Icons disappearing after reboot

Search This thread

biohazard.tan

Oct 7, 2010
singapore
Hi guys,
I realized after transferring apps2sd, some of the icons/shortcuts will disappear after reboot. Any clues?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

edwinlinkt

Mar 28, 2007
BSB
Apps need to be in phone memory in order to see the shortcut on home screen after reboot.
So, just move those apps back to Phone memory
Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->"On SD Card"
Select the apps and press "Move to Phone" button.

MaelstromXC

Aug 11, 2010
I am having the same problem on my i9000M. I am not using apps2sd. I've recently upgraded to Froyo (JK4). I've done a factory reset and format on internal sd in recovery mode and I am still getting the same issue.

Any idea/suggestion?

rohitruls

Jul 9, 2011
Detroit
Simple Solution

Recently 3 out of 4 shortcuts icons in the undertray disappeared from my samsung galaxy i9000...

so what i did was i went to

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications> All> twlauncher> clear data...

Warning after doing this the homescreen and the menu icon orientation will be reset
but the good part is that the shortcut icons will be back :)

Last edited:
Reactions: finbarr1969

raremind

Nov 6, 2008
Chicago
Figured it out

This is definitely a bug in Touchwiz. If the app has been moved to SD and then updated after the move, the Icon disappears after a re-boot. If you move the app from SD to the phone and re-boot the icons stay. Move the apps back to SD and you are fine.

Touchwiz see the icon as an ID and links the icon to the folder if the folder moves Touchwiz assumes that the program is no longer there. By moving it to the phone the id is reconnected and then moved with the transfer to SD.

No need to reset completely, just remember to reboot the phone AFTER you move the programs from SD to Phone. Then reboot AGAIN after you move them back to SD.

dheeraj.arcot

Oct 8, 2010
Thanks

Recently 3 out of 4 shortcuts icons in the undertray disappeared from my samsung galaxy i9000...

Warning after doing this the homescreen and the menu icon orientation will be reset

Hi Rohit,

You really rule!! thanks for this info... it totally resolved my issue... it did a bit more though ;) nevertheless I can rearrange my icons.

Cheers

xdashrim

Jul 28, 2011
THXS it worked

It worked ..absolutely...:good::good::good: great dude....

finbarr1969

Oct 10, 2006
Derby,UK

Nice one man! I've been having the same problem on My Galaxy SIII for a few days now - driving me nuts!

You fixed it - Thank you :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Solution