ROM 4.2.BLU for Blu Studio 5.3ii

Search This thread

kevinoliva113

Sep 26, 2008
Android 4.2.2 AOSP ROM for BLU Studio 5.3ii. 4.2.blu

Standard Disclaimer: It's your phone.. If you brick your phone, or it becomes self aware and takes over the world, I am not responsible.

Features:
Aroma Installer
Google Launcher
Newest Play Store
3 way reboot
OG Battery icons (many to choose from
Kit Kat wallpaper and fonts
Performance tweaks by me and SuperDragonPT
Full Gravity Box SuperDragonPT
Viper Audio SuperDragonPT
and more.....

Not Working
No support for photosphere... Sorry :rolleyes:
About phone will not open.

Known issues.
To get "okay google" to work, you must temporarily download another launcher (any.. Google launcher will stop working) Then go to ESExplorer>system>app and delete com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk . Then go to play store and download google search. Google launcher will work again and you will have "okay Google". you can uninstall the other launcher.

Viper. If you use make sure to pick CortexAx with NEON.

Installation Instructions:
ALWAY DO A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS OR ANYTHING ELSE.
1)Download ROM Here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpfAdALNa_gS0xYQUF0UWNlUzA/edit?usp=sharing
2) Reboot recovery
3) factory wipe
4) wipe cache
5) Choose install zip.. Pick 4.2.BLU
6) go through Aroma Installer.. Phone will reboot on completion
first boot takes a while.

Last edited:

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
I really appreciate the work! Been looking for sources to build AOSP 4.2.x or CM10.2 for like a month now, but since you've already built it...
How hard would it be to port something to this device? Been wanting to put together either Carbon or OmniRom, but again, sources are thin...
Thanks again for this build!!!

kevinoliva113

Sep 26, 2008
I really appreciate the work! Been looking for sources to build AOSP 4.2.x or CM10.2 for like a month now, but since you've already built it...
How hard would it be to port something to this device? Been wanting to put together either Carbon or OmniRom, but again, sources are thin...
Thanks again for this build!!!

The problem is mediatek never released their kernel source. So developers of aftermarket ROMS cannot build for these devices, and we cannot port them over. There is a nice carbon clone that I may have ported. I will check my computer tomorrow and see if I still have it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
OK, new problem. MTKDroidTool says my PMT file doesn't match. I'm getting hard locks where I have to pull the battery and restart the phone. It definitely seems like an oom situation because there is nothing in the logcat from the exact moment of the hard lock on.
This is on BLU 4.2 and any other port.

Sent from my thumb magnet using Jedi mind control...

kevinoliva113

Sep 26, 2008
OK, new problem. MTKDroidTool says my PMT file doesn't match. I'm getting hard locks where I have to pull the battery and restart the phone. It definitely seems like an oom situation because there is nothing in the logcat from the exact moment of the hard lock on.
This is on BLU 4.2 and any other port.

It sounds like a hardware problem. If you are over-clocking your CPU that will happen. If not, it may be a CPU problem. If you are trying to go back to stock, you should have 2 scatter files. Try the other one and see if you still get the PMT error.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
It did it on stock as well, hence my reason for flashing cwm and a custom.
I have underclocked it to 750 and no overclock, same result.
I have deleted a lot of the build prop tweaks and put dalvik cache back to 128/5/48/512k/2m, which really seemed to speed things up a bit, but it will still hang every once in awhile.
It stinks because there's nothing in logcat that points to a hardware error. The only thing I know is mtktool comes up with a pmt mismatch.
Someone needs to get me source on this so I can sit and debug it.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
EDIT:
Finally figured it out.
Screws came loose from motherboard and were floating around inside the phone causing all kinds of weird stuff.
Now I have a decent sized paper weight with 2 batteries and the original box.

Last edited:

kevinoliva113

Sep 26, 2008
Finally figured it out.
Acres came loose from motherboard and were floating around inside the phone causing all kinds of weird stuff.

That sucks... A sad ending.

Reactions: PoXFreak

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC

There's a possibility that I could get it to work again but I need to sit and resolder the button boards (volume/power), and find all the screws that either came loose and fell out or got lodged between the board and screen.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Surprisingly I got it back together and working, but the volume button cable was torn and I had to extend wires from the side of the phone to use to get into recovery, which seems botched.
All I get is the factory Chinese recovery, or if I let it boot, it acts as if it's doing a data wipe (android with scrolling blue line underneath)...
Did I lose cwm recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2.2 AOSP ROM for BLU Studio 5.3ii. 4.2.blu

Standard Disclaimer: It's your phone.. If you brick your phone, or it becomes self aware and takes over the world, I am not responsible.

Features:
    Aroma Installer
    Google Launcher
    Newest Play Store
    3 way reboot
    OG Battery icons (many to choose from
    Kit Kat wallpaper and fonts
    Performance tweaks by me and SuperDragonPT
    Full Gravity Box SuperDragonPT
    Viper Audio SuperDragonPT
    and more.....

Not Working
    No support for photosphere... Sorry :rolleyes:
    About phone will not open.

Known issues.
    To get "okay google" to work, you must temporarily download another launcher (any.. Google launcher will stop working) Then go to ESExplorer>system>app and delete com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk . Then go to play store and download google search. Google launcher will work again and you will have "okay Google". you can uninstall the other launcher.

Viper. If you use make sure to pick CortexAx with NEON.

Installation Instructions:
    ALWAY DO A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS OR ANYTHING ELSE.
    1)Download ROM Here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpfAdALNa_gS0xYQUF0UWNlUzA/edit?usp=sharing
    2) Reboot recovery
    3) factory wipe
    4) wipe cache
    5) Choose install zip.. Pick 4.2.BLU
    6) go through Aroma Installer.. Phone will reboot on completion
    first boot takes a while.
    Finally figured it out.
    Acres came loose from motherboard and were floating around inside the phone causing all kinds of weird stuff.