[Q] ZTE Unico (Z930L) root

Search This thread

orientis

Mar 20, 2014
Hey folks. XDA noob here. I searched high and low on here for an answer to my question and couldn't find anything, so if this winds up being a repost, I apologize.
I recently bought a ZTE Unico LTE(Z930L) through Straight Talk a few days ago and I'm really happy with it. I'd like to get it rooted though, mainly so I can get rid of all the useless bloat. I can't find anything at all regarding a process of rooting this mother. I've found methods of rooting other ZTE phones (Blade, Open, etc.) but I'm not sure if any of those methods would work for the Unico, and I'd rather know for sure before I go messing around with it.
If anybody could help me out or at least point me in the right direction, I'll promise my first born child in exchange. :D
Thanks in advance!

sarlash

Mar 21, 2014
New zte unico lte z930l comes with hack certificates pre installed +more

I feel you. Except I messed with my unico to no extent even returning one to walmart after tinkering too much. Here are my findings . I happened to get the z930l around launch. Since then I have try every known root method to no success. This phone comes with a locked file system that I never seen wow. Nothing I could do to get mount privilege for the inside . This phone comes pre installed with hundreds of certificates many expired japanese /Chinese hack certificates. Delete all cert with I blank common name. Disable lots of stock ap especially messaging. Then get go sms . Stock message ap has to easy access to changeable service center. Phone uses sure att towers. All phone have different service center number from phone number. If your setting get changed and you don't write or memorize service center number you screwed. Revert te default settings did not fix this. Calling straight talk and on phone with 5 agents for 5 hours did not fix this. IF YOU MESS WITH SERVICE CENTER NUMBER THEN WRITE IT DOWN OR YOU GET PERMANENT SMS DISABLE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. I was lucky to be in walmart 14 day return. Only thing I like about the harder than necessary locked file system is cops can't install spyware easy at all. Just trust me. If you want a blazing fast always on 4g experience with all but networks then this phone for you. If you want root or privacy on this new coeus board then move along. Trust me.

iamchrist666

Jul 24, 2014
Youngstown
I just got the ZTE Unico lte (Z930L). I just learned that the phone is the same as the Z998. Has anyone tried to use the root for that phone. I am really interested in trying it but really don't feel like doing it and bricking my phone but really hope someone has tried it so I can check that off the list of things to try.

yodafurball

Aug 25, 2014
I have tried the method for the mustang the problem lies in fastboot. there doesn't seem to be one. i can't even get it into recovery mode. the abd command just reboots it

i would love to root this phone there are alot of apps id like to get rid of and some id like to have different versions of.

Reactions: Walmart2054

tjcater

Nov 11, 2014
Haven't had much luck so I'm posting on their forums for help
"mobilego . wondershare . com/forum/topic/160-zte-z930l-connection-problems/"
Also the link in the video goes to a different version than what was shown but "mobilego . wondershare . com/reference.html" has that version.
I hope this helps and if you get it to work please show how you get there.
(put spaces in url since i'm a new user.)

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Will it help if we disable all of the trusted credentials or will that brick it? Fills like a hundred of them with a lot of them being stuff that seems a little shady being there

Last edited:

betzj911

Mar 29, 2014
Finally found root for zte z930l!!!

Hey folks. XDA noob here. I searched high and low on here for an answer to my question and couldn't find anything, so if this winds up being a repost, I apologize.
I recently bought a ZTE Unico LTE(Z930L) through Straight Talk a few days ago and I'm really happy with it. I'd like to get it rooted though, mainly so I can get rid of all the useless bloat. I can't find anything at all regarding a process of rooting this mother. I've found methods of rooting other ZTE phones (Blade, Open, etc.) but I'm not sure if any of those methods would work for the Unico, and I'd rather know for sure before I go messing around with it.
If anybody could help me out or at least point me in the right direction, I'll promise my first born child in exchange. :D
Thanks in advance!

I figured since it was locked out more than likely by the Chinese, i went to them for answers. I used kingroot 3.5.0, downloaded free and worked flawlessly! Took it a few minutes but to my suprise and enjoyment it worked. I installed root check and it verified! Supersu wouldn't install correctly so i used superuser.

Reactions: tjcater

tjcater

Nov 11, 2014
I figured since it was locked out more than likely by the Chinese, i went to them for answers. I used kingroot 3.5.0, downloaded free and worked flawlessly! Took it a few minutes but to my suprise and enjoyment it worked. I installed root check and it verified! Supersu wouldn't install correctly so i used superuser.
Seems to work now the question is if there is a rom for the device.

Bigboibulldozer

Dec 5, 2015
I have a ZTE z930 for strait talk I have a activated SIM card for strait talk we talked with cust care and they said the phone is clean and activation ready well when I insert the SIM I still can't get no sort of service or anything saying its working I'm currently on the same SIM I'm trying in the ZTE so I know that a SIM isn't the issue the phone isn't the SIM section is not damaged so why am I seeing a small pic of a SIM card in where my network bars go with a exclamation point after it like its a SIM issue but I'm unable too access mobile network settings and I'm curious if it maybe needs software update from the jelly bean it currently Has or if I need too hard reset it please let me know

jomi1311

Dec 4, 2015
zte z990l unico root issue

Well I got my ZTE unico rooted but it loses route as soon as I take the charger cord out yes i said charge only root Successfully when on chargeAnd I used kingroot 3.5.0 Any newer versions don't work Any solutions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tried the method for the mustang the problem lies in fastboot. there doesn't seem to be one. i can't even get it into recovery mode. the abd command just reboots it

i would love to root this phone there are alot of apps id like to get rid of and some id like to have different versions of.
    Finally found root for zte z930l!!!

Thanks in advance!