Need help reviving my One

Search This thread

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
I'm in a pickle and I hope someone will be kind enough to try to help me.

I can get into HBOOT and TWRP recovery OK. I don't have a ROM on the phone to flash. I have one Nandroid but it fails (not enough space).

I have Minimal ADB and Fastboot (version 1.0.31) on my Windows 7 Pro machine. I can get fastboot to recognize my device, but not ADB.

How can I get a ROM .zip into the phone?

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I'm in a pickle and I hope someone will be kind enough to try to help me.

I can get into HBOOT and TWRP recovery OK. I don't have a ROM on the phone to flash. I have one Nandroid but it fails (not enough space).

I have Minimal ADB and Fastboot (version 1.0.31) on my Windows 7 Pro machine. I can get fastboot to recognize my device, but not ADB.

How can I get a ROM .zip into the phone?

You can flash my NuSenseSIX rom like you would the firmware in the stock thread.
I included an android-info.txt file, so it will actually flash like firmware or an RUU would.
So I would say try that.

fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
fastboot flash zip NuSenseSIX-KitKat_m7vzw_RC5.0_041114.zip

You can rename the file if you want for ease or just copy and paste the above.

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
Thanks, Santod. I had Hawknest's build on the phone, which kept failing during the data restore. So in desperation, I tried a restore minus the data partition. That did the trick. I still need to figure out why ADB isn't working. It was working fine last time I needed it .

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
Santod: Well, I am a first-class idiot. My phone was fine, running EclipticSix. But I just had to try flashing the NuSense ROM in RUU mode.

Didn't work. Or I have screwed it up. In any case, I'm back where I started, only now I don't have a nandroid on the phone, or anything else, for that matter.

I followed the usual pattern for flashing NuSense:

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot

All I get is the HTC splash screen. When I go back into recovery, it tells me there is no OS installed.

I'm in the process of downloading the decrypted 2.10.605.1 RUU posted in your stock thread.
I have the same RUU with encryption also. The phone is S-Off but no superCID. Can I flash the encrypted RUU or should I wait for the decrypted one to download?

Sorry to keep bugging you; I know you have bigger fish to fry. But thanks in advance for any advice.

EDIT: Back in business. I flashed the decrypted RUU and she is up and running. Whew.

Last edited: