[MOD][XPOSED][2018/3/20 6.3]Android NavBar Buttons

Search This thread

vineet allahabad

Nov 25, 2013
Allahabad
I only had Greenify, Xperia longclick and Gem xperia xposed.. disabled all of them, restarted, still doesn't restarts SystemUI.
(Menu works, sorry, it seems that I just doesn't have a context menu in the stock launcher, 3dot menu in other apps work!)
I found that the other module GEM Xperia Xposed also couldn't restart my launcher or my systemui too, it also has root permissions:(

Use xperia xposed works for m :)

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

dSERiES

Jul 27, 2013
Do you have any other Xposed modules enabled? Can you try disabling them to see if it helps?

I found out the problem.:victory: I didn't have busybox installed with pkill applet (I didn't see it at requirements). I installed it and it works:victory::laugh:

Thanks so much for the help and responses AND for this great module!:good::good::good:

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
I found out the problem.:victory: I didn't have busybox installed with pkill applet (I didn't see it at requirements). I installed it and it works:victory::laugh:

Thanks so much for the help and responses AND for this great module!:good::good::good:

Oh, I actually made an assumption that rooted phone must have busybox installed. I just updated the OP. Thanks for letting me know. :good:

Reactions: dSERiES

dSERiES

Jul 27, 2013
Oh, I actually made an assumption that rooted phone must have busybox installed. I just updated the OP. Thanks for letting me know. :good:

Thanks. And you can add Xperia Z 4.3 stock ROM to the supported ROMs list, it works great;)

Edit: ..another thing: Would it be possible if I have 4 softkeys enabled to have the 3dot-menu button to the far right, like on this pic?
pH8BvjY.png

Now I have all 4 in a centered pattern..

Last edited:

Armpowered

Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for the module which seems to work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I enabled on screen navigation as I prefer that over the Samsung buttons but the icons were too wide apart, using this module brings them closer together (especially if search and menu are also enabled). However when in landcape the icons appear over to the left hand side rather than centred, is this deliberate and could they be (optionally?) made to sit centrally? Also, back in the thread you mention adjustable spacing, have you a version with that option working (I like the spacing from the 5 button arrangement but only really need the 3 standard Nexus buttons)?

Thanks again for the work, pleasantly surprised it worked on a Samsung.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Thanks for the module which seems to work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I enabled on screen navigation as I prefer that over the Samsung buttons but the icons were too wide apart, using this module brings them closer together (especially if search and menu are also enabled). However when in landcape the icons appear over to the left hand side rather than centred, is this deliberate and could they be (optionally?) made to sit centrally? Also, back in the thread you mention adjustable spacing, have you a version with that option working (I like the spacing from the 5 button arrangement but only really need the 3 standard Nexus buttons)?

Thanks again for the work, pleasantly surprised it worked on a Samsung.

Can you post a screenshot for the landscape mode? Adjustable spacing is still on the to-do list but I still don't have time to do it.

Armpowered

Jul 26, 2012
Can you post a screenshot for the landscape mode? Adjustable spacing is still on the to-do list but I still don't have time to do it.

I thought you might ask, so have got a set of resized images showing how the "standard" Samsung soft keys look and how it looks with your module enabled. I don't know how the spacing is supposed to be but the portrait 5 button feels right to me - as it would with just the 3 standard/Nexus buttons, without the extra 2 icons it feels a little spaced out but obviously not as bad as Samsung's version (I'm surprised that they leave the code in, just needing a build.prop tweak to display the on screen navigation).

Attachments

• LandscapeModded3Button.jpg
    LandscapeModded3Button.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 104
  • LandscapeModded5Button.jpg
    LandscapeModded5Button.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 97
  • LandscapeStock.jpg
    LandscapeStock.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 91
  • PortraitModded3Button.jpg
    PortraitModded3Button.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 89
  • PortraitModded5Button.jpg
    PortraitModded5Button.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 80
  • PortraitStock.jpg
    PortraitStock.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 73

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
I thought you might ask, so have got a set of resized images showing how the "standard" Samsung soft keys look and how it looks with your module enabled. I don't know how the spacing is supposed to be but the portrait 5 button feels right to me - as it would with just the 3 standard/Nexus buttons, without the extra 2 icons it feels a little spaced out but obviously not as bad as Samsung's version (I'm surprised that they leave the code in, just needing a build.prop tweak to display the on screen navigation).

Can you send me your Xposed log file? Please make sure you change the orientation first before capturing the log.

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
Great mod:):thumbup:

I use it on my wife's Z1 stock 4.4.4, she can use all colors on a theme.
I use it on my Z1 custom stock based Rom of 4.4.4, and I have only 2 colors to choose.
White an blue...
Any idea?

Sent by my Z1 with XDA Fax

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Great mod:):thumbup:

I use it on my wife's Z1 stock 4.4.4, she can use all colors on a theme.
I use it on my Z1 custom stock based Rom of 4.4.4, and I have only 2 colors to choose.
White an blue...
Any idea?

