Samsung galaxy s3 display??

Search This thread

SiggiJarl

Jan 21, 2012
I just hope it won't have the same amoled display problems that the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note have...

Gutana

Jun 9, 2011
Almost sure that it'll be 720 * 1280 Super amoled plus. Samsung'll obviously want their to be better than the nexus, and super amoled plus would accomplish that. In terms of screen, at least.

TSS888

Jun 13, 2010
How will the super amoled plus compare to the slcd 2

IT WILL BE BETTER!

Okok, some comparisons..
For one, Super Amoled Plus (SAP) will have true blacks since the pixels are completely turned off when displaying black, unlike LCDs which only display a (very) dark grey due to the backlight being constantly on.

SAP screens also have a wider viewing angle compared to the sLCD.

touness69

Jul 23, 2008
Lyon
I like my HTC screen better. I like white to be right.

It's much more impressive to have true blacks on a screen than "bright" whites lmao even my 5 year old Samsung D600 had bright whites and apart from injuring my eyes it does nothing to improve the user experience
Also it's much more harder to produce screens with True blaks than shiny whites. :cool:

sackynuts

Apr 13, 2010
Copenhagen
IT WILL BE BETTER!

Okok, some comparisons..
For one, Super Amoled Plus (SAP) will have true blacks since the pixels are completely turned off when displaying black, unlike LCDs which only display a (very) dark grey due to the backlight being constantly on.

SAP screens also have a wider viewing angle compared to the sLCD.

Not completely shut off. Try to show a black image in a dark room and you see some light from the screen

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk2

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
It's much more impressive to have true blacks on a screen than "bright" whites lmao even my 5 year old Samsung D600 had bright whites and apart from injuring my eyes it does nothing to improve the user experience
Also it's much more harder to produce screens with True blaks than shiny whites. :cool:

He didn't say bright white, he said right white. I guess me means a realistic white color that has correct temperature and not tinted. It can make a big difference for reading text when the background is white as well.

I personally think IPS display can produce some very accurate colors, usually more accurate than AMOLED. I still love AMOLED for its excellent black level, viewing angle and ability to view under direct sunlight, which is the main important thing. I am very impressed with the One X screen though.

Top Liked Posts