4.2.2 Update ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
Not working for me using stock recovery and adb sideload method. Guys please help.

IMG_20130213_225020.jpg

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
EDIT: WORKED LIKE A CHARM! I SHOULD HAVE TROUBLE SHOOTED THIS METHOD BEFORE DOING OTHER TROUBLE SHOOTING TECHNIQUES. Ugh. You learn from mistakes eh?

I had to actually flash the stock image, despite hitting restore and selecting the stock image from Franco's Kernel updater app. So tip to you all, if you plan on flashing it manually or via OTA, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FLASH YOUR STOCK KERNEL. RESTORING IT from the Franco Kernel Updater App won't do the trick 100% despite it "Restoring" it.

I also had to do a full uninstall for Root access using the SuperSu app (not needed) but might have been just the bloody kernel thing itself. Either way its fine and I am going to have to re-install TWRP and SuperSu which is not a biggy...

Glad I got the sucker working!

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
EDIT: WORKED LIKE A CHARM! I SHOULD HAVE TROUBLE SHOOTED THIS METHOD BEFORE DOING OTHER TROUBLE SHOOTING TECHNIQUES. Ugh. You learn from mistakes eh?

I had to actually flash the stock image, despite hitting restore and selecting the stock image from Franco's Kernel updater app. So tip to you all, if you plan on flashing it manually or via OTA, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FLASH YOUR STOCK KERNEL. RESTORING IT from the Franco Kernel Updater App won't do the trick 100% despite it "Restoring" it.

I also had to do a full uninstall for Root access using the SuperSu app (not needed) but might have been just the bloody kernel thing itself. Either way its fine and I am going to have to re-install TWRP and SuperSu which is not a biggy...

Glad I got the sucker working!

That's because while yes it's technically the stock kernel it isn't the kernel that came with the original 4.2 build

Sent from my Nexus

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville
Im having trouble going to stock to even update its like fastboot doesnt see my device im opening the cmd in the folder that contains the stock imgs and the adb and fastboot files what am i doing wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) OTA Update are not delayed by the fact that the Nexus 4 is not "fully AOSP supported"
    2) The Nexus 4 isn't FULLY supported by AOSP. Why ? Blame Qualcomm/LG. If you don't know how the stock kernel on Mako works, you'll learn something. The freq of the CPU is changed when you touch the screen. max_freq is still at 1.5Ghz but the min_freq is pushed to 1Ghz when you touch the screen and goes down to 384Mhz if you don't touch it for x milliseconde and the load is low.

How does this work ? mpdecision. What's this ? Can you eat it ?

Nope. Well, I wouldn't try ! mpdecision is a binay closed source by Qualcomm. Why is it closed ? because Qualcomm don't want someone steal their fantastic idea (DERP RAMP THE MIN FREQ TO 1GHZ WE ARE GENIUS).

So what ? So. Mpdecision is NOT a part of the source for Nexus 4 (obivously, it's closed sauce) BUT this binary is pulled from the Nexus 4 by developpers.

Which means : The official source of Google for Nexus 4 is 99.9% complete, few binaries like this one aren't open. OTA will come no matter what (this has nothing to do with Google update). Also this is not a problem for developpers. Obviously look at all the ROM we have :) but, for exemple, we couldn't change the mpdecision binary to "hey, it's alright to bump the freq when screen is touched, but go only to 912Mhz, not 1Ghz". Hence why many kernel dev like Franco or Faux did their own way of changing freq/pluggin cores in their kernel ;)

Damn, wish I'm clear, already drunk too many beers bloody lord :D
    Here's what I got:

W/RecoverySystem( 1007): !!! REBOOTING TO INSTALL /cache/de8b8d101614.signed-occam-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.de8b8d10.zip !!!

Update: I'm in CA and got my Nexus on Dec 13th.
    Not sure if Google will OTA 4.2.2, given the 100 or so devices they have shipped, they might just send an intern to your house to update it for you:p
    Not sure if Google will OTA 4.2.2, given the 100 or so devices they have shipped, they might just send an intern to your house to update it for you:p

or we'll get an ota notification, but when when we click to download it'll say the update is on backorder and should ship in 6-7 weeks:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    I think it's become pretty evident what's going on here: the Illuminati don't want us to have this update on the Nexus 4 because it would make our phones TOO powerful and then we would be able to pick up the frequencies of the cloaked alien vessels that hover in the upper-atmosphere as they bombard our brains with radiation in an attempt to prepare us for their arrival and our enslavement. The Illuminati (of course) will become the "chosen leaders" of humanity as we are forced into our new roles.

(I mean, if we're going to go with a conspiracy theory, why not at least make it an interesting one?)