[Q] MiniCM7 without nAa?

Search This thread

Paddy3103

Mar 3, 2012
Hi,

I want to put the MiniCM7-2.1.9 on my X10 Mini Pro. At the moment I have Froyobread v023f installed
Baseband: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015
Kernel: 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
Do I HAVE to flash a new kernel (nAa)?
Where can I see that my Bootloader is unlocked?

Greets

Last edited:

Ticklefish

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
You do need that kernel, the rom won't work without it.
Have a look in the Development section for SE Tweaker, that'll tell you if your phone is unlocked.

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

ubi4e

Jul 25, 2010
como lake
If you never installed a custom kernel, your bootloader is locked so you need to unlock it before installing the kernel.
Latest MiniCM versions (from 2.1.0) need nAa's custom kernel to work so you have to install it or install a previous release of the ROM (I'd suggest 2.0.5)

demoniacs

Dec 14, 2011
Mandaluyong City
is it possible to flash the kernel after the rom? because I just did, and I got Sony Ericsson logo in screen.. can't install the kernel or go into recovery..

no you can and your doomed. :D

just joking. remember before installing a rom if the requirements says use this kernel then you should flash the kernel because it is required right? try going back to stock using pc companion or seus

Noobonic

Apr 22, 2012
Hi,

I want to put the MiniCM7-2.1.9 on my X10 Mini Pro. At the moment I have Froyobread v023f installed
Baseband: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015
Kernel: 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
Do I HAVE to flash a new kernel (nAa)?
Where can I see that my Bootloader is unlocked?

Greets

As far as I know, MiniCM7 works only with his nAa kernel, so your bootloader has to be unlocked. MiniCM Pro by paul-xxx uses stock kernel or custom kernels (nAa kernel with that rom will give a wifi error).

To check if you bootloader is unlocked. Use S1Tool and check the loader version. If it's a lower cased 'r' then it's unlocked, if not there are many tutorials around here to help you unlock your bootloader. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mashun99

Mar 9, 2012
Bangalore
@Paddy3103

Go to the official page (link below)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1415026

It's got all the details that you'll need just make sure that you read every single line thoroughly.

If you make any mistakes than you can use sony ericsson update service to reset it back to the stock SE rom.

Btw I recommend that you use the flash tool to unlock bootloader and to check if its unlocked as Noobonic said use the SE1Tool.

For me I'd say that MiniCM7 is the best custom rom that exists right now but since we have to flash the nAa kernel it seems kind of risky at first but if you understand the steps and follow it properly than there's not much to worry about.
The other ROM's are also quite good but the MiniCM7 is the best and most stable custom ROM.