[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
Yea echoes was still there with case on or off@screaminskulls..so next time you wanna use my question and act like you know the answer to my problem and tell me I'm ****ing up my 400 dollar phone..think twice brother...kuz dark side evolution didn't have the answer to my problem ..but yaldak did...thanks yaldak...so I guess it wasn't the ****in phone case in my situation..its def software not hardware..smfh!!!! And get off the taking the phone case off ****. people buy those cases to use not take off kuz no one can fix the echoes problem the right way

How about STFU because no one cares...

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

KiLaTeS

Aug 22, 2008
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO????????????

My phone gets stock on the reboot screen? unistalled everything and re-did everything like a million times and still can't get it to work!?
and it's not only this ROM, its like with everyone I tried before, what I'm doing wrong?!!

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO????????????

My phone gets stock on the reboot screen? unistalled everything and re-did everything like a million times and still can't get it to work!?
and it's not only this ROM, its like with everyone I tried before, what I'm doing wrong?!!

Flash a different rom... If you follow instructions and it's not working, I have no idea...

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

OldeCrow

Dec 7, 2010
Gresham
I did all these steps exactly how you post them, and still gets stock on the reboot screen, :( I think I'm about to give up lol

Try fix permissions BEFORE you flash the theme, flash, then fix permissions again.

Try re-downloading the theme if you haven't done that yet... maybe your zip is just damaged...

KiLaTeS

Aug 22, 2008
Flash a different rom... If you follow instructions and it's not working, I have no idea...

I'm going to try it one more time :(
the only thing I don't understand is, what is this step.
5. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!

hazard99

Jun 13, 2009
5. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!

Its standard recommendation to do a nandroid backup just incase things go wrong.

Youll find the nandroid backup options in recovery
Backup/recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiLaTeS

cwalker0906

Nov 2, 2010
chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
After a few calls yesterday i havent experienced any echo issues. The rom works great even though i havent flashed any of those modified t989 ics radios thats in the OP. Is that part necessary though?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA

5. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!

It seems to me and no disrespect but you don't know anything you are doing . You don't know how to back up and you can't get any from to work so I would suggest you read the stickies on the phone and fully comprehend what you are doing before you have a useless device. Again not trying to be disrespectful but read and read and you will have most of your answerstdj thanks for the from everything works on my end so thank you and my case was the cause of my issue so I don't know what to tell anyone else except figure it out

Reactions: xsteven77x

KiLaTeS

Aug 22, 2008
Its standard recommendation to do a nandroid backup just incase things go wrong.

Youll find the nandroid backup options in recovery
Backup/recovery.
Oh, right, I done that, so I been doing all my steps correctly, I just never payed atention it says that on the left top corner, I'm going to restore everything and re-do everything all over again, see if I get any luck
thanks bud
It seems to me and no disrespect but you don't know anything you are doing . You don't know how to back up and you can't get any from to work so I would suggest you read the stickies on the phone and fully comprehend what you are doing before you have a useless device. Again not trying to be disrespectful but read and read and you will have most of your answerstdj thanks for the from everything works on my end so thank you and my case was the cause of my issue so I don't know what to tell anyone else except figure it out

you are right, I don't know much about what I'm doing and don't you think the only way to learn it's trying it?
If I knew what I were doing 100% I wouldn't be asking! :rolleyes:

code_monkey74

Aug 3, 2009
Memphis, TN
You guys are unbelievable, TDJ stated like 3 times already that flashing any Mods or themes not especially designed for this especific Rom is going to brake the ROM functionality, and you guys still flashing themes, battery mods, etc. And then coming back complaining that there are these bugs here and these there. Unbelievable, unbelievable.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

yea, we are unbelievable. god forbid anyone try flashing a theme made for a ucld2 rom which, correct me if i'm wrong, this rom is based off of. The dev can't test every tiny little thing so that leaves some stuff up to us. especially a BETA release. trial and error. And never once in the years that I've been here came back to complain about a "bug" that would or could be possibly caused by me not reading and following instructions. I don't post much because i actually do take the time to read and follow instructions and usually never have a problem unlike a lot of the people posting issues here that obviously can't or do not follow instructions. If i would have had an issue after flashing the theme, then it would have been my fault for not completely following the steps provided on the first page and instead of coming here whining about it. I would know what caused the issue and would go back and do it properly. It's common sense, which I know seems kind of rare around xda these days but some of us still have it. Since others were flashing this theme with no issues, why not give it a shot? And in the end, it's perfect.....for me anyway. :)

Last edited:

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
TDJ

Dude I swear you get some of the craziest people in your threads.

