[Q] Verizon S5 not working with T-Mobile SIM

Search This thread

jtd930

Aug 31, 2014
from my understanding, Verizon Galaxy s5 comes factory unlocked as well as all other verizon LTE phones, although, my t mobile SIM is not working for the phone, i cannot contact verizon as it is on the blacklist for them, i tested with AT&T SIM and the phone does work for GSM so why doesnt it work for my t mobile sim? is it a faulty SIM? i have contacted samsung and t mobile about this and they were no help

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
from my understanding, Verizon Galaxy s5 comes factory unlocked as well as all other verizon LTE phones, although, my t mobile SIM is not working for the phone, i cannot contact verizon as it is on the blacklist for them, i tested with AT&T SIM and the phone does work for GSM so why doesnt it work for my t mobile sim? is it a faulty SIM? i have contacted samsung and t mobile about this and they were no help

There's now a IMEI blacklist that of the major U.S. carriers all share (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, as well as some regional carriers). That means blacklisted Verizon phones may not work on T-Mobile or AT&T (in the past, it only meant they wouldn't work on Verizon). Perhaps AT&T hasn't updated their system with the most recent info to include the phone you have while T-Mobile has.

There's always a chance that it's something else, but I have no problems with my S5 (which isn't blacklisted anywhere) on T-Mobile's network with an active T-Mobile SIM.

colorsharpkid

Dec 23, 2007

turn off phone insert tmobile sim

press and hold vol UP + home button+ pwr when you see blue recovery text in corner let go of pwr

while in recovery menu choose erase system reset then choose erase cache and then choose reboot

upon startup ignore welcome msgs and setup ?'s skip skip skip skip till your at the home screen

now go to settings and more networks then mobile networks and choose where it says lte/utms and choose the option GLOBAL

wait a few mins 1-3 mins for signal once u get signal go back to more networks choose apn hit + and add the apn name tmobile and apn
Name: T-Mobile US LTE
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set> OR Internet+MMS
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APN's>
Bearer: Unspecified
Tap the Menu key.
Tap Save.
Tap the desired APN profile you want to use.
The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.

reboot make sure ur still set to global mode and wait

if nothing happens you may have a broken simslot or your simcard is junky try other simcard before you make this a solid idea tho