[Q] Rooted, Carbon ROM, Mobile data and Wifi problems

Search This thread

Karlovsky120

May 18, 2014
So I have rooted my S4 Mini, as described here and installed JellyBean version of Carbon rom for S4 Mini LTE (i9195, my model).

I used this guide when rooting and I used this rom version.

Everything works as should, but my data network is behaveing strangely. It's not that it's not working, it does connect to via H+, 3G (which imediatley turns into DC which is something I haven't seen on stock rom). But it connects only sometimes and doesn't work at other times in places where it definitly should. And 4G never works (in places it worked on stock).

Disregard Wi-fi part, I had some issues with my router, there was never a problem with my phone (at least regarding the Wi-Fi)

My APN is fine, it wouldn't be able to connect otherwise (and I checked the settings).

Any ideas?

Ask for any additional information. =)

Last edited:

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
So I have rooted my S4 Mini, as described here and installed JellyBean version of Carbon rom for S4 Mini LTE (i9195, my model).

Everything works as should, but my data network is behaveing strangely. It's not that it's not working, it does connect to via H+, 3G (which imediatley turns into DC which is something I haven't seen on stock rom). But it connects only sometimes and doesn't work at other times in places where it definitly should. And 4G never works (in places it worked on stock).

Disregard Wi-fi part, I had some issues with my router, there was never a problem with my phone (at least regarding the Wi-Fi)

My APN is fine, it wouldn't be able to connect otherwise (and I checked the settings).

Any ideas?

I hope somebody else knows, but if you don't find any solution just change the rom

s4minii257m

Jul 11, 2014
FOUND FIX!!!

I too had this problem on 4.3.1 carbon rom. I wiped data using recovery boot and at first it didn't help. But it started working again in a few seconds. Magical fix. Let me know if this works for you too.

janocare

Jul 12, 2014
Santiago

Any ideas?

Hi, I'm install the [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4] CarbonRom KitKat Weekly's [S4 Mini 3G/LTE/3GDS] [app2sd] on my S4 Mini I9195 LTE and I have no problems with the data network... you could try that ROM, is awesome.
The only issue i have is in the Lockscreen... can't set the weather option in the Lockscreen... the Lockscreen no shows the wheather.
If any can help me with how do that, I will apreciated...... (sorry for my bad english... I'm from South America).
Cheers!

sheky01

Feb 27, 2013

Any ideas?

same problem. Do you use a 3G or 4G signal from your network provider ?

sheky01

Feb 27, 2013
Possible fix for you

Hi again, i spent hours trying to fix this and came up with a solution:

Make a back up of your current rom

Use Odin to flash the I9195XXUBMJ7_I9195OXABMJ7_DBT file ( can provide if needed ) to go back to stock firmware

Make note of the APN settings of the stock firmware, then restore the back up and change the apn settings to the same as the stock and it should work.

This worked for me.

Reactions: Karlovsky120

Karlovsky120

May 18, 2014
Went back to stock and it worked well enough (as intended). However I just installed the official Cyanogen ROM and it works like a charm. Latest nightly build (01.02.2014.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Possible fix for you

Hi again, i spent hours trying to fix this and came up with a solution:

Make a back up of your current rom

Use Odin to flash the I9195XXUBMJ7_I9195OXABMJ7_DBT file ( can provide if needed ) to go back to stock firmware

Make note of the APN settings of the stock firmware, then restore the back up and change the apn settings to the same as the stock and it should work.

This worked for me.