[Q] can someone help me stop heavy post processing?

Search This thread

mrdalesen

Feb 13, 2014
I have a sony xperia Z C6603 and I absolutely hate something about the phone. Before i take pictures it looks great (amazing even) as i take the photo the picture is perfect, then after a second it processes it so much i look more like an alien from outer space than a human being. Not only this but the files are also ridiculously small compare to all other phones. I've downloaded the FV-5 app and it's great, but my photos from my front camera stll lokks like horse s***. i do not want other setting configurations, because nothing fixes it... Has anybody made a fix for this via rooting or whatever? i've searched all over the internet after a solution , but can't seem to find one. One of you geniuses must have a solution, right? (have the 4.3 android version and 10.4.B.0.569 build number).

indycar

Apr 10, 2010
Bohinjska Bela
Not yet. People have tried.many things but.no luck so far. At least Sony finally updated the camera app which was the same since x1 was released

Indy@Xperia Z

mrdalesen

Feb 13, 2014
Not yet. People have tried.many things but.no luck so far. At least Sony finally updated the camera app which was the same since x1 was released

Indy@Xperia Z
geez.... Yah... my photos did not get better at all, haha. If they could just change the format to JPG or whatever (know that is big files) that would be fantastic, but nooo.... (now referring to sony and not XDA-developers) Great phone, TERRIBLE photo software.

chefnoob

Jan 18, 2012
Sydney
I have a sony xperia Z C6603 and I absolutely hate something about the phone. Before i take pictures it looks great (amazing even) as i take the photo the picture is perfect, then after a second it processes it so much i look more like an alien from outer space than a human being. Not only this but the files are also ridiculously small compare to all other phones. I've downloaded the FV-5 app and it's great, but my photos from my front camera stll lokks like horse s***. i do not want other setting configurations, because nothing fixes it... Has anybody made a fix for this via rooting or whatever? i've searched all over the internet after a solution , but can't seem to find one. One of you geniuses must have a solution, right? (have the 4.3 android version and 10.4.B.0.569 build number).

Yes, Sony's post processing is ****.
Unfortunately, there is no solution as of yet.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

mrdalesen

Feb 13, 2014
if you have extensive knowledge with camera settings you could try using manual mode and set everything yourself.
That does not help with the secondary camera, it's bad quality no matter what I do.
My girlfriend has a Iphone 5 which deinitely takes better pictures than mine, I think you all agree that this is unacceptable, we must stand together and crush the underpowered Iphone with the wrath of our mighty hardware and fixed software!

Last edited:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
That does not help with the secondary camera, it's bad quality no matter what I do.
My girlfriend has a Iphone 5 which deinitely takes better pictures than mine, I think you all agree that this is unacceptable, we must stand together and crush the underpowered Iphone with the wrath of our mighty hardware and fixed software!

we can see it two ways
the camera hardware sucks and we can't do anything about it
or the camera software sucks and we have to wait for sony to update their binaries and libraries and other stuff. which we also cannot do anything about.

Mijiwo

Oct 19, 2012
I agree...when I first looked at myself trough the front camera:eek: I thought if I brought a renovated phone with a broken camera...

MARKOZD15

Dec 19, 2013
Zadar
Hello!

I have installed AOKP 4.3 ROM on my Xperia Z. When I need to take a fast picture, I just use auto ISO/Exposure...

When I wanna get better picture in low light, I just use a little bit tweaking :) In low light, when I'm taking picture of some close object, I just put ISO on 100/200 (max), use flash and that's it! When I'm taking picture a little bit further (3/4 meters), I use 200/400 ISO, and use flash if I can (very big con of our device is bad flash). When I'm doing night portrait, just put ISO on 400 and turn on HDR, photos will look awsome believe me :)

Tonight I could upload some pictures from my Z, just to give you some clue.

P.S. When you're using front camera, turn on HDR you will get a much better photo quality

mrdalesen

Feb 13, 2014
Hello!

I have installed AOKP 4.3 ROM on my Xperia Z. When I need to take a fast picture, I just use auto ISO/Exposure...

When I wanna get better picture in low light, I just use a little bit tweaking :) In low light, when I'm taking picture of some close object, I just put ISO on 100/200 (max), use flash and that's it! When I'm taking picture a little bit further (3/4 meters), I use 200/400 ISO, and use flash if I can (very big con of our device is bad flash). When I'm doing night portrait, just put ISO on 400 and turn on HDR, photos will look awsome believe me :)

Tonight I could upload some pictures from my Z, just to give you some clue.

P.S. When you're using front camera, turn on HDR you will get a much better photo quality
Thank you so much, I will definitely try!

I found oyt that the HDR was turned on, the picture quality is still terrible....

Last edited:

MARKOZD15

Dec 19, 2013
Zadar
Thank you so much, I will definitely try!

I found oyt that the HDR was turned on, the picture quality is still terrible....

Did you turned off 'soft tan effect'' or something like this? It helps a bit on stock ROM (Honami camera app)

I'm using AOKP ROM and I have better front camera picture quality than my friend (Galaxy S4), I just turned on HDR

mrdalesen

Feb 13, 2014
Did you turned off 'soft tan effect'' or something like this? It helps a bit on stock ROM (Honami camera app)

I'm using AOKP ROM and I have better front camera picture quality than my friend (Galaxy S4), I just turned on HDR
I just flashed the ROM after aloooooooot of work and I currently have the PAC-MAN ROM and the picture quality is amazing. It takes pictures in JPEG automaticallly and the files aren't that big! If anyone wants to do this I can deliver some links which actually unlocks bootloader, roots and flashes ROM, looked for the right downloads for ages.