Sent by my Z1 with XDA Fax

Only the "Stock" theme has 6 colors to choose from. Other themes are limited to only 2 colors.

Reactions: Duvel999

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Guys, I'm just thinking about how to implement the adjustable spacing for navbar buttons. Currently, the buttons are evenly spaced among the available width of the navbar.

For example, if your device is 720px and you choose to have 5 buttons. Then each button will occupy 144px.

I plan to add 2 options: left and right margins.

Using the above example, if now you choose to have 50px for left and right margin, then the spacing will become:

[space 50px] + [button 1 124px] + [button 2 124px] + [button 3 124px] + [button 4 124px] + [button 5 124px] + [space 50px]

The effect is the buttons are closer together with more space on the left and right sides.

Please let me know what do you think about this implementation.

hamsup1o

Mar 12, 2005
Is it just me or is the search icon has some transparency to it? I tried a few themes including a user defined one and the search button is not pure white like the rest of the other icons.

hamsup1o

Mar 12, 2005
Are you using other modules like Tinted Status Bar?

Thanks for the reply! No, I'm not using TSB. I do have the other modules (TTSB) and Translucent Style installed but not active in Xposed. Could that still be an issue?

It's no big deal. I actually have the search button option unchecked since I use "ok google" detection but just thought you might want to know.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Guys, please give this build a test. Left and right margin sliders are added. It works in both portrait and landscape. Only limitation is margin doesn't apply in landscape mode in tablet.

Please report your feedback or bugs. Thanks!

Attachments

• XperiaNavBarButtons_3.3_08062147.apk
    873.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: TheQwertiest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Xposed module allows you to change the NavBar buttons on your Xperia/AOSP devices. On stock ROM, there're only three buttons on the NavBar (Back, Home and Recent Apps). Now you can have complete control of the buttons and how they look like.

Features
    1. Show or hide Recent Apps, Menu and Search buttons
    2. Re-order buttons
    3. 18 themes with different colors
    4. Use your own images for buttons http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53045744&postcount=136
    5. Restart SystemUI to see changes immediately without rebooting (Busybox required)
    6. Activate changes on the fly without root (Nougat only)
    7. Define left and right margin
    8. Define navbar height
    9. Define search button action

Requirements
    1. Your phone must be rooted
    2. Xposed framework must be installed first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    3. Xposed library 2.2 is required

Instructions
    1. Install the module
    2. Run Xposed Installer and enable the module Android NavBar Buttons
    3. Reboot the phone
    4. If you want to use your own button images, check out this link.

Permissions
    • WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - store stock button images for preview
    • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - read stock button images for preview
    • GET_TASKS - used by Switch to Last App function
    • REORDER_TASKS - used by Switch to Last App function

Limitations & supported devices
    I developed this module based on AOSP source code and tested only on my Xperia devices. I expect it to work also on AOSP devices such as Google Nexus. You can try it on other devices but I don't expect it to work universally, especially HTC and Samsung devices because their framework is heavily modified.

If you enable this module and Tinted Status Bar together, the color for the Home/Menu/Recent/Back buttons will be controlled by Tinted Status Bar while the Search button color will be controlled by this module.

If you're also using GravityBox, you must disable Navigation Bar Tweaks. Otherwise, this module won't work.

Currently the following devices are supported: (to be updated)
    • Sony Xperia ZR stock 4.3 ROM
    • Sony Xperia V stock 4.3 ROM
    • Sony Xperia ZL stock based custom ROM/eXistenZ
    • Sony Xperia SP ExistenZ 3.3.0
    • Sony Xperia T
    • Sony Xperia M dual stock 4.2.2 ROM
    • Sony Xperia Z1 4.4 ihackers 4.1
    • Sony Xperia Z1 Compact stock KK ROM
    • Sony Xperia Z stock 4.3 ROM
    • Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2
    • Nexus 7 (2013) stock 4.4.2
    • MUCH i5s
    • Moto G stock 4.4.2 ROM
    • Moto X stock 4.4.2 ROM
    • Samsung Galaxy Lollipop or older devices (you need to set qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 in build.prop to enable Navbar)
    • Samsung Galaxy Marshmallow or higher devices
    • Sony Xperia X series devices Marshmallow ROM

Credits
    I used this guide to help me develop this module. This document is outdated but the concept is still the same.

Huge thanks to atticus182 for his great work of Softkey collection
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/themes-apps/softkeys-softkey-collection-t1413582

Thanks to C3C076 for his wonderful GravityBox! This module uses some of his codes for search button actions.

Supports & troubleshooting
    If you're using Android 6 and are unable to see folders when importing image files for user define theme, you need to grant Storage permission in App settings.

If you find that this module doesn't work on your device and see FC repeatedly and both notification and navigation bar disappeared, don't panic! Just run Xposed Installer, disable this module and reboot.

