Charger port cover

Search This thread

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey guys. My phone is about two Months old our so and my charger port cover is already not staying shut good. I'm thinking about getting a wireless charging setup, but was trying to avoid it because of the cost. Anyone else having this issue?

Also what wireless setups is everyone running?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

gdmlaz

Jul 16, 2010
Miami
How do you even install this ? Just wondering for future reference hopefully not anytime soon...... But does the thing that hold it in place just gets pushed in there ? how will you take the old one out ? Or do you have to take the whole phone apart, Making the phone not being waterproof anymore which basically will be pointless since that is the whole point of this lol

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
How do you even install this ? Just wondering for future reference hopefully not anytime soon...... But does the thing that hold it in place just gets pushed in there ? how will you take the old one out ? Or do you have to take the whole phone apart, Making the phone not being waterproof anymore which basically will be pointless since that is the whole point of this lol

You have to take out 1 screw from the back. Thats it.

Reactions: gdmlaz

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Thing is do I want to get a new one every two months?

Well no, but what other choice do you have? The bright side is it's only $5. I mean, the only other option is to get a wireless charging sticker (which breaks the water resistance anyway), or a real samsung wireless charing back cover. Both are more expensive than just replacing this flap every 2-3 months. I'm pretty disappointed in Samsung if this is truly the case though.

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
Well no, but what other choice do you have? The bright side is it's only $5. I mean, the only other option is to get a wireless charging sticker (which breaks the water resistance anyway), or a real samsung wireless charing back cover. Both are more expensive than just replacing this flap every 2-3 months. I'm pretty disappointed in Samsung if this is truly the case though.

Same here...

You have a point.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Just actually took a look at the phone and you are correct so not that bad kind of annoying but at least is an easy fix let me save the link for the port cover just in case I need it in the future lol

I hope I won't need to replace it though. A $700 phone shouldn't need the user to replace a part every 2-3 months. The GS1 (att captivate) had a sliding door that never broke in 3 years of use. Maybe samsung should have done that.

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
Just to let you know, tmobile would have replaced it, but don't go that route. They send refurbished phones that are more than likely to have more problems than your original phone.

Yea, I don't want a refurb. I have done that before with them and it was ok, but my phone was a year old. This one is too new!

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Yea, I don't want a refurb. I have done that before with them and it was ok, but my phone was a year old. This one is too new!

How many people are having this issue? Sure hope mine isn't problematic like this. I'm getting an OtterBox Preserver case so i might just remove that cover to make it easier to plug in the charger plug. but then again, if the case were to ever fail, it would be nice to have that extra protection guarding the device.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
How many people are having this issue? Sure hope mine isn't problematic like this. I'm getting an OtterBox Preserver case so i might just remove that cover to make it easier to plug in the charger plug. but then again, if the case were to ever fail, it would be nice to have that extra protection guarding the device.

So far, there's been 2 reports. One in this thread (obviously), and one in the accessories section. I've only had mine for about a month, so I guess that's why my flap is still fine. Hopefully it will stay fine though.

2 Months Old

Hey guys. My phone is about two Months old our so and my charger port cover is already not staying shut good. I'm thinking about getting a wireless charging setup, but was trying to avoid it because of the cost. Anyone else having this issue?

Also what wireless setups is everyone running?

Mine is already broken off.

Top Liked Posts