Please insert a higher class SD card for the best Zoe experience.

Search This thread

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
Is what I get when I switch to Zoe mode. What would be the best class of SD card to use? Any manufactures better than others?

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
Just get a class 10 sandisk, that's what I use without an issue but maybe let us know what class and brand you have

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

allen175

May 19, 2010
Dublin
Im getting the same message, I just got a Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 64GB, and speedtest readings with the sandisk tool is 20+mb/s. Maybe its just a bug with it not reading how good our cards are.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Im getting the same message, I just got a Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 64GB, and speedtest readings with the sandisk tool is 20+mb/s. Maybe its just a bug with it not reading how good our cards are.

If you are having issues with SD Cards, post the format you are using, i.e. exfat, ext3, ntfs, etc... Also, how you formatted it, via laptop, or on the Android device itself.

I have a 64Gb & a 128Gb San Disk SDXC UH-1 & both work excellently. I do not know if it has been fixed, but at one point 64Gb Sd Cards came formatted in exFat, which Android did not support over 32Gb. Maybe they've fixed that, but I don't remember what I formatted to last, it was a few devices ago.

allen175

May 19, 2010
Dublin
I didn't format it, maybe thats the issue, i just threw it straight in and started using it, I'm in work now and can't check what format it is in, i'll check when i get home.

EDIT: just download an app to check and it is formatted in FAT32.

Whats the recommended format for SD cards with android?

Last edited:

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
I didn't format it, maybe thats the issue, i just threw it straight in and started using it, I'm in work now and can't check what format it is in, i'll check when i get home.

EDIT: just download an app to check and it is formatted in FAT32.

Whats the recommended format for SD cards with android?

I just formated within the settings but that's strange for class 10 to have issues.

allen175

May 19, 2010
Dublin
I just formated within the settings but that's strange for class 10 to have issues.

I done the same, but it formatted in HPFS/NTFS and now the sandisk app on see's the card as 10gb, but my computer see's it as the full 64gb, so going to format it back to fat32.

Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 11
May be this thread could shed some light on this subject:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1897260

P.S. My SanDisk 64GB card came pre-formatted and I have no issue with Zoe on M8. However, when I purchased SanDIsk Card 64GB from eBay, it showed 4 GB available space? Then I tried a generic Micro SD card 64GB and M8 would not even recognized the card due to poor contacts. I purchased mine from a local Staples and it works w/o any issues. I ended up paying few extra dollars as compare to on-line bargains but it was worth the price. In other words, you may want to try another card and see if it works.

Good Luck

allen175

May 19, 2010
Dublin
I'll have a look through that thread later. My card is the non mobile sandisk ultra, but its still class 10 uhs-1, so I don't know why there is an issue with it, might contact HTC themselves and see if they can shed any light on it.