|KERNEL| DeviantKernel_07 || 3.0.65 ||OC-1944mhz|| *2|21

Search This thread

threshold350

Feb 23, 2011
My setting stick using built in ROM Toolbox on Wickedv6 192-1350 using smartassv2 and deadline. I did have an incident yesterday where I got a SIM card error, clicked OK on prompt, phone rebooted, and then phone started to get warm. Didn't occur to me to check CPU settings right away. Later saw that it was set to 900 and max after I noticed battery drain. Moved sliders back to desired settings, rebooted, and everything is all good again.

After fully recharging, I renamed qosmgr to qosmgr.bak and rebooted. Not sure if that will do anything, but I've heard it helped some people.

****Tappin' from the #centerofthemiddle****

tthaz777

Mar 12, 2012
There's a problem after installing DeviantKernel_07. SD card cannot be mounted.
I have to flash stock kernel and stock modules to fix it.

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
There's a problem after installing DeviantKernel_07. SD card cannot be mounted.
I have to flash stock kernel and stock modules to fix it.

I've flashed it over Ver6 with no issue. I'm running Darthstalker rom. After flashing I cleared both cache and dalvik cache, then performed fix permissions. After initial boot waited 10 minutes to settle in. Not sure if any of that matters, force of habit. So far so good.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

tthaz777

Mar 12, 2012
I've flashed it over Ver6 with no issue. I'm running Darthstalker rom. After flashing I cleared both cache and dalvik cache, then performed fix permissions. After initial boot waited 10 minutes to settle in. Not sure if any of that matters, force of habit. So far so good.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

I mean external sd card cannot be mounted.

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA
I didnt even notice there was a new version!

Sent from my Wicked fast SGS3!

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Just flashed v7..ni issues here. Sd fine, settings stick. Smooth as butter!

Sent from my Wicked fast SGS3!

Reactions: steely123

pp085ster

Sep 5, 2010
Santa Cruz
Google Pixel 7
I'm using Voltage Control Lite, once you've set your frequencies click on the menu button and select "save as boot settings" and select startup service. Also turn off all power saving settings in settings. After these changes the frequencies have stuck for me so hope that works for u too! :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

KeyboardHead

Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Only problem with this kernel now is the screen not turning off correctly at times. Besides that, still loving it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

chazel3

Dec 28, 2009
Loving this kernel on darthstalker. Any thoughts about making it tegrak compatible? Loved it on my sgs 4g. CPU+ voltage control in one place. Website says it supports sgs3, but assuming that is stock kernel only?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
Do you have any reason to recommend against using System Tuner Pro to work with this kernel? I ask because I have purchased it in the past already. I'd be using it along with Wicked v8.

Diekrupt

Apr 22, 2010
Also having a problem with max/min cpu reverting back to stock

PTMR3, I was running Jedi 3.5 I think it was with no problems whatsoever for months, loved it. I had a friend get a new S3 so I decided to run Jedi5 to make sure it was good but had quite a few issues with alot of force closes. I did a clean install format system no app restore just fresh market install. I was sad to see that there was no more dev for Jedi Invasion so I unfortunately switch over to another ROM but wanted to use your kernel here.

The problem I am having is the same that has been listed here quite frequently, the default/stock speeds appear to get reset randomly back to 1900max/1100min. I have used rom toolbox, systemtuner and now setcpu. The speeds stick for awhile even through reboots but randomly the speeds will get reset back to stock. I notice this because my phone starts getting very hot. I go check setcpu, the sliders are correct but the max/min readout is 1944. I just tap on 1512 and the numbers go back down. In systuner the sliders would change and romtool.

I see reading through the thread that some people don't have this issue, some do, all with different ROM's (Wicked, Darth, Hellfire). I'm currently trying Darth atm. I'm hoping you can think of any reason why this may happen and some tips for those of us who are experiencing this issue.

