[ROM] 98.30.1 Stock, Vzw Removal, Flashable Recoveries

Search This thread

snoop1979

Jun 8, 2008
So if i flash "xt907-98.30.1-boot-system-s.zip" it wont lock my unlocked bootloader is that correct?

After that i can flash "xt907-98.30.1-vzw-removal-s.zip" to debloat the rom right?

FirePsych

Apr 28, 2012
Roswell, GA
Is this stock or revolted?
Can you flash this after a good wipe to get the 4.4.2 or are there files missing?

I'd have to unroot?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install your ROM? Instructions please.

How to flash a rom:

rooted:
    install safestrap
    open safestrap and install recovery
    reboot and enter recovery (select recovery on safestrap splash screen)
    make a backup (optional, recommended)
    create a rom slot
    wipe everything except internal and external storage
    install rom

bootloader unlocked:
    install custom recovery (twrp recommended)
    reboot and enter recovery (press and hold volume up + power hard keys while booting)
    make a backup (optional, recommended)
    wipe everything except internal and external storage
    mount system
    install rom
    Hmm, I will try that.

EDIT: That seems to be working. What is that exactly? Will this mess me up once they put 4.4 out?

Also, since I am on the newest stock rom anyways, any idea how that happened? Could another rom have had something newer or faked a version number or something? Very confused on how this worked or what it could mean for the future.

Thanks!

EDIT 2: maybe I should just make a new thread ;) I still get the variable not supported message when flashing in Fastboot, but everything seems to flash correctly. So strange.

Gpt is the partition table. It contains security version for the other partitions and prevents downgrading on locked devices. It has a security version itself which is checked at boot. Once it is upgraded, it can't be reverted, but isn't really necessary on unlocked devices since the boot loader will allow flashing anything.
    ROMs usually touch only the boot and system partitions, sometimes the logo and modern partitions. It is unnecessary to touch any of the other partitions.
    Variable not supported is common, it displays for me as well but isn't a problem.
    In the end the memory card died, lol. I assume it wasn't the rom, just a bad card. bestBuy replaced it for me, so I'll try this again later :) Probably the root of a number of issues I had.

glad you figured out the issue!

@Q9Nap

Nice ROM and great efforts. Few points that I would like to highlight:

1. Boned ROM should have Messages, Circle Widget (these are basics that are needed)
    2. Ciphering Fix should be included (IMHO) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167606
    3. Description of dst odexed and other ROMs - even though its understandable, details around what they contain would be helpful.

thanks for the feedback! yeah bones is missing a lot of stuff, but that's the point of it.
    all removed apps are either downloadable from the play store or have replacements available in the play store. i debated whether or not to remove messaging since it is a basic function, but due to sms integration being available in hangouts as well as many other sms apps being available, i decided to remove it. i'm not a fan of the circle widget mainly because it works only on the stock launcher and seems to drain battery faster (maybe my imagination), but it can be pulled from the stock deodexed build and added back if desired; same with any other removed apps.
    that ciphering fix looks interesting, haven't seen or heard of it before. i don't have the issue that it fixes though.
    as for a description of roms other than bones, mainly dst, they can be found on droid-hive where i originally posted them:
    xt907: http://droid-hive.com/index.php?/topic/2399-rom-98301-dst/
    xt926: http://droid-hive.com/index.php?/topic/2444-rom-9301-dst/
    i never created posts for them on xda, although future efforts will likely be posted here. with the imminent release of 4.4, it's hardly worth creating posts for them now. big thanks to aviwdoowks for sharing them with the xda community!