I just wanted to let you know that I don't have the echo,and really don't have any issues to report.
I hope these idiots don't push you away,cause when it comes to stability and battery life your one of the best.

cwalker0906

Nov 2, 2010
chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Oh, right, I done that, so I been doing all my steps correctly, I just never payed atention it says that on the left top corner, I'm going to restore everything and re-do everything all over again, see if I get any luck
thanks bud

you are right, I don't know much about what I'm doing and don't you think the only way to learn it's trying it?

Absolutely try but sometimes an attempt can break phone so u have to be carefull

xxKamikazexx

Nov 11, 2011
Arlington, Tx

I just wanted to let you know that I don't have the echo,and really don't have any issues to report.
I hope these idiots don't push you away,cause when it comes to stability and battery life your one of the best.

Yeah same here. They don't represent the mass users. You only hear from the very few that have problems and never from the ones that don't have issues, because let's face it... they don't have anything to report or complain about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

chrischoi

Dec 12, 2010
Mechanicsburg
chrismchoi.blogspot.com

+1!

Same here. I enjoy your work and appreciate everything you do.
I guess there will always be the idiots lingering in the air. :(

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
yea, we are unbelievable. god forbid anyone try flashing a theme made for a ucld2 rom which, correct me if i'm wrong, this rom is based off of. The dev can't test every tiny little thing so that leaves some stuff up to us. especially a BETA release. trial and error. And never once in the years that I've been here came back to complain about a "bug" that would or could be possibly caused by me not reading and following instructions. I don't post much because i actually do take the time to read and follow instructions and usually never have a problem unlike a lot of the people posting issues here that obviously can't or do not follow instructions. If i would have had an issue after flashing the theme, then it would have been my fault for not completely following the steps provided on the first page and instead of coming here whining about it. I would know what caused the issue and would go back and do it properly. It's common sense, which I know seems kind of rare around xda these days but some of us still have it. Since others were flashing this theme with no issues, why not give it a shot? And in the end, it's perfect.....for me anyway. :)

Ok I will say this one more time... The files in the ucld2 base are not the same as the ones in my rom. I know every knows more than I do but have modified a lot of files/framework in my rom package. If you can't understand that I decompile the apks make changes and build them again, well I am sorry for u. This ROM isn't the same as the ucld2 base, it's based off that, but I have modified te files. Why do I even bother since everyone else knows more than I do about what I have included in my rom package...

OldeCrow

Dec 7, 2010
Gresham
thanks bud

We all have to start somewhere,

I would recheck the basics if you can't get any rom to flash.

I would recheck your root/reflash recovery, (the touchless version that TDJ recomends) and reflash superuser and binary either from the cw flashable zip or update from the market.
I used the root method found here in the developement section not the one from general:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311194

In recovery fix permissions before you flash, make sure signature checking is disabled in recovery (I can't find it in my touch recovery so this option may only be in the factory recovery) fix permissions after you flash too.
Signature checking and fix permissions were the two things that stopped me the first time I flashed my SGS2 after coming from the Vibrant...

KiLaTeS

Aug 22, 2008
Absolutely try but sometimes an attempt can break phone so u have to be carefull

I know man, but I honestly can not get a noob answer, every thread has 999 pages and still can get a right answer to what I'm looking for... oh well... :/

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

We all have to start somewhere,

I would recheck the basics if you can't get any rom to flash.