Update, same as well with jedi 5. Wish I could get you a TM GS3 to dev directly on but we all appreciate all your hard work for us.

Update 2, nm, nand back to jedi v2, works perfectly as it was.

Much thanks
DK

Last edited:

EpicPro

Sep 30, 2012
I using the sprint galaxy s3 , can i flash this ?? My custom rom have this kernel but it's have issue about rolation ????

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
Do you have any reason to recommend against using System Tuner Pro to work with this kernel? I ask because I have purchased it in the past already. I'd be using it along with Wicked v8.

I gotta say every time I tried to use System Tuner Pro with Wicked v8 and the Deviant kernel I got a spontaneous reboot.

I'm back on Wicked v7 and Xone DX so I can't do any further testing at the moment, but just wanted to put that out there.

Has anyone been using System Tuner Pro without issue?

Sent from my SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2 running Wicked w/ Xone DX

Reactions: steely123

AleHanSolo

Aug 18, 2012
LA
A small discovery(?)

This is an great kernel and I have no complaints (Running WICKEDv8 Deviant Kernel Ondemand OC 1944) :D

I used to have a minor issue though while running this kernel but I found a fix for it. I posted said fix in the Wicked thread but I was told to post here so here I am. I may leave out some information below so here is the original post. (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39150641&postcount=8642)

Just to reiterate: After much testing and reflashing (with full wipe) both the kernel and ROM, I concluded that at least on my phone, running this kernel combined with any kind of screen off profile (such as time of day/temp/in call/battery% or of course screen off) would cause the Android System to consume ridiculous amounts of power. I tried every governor and several CPU profile apps (SetCPU, RomToolbox –the one that was built into as a system app in Wickedv6&7, RomToolbox pro-user app) and the results were by and large the same. The CPU would not sleep despite having the screen off (less than 8hrs of battery life with a temperature average of 35C). I concluded that by disabling the screen off profiles the CPU would sleep as it should normally while the screen is off and in fact the overall performance of my phone increased (battery life averages about 24+hrs and the temp of the phone is an average 28C). I have noticed this property of the kernel since Wickedv6 and it is present in Wickedv8 which is currently sporting “3.0.65-DeviantKernel_07-g33a6ac3”, Wickedv6 was the first of the Wicked rom series to include the option of installing Deviant Kernel via Aroma

While I no longer have an issue since I disable all CPU profile apps. I am curious as to why perhaps this issue occurred. Is it a known property of the kernel? Or was it something on my end? (I’m willing to bet it has been a user error)

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: akapaul26

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
This is an great kernel and I have no complaints (Running WICKEDv8 Deviant Kernel Ondemand OC 1944) :D

I used to have a minor issue though while running this kernel but I found a fix for it. I posted said fix in the Wicked thread but I was told to post here so here I am. I may leave out some information below so here is the original post. (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39150641&postcount=8642)

Just to reiterate: After much testing and reflashing (with full wipe) both the kernel and ROM, I concluded that at least on my phone, running this kernel combined with any kind of screen off profile (such as time of day/temp/in call/battery% or of course screen off) would cause the Android System to consume ridiculous amounts of power. I tried every governor and several CPU profile apps (SetCPU, RomToolbox –the one that was built into as a system app in Wickedv6&7, RomToolbox pro-user app) and the results were by and large the same. The CPU would not sleep despite having the screen off (less than 8hrs of battery life with a temperature average of 35C). I concluded that by disabling the screen off profiles the CPU would sleep as it should normally while the screen is off and in fact the overall performance of my phone increased (battery life averages about 24+hrs and the temp of the phone is an average 28C). I have noticed this property of the kernel since Wickedv6 and it is present in Wickedv8 which is currently sporting “3.0.65-DeviantKernel_07-g33a6ac3”, Wickedv6 was the first of the Wicked rom series to include the option of installing Deviant Kernel via Aroma

While I no longer have an issue since I disable all CPU profile apps. I am curious as to why perhaps this issue occurred. Is it a known property of the kernel? Or was it something on my end? (I’m willing to bet it has been a user error)

Thanks for your time.

