ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image v1.6 3/8/2010

Search This thread

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007
Hi everyone, I've written a brand spanking new recovery with a Android application front end!

To install my ROM Manager and recovery, simply download ROM Manager from the Market!

ROM Manager:
screenshot1268046508600-20100308-031048.jpg

ClockworkMod Recovery:
main.png
directory.png

ClockworkMod Recovery is based off the eclair recovery image. Features include Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options (ignore asserts and signature checks), and file browser for choosing update.zips (you can now organize your stuff by directory).

Bug fixes.
File list now scrolls in recovery.
Added hooks for ROM Manager.

Initial public release.

For a manual installation of the recovery, you can download it from my website:
http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html

Last edited:

turtlesmank4

Oct 17, 2009
Here's a new open source recovery image for those that are interested.

It is based off the eclair recovery image. Features include Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options (ignore asserts and signature checks), and file browser for choosing update.zips (you can now organize your stuff by directory).

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html

okk im flashing noww.................................flashed it................ bootin into recovery........pressed alt l to show text(u should mention dat in the post)
try to edit it to make it press a button before confirming operation like wen prefroming back up make it press home to continue operation or something like dat otherwise then dat im im pressed n addd go into console dats major for some ppl

tehseano

Jan 23, 2009
okk im flashing noww.................................flashed it................ bootin into recovery........pressed alt l to show text(u should mention dat in the post)
try to edit it to make it press a button before confirming operation like wen prefroming back up make it press home to continue operation or something like dat otherwise then dat im im pressed n addd go into console dats major for some ppl

wow, is it really that hard to just fully spell words? you sound like an idiot, plus its just hard reading that sorry excuse for dialog.

anyways, flashing now.

Macrophage001

Jan 17, 2010

what....the.....F***?!?!? lmao excuse the language but damn dude O_O

edited for language by ivanmmj

Last edited by a moderator:

chillbeast

Apr 4, 2008

Kids, don't be a fool, stay in school.

TRANSLATION -

"Ok, I'm flashing it now... Flashed it... Booting into recovery... Pressed ALT+L to show the menu (I really think you should mention that the user needs to do this in your OP).

Also it would be nice if I had to press a button to confirm an operation before it actually executes, like how on most recovery images you have to press HOME to confirm a wipe, etc.
Other than that, I'm impressed and I was able to go into console. That's major for some people."

:p :p :p

Last edited:

Christopher3712

Oct 2, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
kids, don't be a fool, stay in school.

translation -

"ok, i'm flashing it now... Flashed it... Booting into recovery... Pressed alt+l to show the menu (i really think you should mention that the user needs to do this in your op).

Also it would be nice if i had to press a button to confirm an operation before it actually executes, like how on most recovery images you have to press home to confirm a wipe, etc.
Other than that, i'm impressed and i was able to go into console. That's major for some people."

:p :p :p

rofl greatness.

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
wow, is it really that hard to just fully spell words? you sound like an idiot, plus its just hard reading that sorry excuse for dialog.

anyways, flashing now.

Is it really too difficult to completely spell words?
Your typing comes across as being that of an illiterate, honestly I found it a little difficult to understand, did you mean dialogue?

tehseano

Jan 23, 2009
Your typing comes across as being that of an illiterate, honestly I found it a little difficult to understand, did you mean dialogue?

I'm typing from a phone, and didn't realize I misspelled a single word, I'm so sorry that my typing was at least readable, an not spelld lik dis er dattt, nn just addnn xtruh lettrzz 2 ma wurdz.

Edit: sorry for flooding your post, Koush. Great work!

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
on a serious note,
I have been thinking of making a minor tweak to ra-1.5.2 recovery
I noticed that . files don't get wiped from ext{2,3,4} but do get backed up
so my tweak would be to exclude files with the leading .

this way you could sym link /system/etc/hosts to /system/sd/.hosts and not clobber it when doing a nand restore.

no big deal but handy

PS , I was using /system/sd/.ubuntu as a chroot dir , but backups were taking longer and I was just tar -deteting .ubuntu from them after to 1/ save space 2/ not clobber :)

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
Thanks ivan, remember our dashes and wings? Good times. Anyway, would it be better to have this recovery if you are running a 2.1 eclair ROM? What would be the pros over say AR 1.5.2? And would it work for a MT3G or just the G1? Just wondering. Thanks all you devs for making our phones awesome. :)

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009

I'm typing from a phone, and didn't realize I misspelled a single word, I'm so sorry that my typing was at least readable, an not spelld lik dis er dattt, nn just addnn xtruh lettrzz 2 ma wurdz.

:)
used to hate it myself, but these days I don't mind it all that much, its kinda like an accent in type.

btw I didn't want to be taken to seriously or offend, just my twisted sense of humour

tehseano

Jan 23, 2009
:)
used to hate it myself, but these days I don't mind it all that much, its kinda like an accent in type.

btw I didn't want to be taken to seriously or offend, just my twisted sense of humour

It's all gravy, it's just hard to make a note of sarcasm on the internet, where there is a lacking of proper punctuation at times, or a lack of "lol"'s and smiley faces.

Anyways it's all cool, brother.

Koush, however, I would like to make a suggestion. Something that has always bothered me about recovery images, is that the file list when you flash an update isn't in alphabetical order, nor is the file browser (which I absolutely love by the way, this is something I've been dieing to see in a recovery image). Anyways it's hard to browse around when everything is out of order. In my case, I've got 20-30 folders on my SD card, and with them placed in no specific order, it's just a pain maneuvering throughout it.

Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚

Jul 3, 2009
www.last.fm

oh-snap-chart-.jpg

RichieDaze

Jan 18, 2009
New York City
@ Koush
It's good to see your still working hard on android.
As always, top notch!
You should post more of your work on here...

To bad I downloaded it yesterday. LOL...

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
Is this now the latest and greatest recovery? Will it unseat Amon_RA's as the most popular? How does it compare feature-wise? (hmm lots of questions there, sorry)

Joe333x

Oct 6, 2009
Can I flash unsigned roms now?

I hope so that would be pretty cool. It would make it a lot easier to edit roms and just flash them instead of having to sign them. I still dont understand why the only drag and drop signing program that someone made is for Mac.

Is this now the latest and greatest recovery? Will it unseat Amon_RA's as the most popular? How does it compare feature-wise? (hmm lots of questions there, sorry)
I wouldnt go that far considering RA's still has ALOT more options than this recovery does at the moment.