[Guide][P600 Only] - Guide to return to stock with links to files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blinkingled

Mar 7, 2011
This doesn't work for downgrading from CND2 - fails with SW REV. CHECK FAIL DEVICE: 3, BINARY:2. I was hoping to fix my ChromeCast issues with CND2 by downgrading.

Reactions: iTelegraph

iTelegraph

Nov 6, 2011
San Francisco area
1. As far as anyone knows, Knox cannot be untripped.

2. If you Odin a FACTORY IMAGE it WILL NOT trip Knox. Only custom roms/rooting trips AFAIK.

3. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tried, but I think I've seen discussions where the bootloader wasn't changed so you could go back. Again, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe we could get clarification from someone who tried.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the clarifications. I guess using Odin isn't quite like flashing the BIOS on a PC, where you can flash any version, forward or back.

jherring002

Nov 7, 2013
Thanks so much for the clarifications. I guess using Odin isn't quite like flashing the BIOS on a PC, where you can flash any version, forward or back.

Nope. not that easy sometimes.

Galaxy nexus are super easy to go back n forth, but Samsung does something to thwart that. Thats the way I understand it anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

iTelegraph

Nov 6, 2011
San Francisco area

2. If you Odin a FACTORY IMAGE it WILL NOT trip Knox. Only custom roms/rooting trips AFAIK.

3. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tried, but I think I've seen discussions where the bootloader wasn't changed so you could go back. Again, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe we could get clarification from someone who tried.

This doesn't work for downgrading from CND2 - fails with SW REV. CHECK FAIL DEVICE: 3, BINARY:2. I was hoping to fix my ChromeCast issues with CND2 by downgrading.

Thank you ... you've saved me a lot of grief. I was thinking of trying CND2 and returning to BMK1 if I didn't like it.

:confused: Frankly, I'm really confused as to why it is ok to downgrade from a custom ROM, but not from a different factory ROM. Maybe once knox is tripped, the system no longer cares what you do?;)

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
Custom Roms didnt flash bootloader. If you flash newer bootloaders, you can only go back to fws with the excact same bootloader, otherwise it failes in Odin.

Thats not totally correct. Some failed flash updates via Kies trips knox too. Ive read about some devices.

jherring002

Nov 7, 2013
Thats not totally correct. Some failed flash updates via Kies trips knox too. Ive read about some devices.

I haven't seen this. But I could see how that would happen. So just make sure you do it right? That would be the solution then? I'm not sure, I've never had a failed Odin unless I screwed something up

elzeus

Jun 4, 2012
So theres no way to downgrade to 4.3 after going to the official 4.4.2? I'm getting nasty lines on screen sometimes while playing video.

iTelegraph

Nov 6, 2011
San Francisco area
Custom Roms didnt flash bootloader. If you flash newer bootloaders, you can only go back to fws with the excact same bootloader, otherwise it failes in Odin.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm new to Android, so I apologize if my next question just shows my ignorance:eek: but since there are people who need to back up from KitKat...

Would it be feasible for a dev to create a version of BMK1 that used the bootloader for CND2?

DirtDigler

Sep 17, 2012
Here's how I fixed the "SW Rev. Check Fail. Device:3, Binary:2" issue. I was trying to take my device back to stock root.

I had to find the post KitKat tar file (which I did on the forum here) and flash that, it would not let me go back and use the file in this thread because I had already did an OTA update so you can't go backwards, at least I couldn't. I'll try to dig up the file I used and post it here.

Last edited:

luis_juelipe

Sep 5, 2012
lima peru
question

I created a spot on my website for the stock Odin Tar's that I use for the P600.

I posted the US / XAR Region Stock Odin. I also posted the ML1 Asian base I used as well.

As I gather newer ones I will put them up and updated this thread.

Although this guide is written for the p600 it would, in theory work on any P60x device so long as you have the proper Odin files!

Note: This will not "untrip knox"!!!!!!!!

Here is the download page on my site:

Stock Odin Tar Files

Enjoy!​

U mean, returning to stock after installing a custom rom, right?
In the firmware file (tar) is included all the native programs of the p600?

I ask this cuz I rooted my note when it was on 4,3
the I unrooted it to upgrade it to kitkat
and now I have a very small battery life (even after doing a factory reset)
So i was planing of installing a custom rom to erase all data and then reinstall 4.3 by odin with the method u shared here.

do u think i could make it?

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Here's how I fixed the "SW Rev. Check Fail. Device:3, Binary:2" issue. I was trying to take my device back to stock root.