I don't have any profiles that I activated is there one that comes with this kernel because I have the sleep problem?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    warrior-Copy_zpsf4ecd29c.png

DeviantKernel
    This Kernel Is Compatible with all TW/Samsung based JB ROMS for this device--- (Not AOSP)​

READ, READ, READ before downloading, flashing, or posting questions

Not all phones are created equal meaning some phones will not handle Overclocking or Undervolting as well as others.

Features
    Code:
    Updated Linux Kernel Version 3.0.63
    Built with Linaro 4.7
    OC - 1944Mhz
    UV
    GPU
    Added Govs
    -Lulzactive
    -SmartassV2
    -Pegasusq
    -Abyssplug
    -Lagfree
    -Virtuous
    Added Sched
    -Zen
    -Sio
    -Row
    Module.c edit to begin Exfat support (in the works)
    Deadline sheduler edits
    Sched Compute time optimization
    Advanced Power Emulation
    Boot Animation Support

Github

In my GITHUB you can find my sources and code changes

Credits
    Samsung for Official Source Code
    Gregkh
    Gokhanmoral
    imoseyon
    Faux123
    Ktoonsez
    task650
    showp1984

Instructions
    TWRP Recovery HIGHLY Recommended!

-Download Kernel
    -Nandroid
    -Flash Kernel
    -Boot system and DO NOT TOUCH FOR 2-3 MIN

Changelog
    Code:
    2|21--
    Linux 3.0.65!

2|15--
    Linux 3.0.63!

2|12--
    Update to Linux Version 3.0.62
    mpdecision Overhaul (showp1984)
    Edits to sched.c
    OC Freq Edits!
    - No more issue with sticking/ settings not sticking
    - Lowered Max OC but with better performance than 1988
    Better Battery Managment
    More responsive
    Lower Temp 

2|1--
    Remove Gentle_fair_sleepers (Better Performance)
    Optimizations to Interactive
    Revert Edits to Core behavior 

2|1--
    Linux 3.0.61
    Added
    -Abyssplug
    -Lagfree
    -Virtuous
    Total Interactive Overhaul
    Conservative Edit
    SmartassV2 Edit for better battery
    Charge Current Interface && Default Charge Current Increased

1|28--
    Added 192 as Min Freq
    Upped OC to 1988
    Voltage Edits
    -Complete Pegasusq Overhaul
    Added Schedulers
    -Zen
    -Sio
    -Row

1|25--
    Initial Release

HTML:
    Note To Donators!

Every donation is more than appreciated! To show my appreciation for my
     supporters, I will now begin listing every Donator in the OP as a special
     thank you. 

THANK YOU

Special Thanks To The Following Supporters Of This Kernel

*Akapaul26
    * Steely123

Downloads
    My Recommended Settings: Pegasusq Gov & Either Zen or CFQ Scheduler

DeviantKernel_07-- Download

DeviantKernel_06-- Download

DeviantKernel_05.1-- Download

DeviantKernel_04.2 -- Download

DeviantKernel_03.4 -- Download

DeviantKernel_02.11 -- Download/URL]

DeviantKernel_01.13-- [URL="http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658471118"]Download

Read About Some Different Governors HERE
    If you dont find one you are looking for there, Google is a GREAT tool :)
    Re: |KERNEL| DeviantKernel_02.1 ||3.0.60|| OC-1988mhz || 1|28

Updated Kernel

Go Get it!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Re: |KERNEL| DeviantKernel ||3.0.60|| 1|25

Voltage will be addressed guys by you also have to realize that undervolting is actually bad for your system. Certain frequencies need a certain voltage to actually function efficiently. At a certain point all you are doing reducing performance and making your processor struggle to full fill tasks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app