[Q] Making an app run instantly when android boots

Search This thread

Akash.Bhagat

May 14, 2013
Kolkata
I'm having a problem with WidgetLocker lock screen on mt rooted GT-I9070, cuz it takes time to start automatically after the boot and till then there's no lock on the screen. I was wondering if there is a way for making the app run in background while android boots by adding scripts or any other means. Tried making it a system app... it started up a bit faster but not enough... Please let me know if there's a solution.

GT-I9070
Android 4.1.2 (DDULP8)
Kernel- Cocore-E 8.6
Recovery- TWRP

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai
I'm having a problem with WidgetLocker lock screen on mt rooted GT-I9070, cuz it takes time to start automatically after the boot and till then there's no lock on the screen. I was wondering if there is a way for making the app run in background while android boots by adding scripts or any other means. Tried making it a system app... it started up a bit faster but not enough... Please let me know if there's a solution.

GT-I9070
Android 4.1.2 (DDULP8)
Kernel- Cocore-E 8.6
Recovery- TWRP

I guess tasker can do that job

Reactions: Akash.Bhagat

Akash.Bhagat

May 14, 2013
Kolkata

The app is already set to "Appear on boot" and it does start when the android boots, but almost after 2 minutes. That's quite slow since its the lockscreen. I want it to be visible when android starts, just like the stock android lockscreen appears when the device boots. For that i was wondering if it could be made to start at the same time when android boots so it'd be available instantly after boot. Just want to make the app load much faster after boot.

mjz2cool

Jun 20, 2010
hardenberg
www.facebook.com
well, when you use tasker, that won't help as tasker itself needs to start, and that takes time :p
for me widgetlocker starts up right after booting, but i always wait a minute or 2 to let android boot before doing anything

K

King ov Hell

GT-I9070
Android 4.1.2 (DDULP8)
Kernel- Cocore-E 8.6
Recovery- TWRP

Install Xposed Framework then install BootManager module.

Opss

Top Liked Posts