like this remind me of when Super Nintendo came out and all these parents were freaking out on the evening news that their kids would want it and it wasn't fair... and that they should make an "adapter" so that the old NES system could play the new games. LOL