I had to find the post KitKat tar file (which I did on the forum here) and flash that, it would not let me go back and use the file in this thread because I had already did an OTA update so you can't go backwards, at least I couldn't. I'll try to dig up the file I used and post it here.

So U were able to downgrade the tablet?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

Return to stock means if you on stock 4.3 and use custom rom for 4.3 you could return to stock 4.3, same goes for 4.4, but once you on stock 4.4 and running 4.4 custom rom you can't return to stock 4.3, you can only go back to stock 4.4. The issue here is once you upgraded stock 4.3 to stock 4.4, your bootloader is upgraded which prevent you from going back to earlier version. It's not possible to go back so don't even try it you will brick your device.

waywardfrantz

Jan 27, 2012
download link broken

The download doesnt work at goo.im but theres just an extra / delete it and its fine

notiones

Feb 14, 2012
Boondocks, KS
So, where can I find a flashable odin file for 4.4? It seems all I've been able to find is MK1.

I tried flashing the original, but I guess I upgraded to 4.4 somewhere in the past and now get the binary error when I try to flash the file in the OP.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
So, where can I find a flashable odin file for 4.4? It seems all I've been able to find is MK1.

I tried flashing the original, but I guess I upgraded to 4.4 somewhere in the past and now get the binary error when I try to flash the file in the OP.

You can find the latest roms here: http://live.samsung-updates.com/
And select P600, or see the link in my Signature for my thread, that has mirrors for firmware and more, the latest is CNK2 :good:

notiones

Feb 14, 2012
Boondocks, KS
Thanks, sl22. I live out in the boondocks, with terrible internet service, and have struggled for days to download a new image without success. The only success I found was from the mega link in the post you referenced. Thanks a ton. I'll send a donation your way.

Reactions: 22sl22

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Thanks, sl22. I live out in the boondocks, with terrible internet service, and have struggled for days to download a new image without success. The only success I found was from the mega link in the post you referenced. Thanks a ton. I'll send a donation your way.

I'm glad that I could help you out, and thank you so much for the generous donation, I didnt expect such a contribution :) :) :good:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: notiones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created a spot on my website for the stock Odin Tar's that I use for the P600.

I posted the US / XAR Region Stock Odin. I also posted the ML1 Asian base I used as well.

As I gather newer ones I will put them up and updated this thread.

Although this guide is written for the p600 it would, in theory work on any P60x device so long as you have the proper Odin files!

Note: This will not "untrip knox"!!!!!!!!

Here is the download page on my site:

MOD EDIT: Link removed as domain has expired. Thread closed until new links can be installed

Enjoy!​
    How to Return to stock

This mini guide assumes the following...

You were able to root and or install a custom recovery or ROM therefore the drivers are installed on your PC for the tablet. So here we go...

1. Download Odin from the links in the OP
    2. Extract the the .md5 file from the zip file you downloaded above.
    3. Boot tablet into "Download" mode. You can do this by holding Power and Volume - (down) when the device is shut off. I note on this device it can be a little trickier so you may have to try a couple times. You should now see this on your tablet
      download1.jpg
      download2.jpg
    4. Connect Tablet to PC using known good USB Cable
    5. Start Odin and Press the "AP" button to load the tar.md5 file. This may take a minute as it is also calculating the MD5 to ensure you have a good file. A bad file means bad issues and it wont let you flash it (good fail safe).
    6. Once Odin sees the Tar and loads it completely AND Odin sees the tablet press the Start button to begin. Can takes about 5 to 10 minutes so be patient. Do NOT check or uncheck mark ANY other Options in Odin unless you know what you are doing!
      odin%203.png
    7. Once it complete you will have a factory image on your tablet. Yay!
    8. But we are not done. You may also want to, at this point, reboot to recovery and do a full data wipe. This method of Odin leaves the SD card and user data intact. To get into recovery hold Power and Volume + until you see the stock Android recovery. Select format Data, reboot. Boom, your tablet is like brand new!
    Currently Hosted:
    • P600UEUBMK1_P600XARBMK1_XAR (Shipped US ROM / XAR Region)
    • P600ZTUBML1_P600ZZTBML1_BRI (Asian Based ROM / BRI Region)

Other Odin Tar resources: Sammobile. Must be a member but they have tons of them.
    Guided added!

I am not the best technical writer so if you need help understanding what I am saying dont hesitate to ask!

You can find the latest roms here: http://live.samsung-updates.com/
    And select P600, or see the link in my Signature for my thread, that has mirrors for firmware and more, the latest is CNK2 :good: