4.4.2 Help

Search This thread

eddyo1993

Apr 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy S3 or at least downgrade to where I can unlock it. I want to be able to run liquid smooth on my phone. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

eddyo1993

Apr 10, 2013
Yes, and a couple weeks.

All the information is available on their website, Google it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

thanks for the info. Now while looking on the site I ran across JTAG i think and i was wondering what it is. Also, could i install custom ROMS with custom recovery on galaxy S4 without sending it in and without using SafeStrap

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
thanks for the info. Now while looking on the site I ran across JTAG i think and i was wondering what it is. Also, could i install custom ROMS with custom recovery on galaxy S4 without sending it in and without using SafeStrap

JTAG stands for joint test action group, which is essentially a common IEEE serial port located on the motherboard of many devices. In a phones case, a Riff box is used to access the port and flash device specific files to the motherboard directly, thus eliminating the need for the phone to be on or functioning in the first place.

In this case, the jtag port is used to write to the emmc chip directly to override the system check and flash earlier firmware.

You can on the S4 but you need MDK firmware, you're better off asking in the S4 forum.

eddyo1993

Apr 10, 2013
JTAG stands for joint test action group, which is essentially a common IEEE serial port located on the motherboard of many devices. In a phones case, a Riff box is used to access the port and flash device specific files to the motherboard directly, thus eliminating the need for the phone to be on or functioning in the first place.

In this case, the jtag port is used to write to the emmc chip directly to override the system check and flash earlier firmware.

You can on the S4 but you need MDK firmware, you're better off asking in the S4 forum.

Ill look into the s4 forum. So is there anything I could do to run LiquidSmooth ROM on my S3? Also, would it be possible that Verizon unlock it if I ask?

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Ill look into the s4 forum. So is there anything I could do to run LiquidSmooth ROM on my S3? Also, would it be possible that Verizon unlock it if I ask?

Only way is by paying $50. Verizon will do no such thing. Verizon only releases sim unlocked phones, Verizon has never provided a bootloader unlock service.

Reactions: BadUsername

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy S3 or at least downgrade to where I can unlock it. I want to be able to run liquid smooth on my phone. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

It'll be a $50 fee and its done via MobileTechVideos. There is no XDA exploit to unlock the bootloader on 4.3+.
    Am I gonna have to send it in and if so how long would it take.
    Yes, and a couple weeks.

All the information is available on their website, Google it.

Only way is by paying $50. Verizon will do no such thing. Verizon only releases sim unlocked phones, Verizon has never provided a bootloader unlock service.