I would recheck your root/reflash recovery, (the touchless version that TDJ recomends) and reflash superuser and binary either from the cw flashable zip or update from the market.
I used the root method found here in the developement section not the one from general:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311194

In recovery fix permissions before you flash, make sure signature checking is disabled in recovery (I can't find it in my touch recovery so this option may only be in the factory recovery) fix permissions after you flash too.
Signature checking and fix permissions were the two things that stopped me the first time I flashed my SGS2 after coming from the Vibrant...

thanks, I will save this so when I get back I can try this.
I apreciate

theghazi

Dec 10, 2009
Chicago
Screw the hater. I am happy to see the best ics rom. I thank the dev. Darkside rom is the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

`SBR`

Apr 5, 2010
NJ
Ok I will say this one more time... The files in the ucld2 base are not the same as the ones in my rom. I know every knows more than I do but have modified a lot of files/framework in my rom package. If you can't understand that I decompile the apks make changes and build them again, well I am sorry for u. This ROM isn't the same as the ucld2 base, it's based off that, but I have modified te files. Why do I even bother since everyone else knows more than I do about what I have included in my rom package...

Agree on this.. he had done coding changes in the systemUI.apk (don't know what it is).. flashing the theme will take away the tweaks he has..

TDJ, You're rom is running very smooth and no Fc's so far..
I have to uninstall the Rom manager and re-install to make the Fix permission working..

Here is my Mod based of TDJ's systemui.apk

changes:
1% Battery Mod
50% Transparent Statusbar
Center Clock

my density is 206, so it may be bit different for you flash it in 220 dpi

if any one interested, flash over the Rom

shot_000001.png

shot_000002.png

shot_000003.png

Download

If anybody knows how to make the statusbar background transparent let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

** PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS **

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> TWRP RECOVERY 2.2.0 <<<

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINOR* visual changes
    • UVLH1 4.0.4 Based ROM (TMO-T989 Official)
    • 3.0.8 Stock Kernel w/ Modified ramdisk << Waiting on source...
    • NO ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed "BLOAT"
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Scrolling Wallpaper support
    • Fixed Gallery3D to support scrolling or static wallpapers w/ TW Launcher
    • Customizable 15 toggle quick panel (Thanks to @lengendk95)
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled SIP Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • Enabled "Stay Awake" in Development Settings
    • SGS2 International shutdown/boot animation
    • Removed AM/PM from status bar
    • Updated Framework
    • Updated Statusbar
    • Samsung Keyboard, Swype, and ICS stock Keyboard
    • Fixed ADB
    • Enabled statubar brightness slider thingy
    • Removed Exchange security policy
    • BLN support

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • WIFI CALLING
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Known Issues:
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Scroll down to the >>> MODS <<< section and read the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE description...

Pro Tips:
    • Coming soon...

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 [8.29.2012] [v0][/B]

* "Pre-Release" 
    [/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 v0 <<<
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    [8.29.2012]

md5: a4e9c5e0dcd059867e490c44b1dc6003

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-42-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-09.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-01.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-13-04.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-22.jpg

:: TW Launcher 5x4x4 MOD ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-12-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-26-00.jpg

Kernel Source [FOUND HERE]
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Tmo UVLE1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 2d4f9b49780c2181c476e8c075ee41eb

>>> Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 25b9d39fd866c5fe86d547d730ba2da8

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

>>> Volume Wake <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

Here is where I stand after a lot of thought on all this.. I am a firm believer in pushing the community forward. Innovation, creativity, and originality are the keys into doing this. I am definetly not happy with the way people act around here, especially some of the new "devs". There is no sense in not helping the community when I am able. I know that I can deliver a solid ROM based off the stock Samsung firmware. It will continue along the line of minimal ui changes and focus more on ux. Updates will not be as rapid and before, but development will be consistent until I am happy with where the project ends up. I will be moving in 2 days, so I don't think I will have anything ready for another week or so. This is not an eta, just letting you know where I am at... let's do the damn thing and show them that there feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE!
    If anyone is still interested.. Expect an update with the new UVLH1 android 4.0.4. NO ETA..

Taking requests for things people would like to see.. will not guarantee I will implement everything suggested.. but open for ideas
    I will be releasing v2 BETA01 tonight. V2 rebases of the uvcl8 t989 base and gives us back all functionality. Base is stable and screaming fast. Plus I know a lot of people will be happy to get wifi calling back... no exact time, but sometime tonight for sure. Still a few things that I have to do.. but I know u guys will be more than happy with my progress. To note, everything works within the rom