Xperia Z2 bootanim.mp3

Search This thread

Subtellite

May 28, 2014
Hello,

iam new here because i have a question related to the Bootanim.zip. i rooted my Z2 and changed the bootanim.mp3, the complete zipfile and i even tried to unzip the mp3, edit it with wavelab and repacked it into the zip. i even changed the access permissions but the sound doesnt play at startup. what am i doing wrong?

Subtellite

May 28, 2014
sry for the late response, ofcourse the boot sound is enabled.
The original bootsound works if i backup it, but as soon i put my custom mp3 in the zip file it doesnt work anymore. The original file and my custom file have the same audioproperties (except from the bitrate wich is at 128kbit/s in my custom and at 160kbit/s in the original file).

btw. the docking sound doesnt work either, it is playable when i extract it from the phone but it doesnt work/play while docking/undocking (docking sound is the original file). I now checked again every possible setting in the phone but there is no option to de-/activate the docking sound.

Last edited:

merfie

May 1, 2012
When you put a file to the bootanimation.zip,you should never forget setting the "compression method"option to "store" since the default option is"normal",and that should be the main problem causing your phone remaining silence at boot。Also,don`t forget to change the file permissions.

Check the pic below.(winrar, for example)
1.png

warrior75

Aug 18, 2011
Rome
When you put a file to the bootanimation.zip,you should never forget setting the "compression method"option to "store" since the default option is"normal",and that should be the main problem causing your phone remaining silence at boot。Also,don`t forget to change the file permissions.

Check the pic below.(winrar, for example)
View attachment 2779757

Hi,

Rom Version: RomAur v3.1

I've tried everything, but the audio doesn't start :(

Tried .ogg, .mp3. Renamed in bootanim.mp3/ogg. Edited desc file, added "s" string.

I've tried also putting audio file in these folders:

1) system/media
2) system/media/UI

Any idea???

Thank you.

Last edited:

merfie

May 1, 2012
Hi,

Tried .ogg, .mp3. Renamed in bootanim.mp3/ogg. Edited desc file, added "s" string.

1) system/media
2) system/media/UI

Any idea???

Thank you.

Try to extract an origninal bootanimation.zip file from the official firmware,then replace the music file ONLY,beware the "compress method"I mentioned above.

1) system/media
2) system/media/UI
those stuff won`t necessary

Last edited:
Reactions: Subtellite

warrior75

Aug 18, 2011
Rome
Try to extract an origninal bootanimation.zip file from the official firmware,then replace the music file ONLY,beware the "compress method"I mentioned above.

1) system/media
2) system/media/UI

Hi,
ok, I've tried, startup failure with my custom mp3 file, only "android logo shown!
Permissions are correct. :eek::eek::eek:

Thank you!

merfie

May 1, 2012
Try use the 160kbps mp3 file,also do beware of the COMPRESS METHOD as I mentioend above when you put your mp3 into te zip file.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA mobile app

warrior75

Aug 18, 2011
Rome
Try use the 160kbps mp3 file,also do beware of the COMPRESS METHOD as I mentioend above when you put your mp3 into te zip file.

compress method: always done :good:

ok, let my try 160kbps!

Thanks!;)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

compress method: always done :good:

ok, let my try 160kbps!

Thanks!;)

ok, seems to play but no sound and animation now! :eek:

Subtellite

May 28, 2014

160kbps is not needed, my 128kbps works great now. i just changed the compression method in WinRar to normal.

well that was a late response but better late than never, thank you anyways

Subtellite

May 28, 2014
ok it doenst work "great", the volume level is very low (cant even hear it if e.g. tv runs) any idea how to increase the bootanim.mp3 volume?

btw. if iam playing the file with the walkmann app everything is fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

1) system/media
    2) system/media/UI

Any idea???

Thank you.

1) system/media
    2) system/media/UI