[Q] S5 ROMS 'wifi saved, secured' bug

Search This thread

smiley118118

Nov 26, 2012
hey guys,

so recently i decided to flash one of the many S5 ROMs that are now available to the s3, after wiping my phone i found that the wifi would not connect, i'd put the password in then it would just say "saved, secured".. ive downloaded several similar ROMs since then only to run into the same problem every time.. all the other features work fine its just the wifi, which is quiet essential..

i live in new zealand and have an i9300T..

thanks to anyone who can help me out as i really like the S5 software!

John8472

Jun 8, 2011
Almere
Go to data folder of your device by using any root explorer and create a file name it .cid.info enter in that file and edit and type murata in it.
Change permissions to rw-rw-r and reboot.

Press thanx if i helped you in anyway...

WOW, read so many posts about this problem, was about to go back to non kit kat roms, until I found this gem of a post! Fixed my problem.
Thank you so much.

andjeomilosrdja

Jul 26, 2014
Novi Sad
WOW, read so many posts about this problem, was about to go back to non kit kat roms, until I found this gem of a post! Fixed my problem.
Thank you so much.

If you read carefully about every s5 based rom,you will see a wifi problem mentioned and a flashable zip provided. All you need is read;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

John8472

Jun 8, 2011
Almere
If you read carefully about every s5 based rom,you will see a wifi problem mentioned and a flashable zip provided. All you need is read;)

Read it all and non of the so called wifi fixes worked. I flashed like 3 wifi-fix files nothing helped. This is the only post that worked. So if YOU read carefully my post, you will see that i read so many posts ;), all you need is read :laugh:

seba-base

Mar 6, 2011
Maribor
I have this same 'Saved, Secured' problem on OmniROM... my .cid.info file already contains the word murata ... what do I do?

same for me on QS-i9300-KK-v2.5 ROM...
- I flash wifix.zip file - NO wifi
- download wifix manager, install, set to EU - NO wifi
- delete .cid.info file, create again that file, nothing happend, still no connection on any wifi

I don't know what else can I do

andjeomilosrdja

Jul 26, 2014
Novi Sad
Reactions: seba-base

seba-base

Mar 6, 2011
Maribor
Thanks for quick response, but still nothing :( saved, secured, full signal but can not to connect. I tried to configure router, tried friends router, city public wifi, but without success

andjeomilosrdja

Jul 26, 2014
Novi Sad
Thanks for quick response, but still nothing :( saved, secured, full signal but can not to connect. I tried to configure router, tried friends router, city public wifi, but without success

Did you flash wifi fix right after flashing rom? Some people said that the wifi worked without applying the fix.

seba-base

Mar 6, 2011
Maribor
On this rom I came from miui v5 kk rom too where wifi works great. First I installed this QS-i9300-KK rom without wifi-fix, on the first start wifi didn't work, so I flashed wifi-fix.zip and wifi still didn' work. Then I downloaded wifix without any sussess, then I clean installed rom again and after instalation flashed wifi-fix.zip still no success and so on and on... I don't know what else should I do

andjeomilosrdja

Jul 26, 2014
Novi Sad
On this rom I came from miui v5 kk rom too where wifi works great. First I installed this QS-i9300-KK rom without wifi-fix, on the first start wifi didn't work, so I flashed wifi-fix.zip and wifi still didn' work. Then I downloaded wifix without any sussess, then I clean installed rom again and after instalation flashed wifi-fix.zip still no success and so on and on... I don't know what else should I do

Which version? 2.4 or 2.5?

seba-base

Mar 6, 2011
Maribor
This rom is v2.5, do you think I should try install older version first and then latest? I think my phone and s5 roms are not meant to be together :rolleyes:

andjeomilosrdja

Jul 26, 2014
Novi Sad
This rom is v2.5, do you think I should try install older version first and then latest? I think my phone and s5 roms are not meant to be together :rolleyes:

Wifi fix worked fine for me on 2.4. I did't install 2.5. Maybe try reflash without wipe and choose Agni kernel? Or maybe you are right,it's not meant to be:D

Reactions: seba-base

seba-base

Mar 6, 2011
Maribor
Wifi fix worked fine for me on 2.4. I did't install 2.5. Maybe try reflash without wipe and choose Agni kernel? Or maybe you are right,it's not meant to be:D

HAHA OK SOLVED!!!

Clean installed v2.4 without wifi-fix and strange wifi works :D then installed v2.5 without full wipe and look it works fine :D such a small step and it changes everything :laugh:

thanks @andjeomilosrdja pozdrav u Novi Sad :)

Reactions: andjeomilosrdja

aseemjain37

Oct 6, 2014
s5 wifi save secure problem

hey
i am using s5 and have wifi save secure problem. whenever i try to connect to wifi it shows save secure. I am new to android. ;ooking for if someody can help

Top Liked Posts