[10.Mar.11][v2 by CrawlingCity][ROM-DEV] HD2 Honeycomb Development Central

Search This thread

imilka

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Moscow
thanks artn3r for the video

----------------------------------------------

Well, I have worked on Honeycomb port for some weeks, and I was not going to publish it.
But I thought someone would like to see how Honeycomb can perform on our device, and maybe someone could help in development. :)

Big thanks goes to people working on Desire and Nexus HC ports, i used some tricks in this build too.

Everyone who can help in development are welcomed.

Please note - honeycomb for our device(s) is far from stable and usable now, it can be used for exploring what Honeycomb actually looks like and how can it be used on our device.

What's working now
It boots ^^
Touchscreen
LED and screen-off
Hardware buttons properly mapped
Graphics hardware acceleration
Mobile data
Accelerometer
Browser
SD mounting

What isn't
Everything else
Phone functions
Wi-fi
Bluetooth
Camera
Audio

Screenshots

lockbr.png

91468882.png

Some more attached.

Kernel : Tyung's Kernel from Source http://gitorious.org/~tytung/linux-on-wince-htc/tytungs-hastarins-linux_on_wince_htc

Download

v2 CWR ZIP - http://www.multiupload.com/SANIR58KN1
thanks crawling a lot for working on this

v1 CWR ZIP - removed

Have fun, haha ^^

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10,965
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 8,061
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 6,308
Last edited by a moderator:

nickyg008

Mar 14, 2010
may i say now thank you my good man, first you brought me the desire z rom, now you bring me this. looks like my wp7 experience is now officially over :p

p.s. please dont stop developing this. i think the hd2 screen is big enough to be consider a 'tablet' :D

Last edited:

microang

Oct 29, 2009
London
Xoom based?

Hi there I'm assuming since you've been developing it for weeks it is probably SDK based but now that the motorola Xoom System dump is out could you not use it as a base. It being a real device and everything maybe it can help get things working! :D Like when gingerbread roms were made from the sdk nothing worked but when the NExus s dump came working builds came too...

So could it work? :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=966767

Last edited:

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
Great Imilka, thanks.

what is the CWM Layout need, to run this babe?

Last edited:

imilka

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Moscow
Check system folder size inside zip. I guess about 200 will be fine, can't remember exact number

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
I'll keep my mince pies on this thread to see how it develops, im happy enough with Sergio Coredroid HD for now but honeycomb if some devs can get it to fully work certainly interests me.

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
Indeed is incredible smooth and snapier, what a nice view i saw in this beautifull release of Imilka.

Now will pray for a full working version.

thanks Imilka.

Last edited:
M

mrxkills

Thanks Been looking for this :), I noticed you've posted what doesnt work but if i notice any weird bugs FCs,Ill post up here Thanks Again

nickyg008

Mar 14, 2010
had a quick try and i love it already. ironically ipad2 announced yesterday and i was thinking to myself. its just an upgrade, ive never had that 'experience' apple bosses talk about. ive never had my 'ipad' adapt to me, i jailbreak it to make it better. its a os. simple and clean but very limited (ios btw), same system more speed. honeycomb in my opinion is an evolution. its different and better. its what you expect from an upgrade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks artn3r for the video

----------------------------------------------

Well, I have worked on Honeycomb port for some weeks, and I was not going to publish it.
    But I thought someone would like to see how Honeycomb can perform on our device, and maybe someone could help in development. :)

Big thanks goes to people working on Desire and Nexus HC ports, i used some tricks in this build too.

Everyone who can help in development are welcomed.

Please note - honeycomb for our device(s) is far from stable and usable now, it can be used for exploring what Honeycomb actually looks like and how can it be used on our device.

What's working now
    It boots ^^
    Touchscreen
    LED and screen-off
    Hardware buttons properly mapped
    Graphics hardware acceleration
    Mobile data
    Accelerometer
    Browser
    SD mounting

What isn't
    Everything else
    Phone functions
    Wi-fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio

Screenshots

lockbr.png

91468882.png

Some more attached.

Kernel : Tyung's Kernel from Source http://gitorious.org/~tytung/linux-on-wince-htc/tytungs-hastarins-linux_on_wince_htc

Download

v2 CWR ZIP - http://www.multiupload.com/SANIR58KN1
    thanks crawling a lot for working on this

v1 CWR ZIP - removed

Have fun, haha ^^
    http://www.multiupload.com/SANIR58KN1

i'll tell imilka to update OP tomorrow. again, please, dont post things like "thanks", use the button.

what about stop the "great, thanks , aweomse, sh*t i just jiz in my pants" posts, hit the freaking THANKS button, and leave this thread alone for those who wanna help making this work?

I had to go through zilions of useless posts saying thanks to read what imilka was saying about egl stuff.

and for those who dont like this post, just fyi, i will be working with imilka to get this further, so, dont even comment on this.

TL;DR: hit the thanks button, leave the thread alone. jeez
    Finally, I don't feel that a dev should be so frustrated by polite requests. It's honestly something that should be expected when you make a groundbreaking release, especially on XDA. If the dev does not want to make an SD build, that is certainly understandable. If that is the case, perhaps he could provide some information so that somebody else can.

That is all. You can have a mod remove my post if you'd like.

you're not the one working on this. and for this quote part, you don't work on any rom at all. this could and should be the place where current chefs working on this (me and imilka) shared our information. And others could jump in with USEFUL information to improve honeycomb on hd2. but no, 90% of the posts are requests and questions. This is why xda is not the place for dev stuff, it's the place for being famous and nothing else. The dev stuff happens on irc or other places.
    Thats why, I'll keep working on this ignoring useless requests and people posting "thanks". I appreciate every "thanks" post, i really do, but there's a button for it.

one last thing, this is not a groundbreaking release, this shouldn't even be consider a release. This is a WIP (work in progress).