If you want me to add support for your device, please send me the following:
    1. Xposed log file
    2. Your device model
    3. Android and ROM version
    4. Deodexed /system/app/SystemUI.apk or you can send me a link for the ROM
    ** I can only work on Xperia/AOSP devices at the moment, please don't send requests on other devices **
    ** CM ROM is not supported because it has its own implementation of NavBar **

Source code
    You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.

Download
    Xposed Module Repository | Play Store
    Instructions to use user define button image:
    1. Prepare your own buttons images in PNG format. Name the files using the following format. You don't need to prepare all of them. Stock image will be used if a user define version is not found.
    2. Copy the files into your internal sd storage. Any folder under the internal sd storage is fine. Very often, you can access this using the path /sdcard/.
    3. In Select theme screen, there's now a new theme called User define
    4. If this is the first time you select User define, then you should see a list of folders in your internal sd storage. Otherwise, you should see a new button called Import button images
    5. Navigate to the folder where you've stored the images
    6. If successfully detected, it should shows the number of image files found
    7. Tap Confirm button
    8. The module will copy the files into it's own cache folder so your copy can safely be deleted now
    9. Restart SystemUI or reboot to take effect

Image filename format:
    • ic_sysbar_back.png - Back button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_back_land.png - Back button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_back_ime.png - Back button (portrait and when keyboard is shown)
    • ic_sysbar_back_ime_land.png - Back button (landscape and when keyboard is shown)
    • ic_sysbar_home.png - Home button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_home_land.png - Home button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_menu.png - Menu button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_menu_land.png - Menu button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_menu_alt.png - Menu button (portrait and alternate)
    • ic_sysbar_menu_alt_land.png - Menu button (landscape and alternate)
    • ic_sysbar_recent.png - Recent button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_recent_land.png - Recent button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_search.png - Search button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_search_land.png - Search button (landscape)
    Change Log
    Code:
    - Fix the issue that customized navbar is not activated after a reboot for Nougat and higher devices

- On Nougat and later, customzied navbar will be applied much earlier after a system reboot

- Add support for Android 8 (Oreo)
    - Fix the issue that settings are not applied after system reboot for Nougat and higher

- Add support for Nougat
    - Rename application as Android NavBar Buttons
    - Settings can be activated on the fly without root in Nougat (except navbar height and width)

- Fix issue with Sony Xperia latest X series devices

- Automatically enable navbar on Samsung devices on Android 6

- Fix button size issue when orientation is changed on tablet

- Fix issue with Asus Zenpad when using user define theme

- Fix theme issue with Xperia device on Android 5.0 and higher

- New separator which can be used to split buttons into 2 groups to mimic tablet mode in Android 6.0.1

- Fix missing buttons on Huawei devices when theme is applied

- Add support for Android 6.0

- Fix theme not working for Home/Menu/Recent/Back buttons on HTC devices

- Fix button image size and navbar height issue in KK

- Fix button image size issue in Android 5.1
    - Fix search button crash in ICS 

- New search button actions (Launch shortcut, Kill foreground app)

- Add Russian translation

- Add support for Lollipop (Android 5.0)

- Bug fix that setting UI crashes on some devices

- New option to customize search button actions

- Bug fix an issue that navbar height adjustment doesn't work on some devices

- Maximum margin is now automatically set to 75% of screen width
    - NavBar height adjustment
    - Added Lollipop buttons to theme

- Fix issue during orientation change when recent button is disabled
    - Larger margin values

- Define left and right margin

- Fix button alignment issue for Samsung Tab

- Add translation for Chinese (Thanks to surwscl)

- User define button images [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53045744&postcount=136"]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53045744&postcount=136[/URL]

- Fix preview stock buttons not displayed correctly if a theme is currently in effect

- Fix preview stock button size on some devices

- Fix missing buttons in landscape mode in Nexus 7
    - Fix stock button size on some devices

- New option to choose themes (17 themes with different colors)
    - Bug fixes

- New option to show or hide Recent Apps button

- Add support for MUCH i5S

- New option to re-order buttons

0.7 alpha
    - New option to select Menu and/or Search button to show
    - Restart SystemUI process to apply changes immediately

0.5 alpha
    - Initial version
    Guys, I'm just thinking about how to implement the adjustable spacing for navbar buttons. Currently, the buttons are evenly spaced among the available width of the navbar.

For example, if your device is 720px and you choose to have 5 buttons. Then each button will occupy 144px.

I plan to add 2 options: left and right margins.

Using the above example, if now you choose to have 50px for left and right margin, then the spacing will become:

[space 50px] + [button 1 124px] + [button 2 124px] + [button 3 124px] + [button 4 124px] + [button 5 124px] + [space 50px]

The effect is the buttons are closer together with more space on the left and right sides.

Please let me know what do you think about this implementation.
    Love thus work, many thanks.

Is it possible to have the menu button hide on its own, only show if needed like on the stock?

And would be great if users can adjust the distance between the buttons and the size.

Great work, :)

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not sure about the menu button hide because that needs considerable change in the module. Anyway I can take a look.

Spacing between buttons will be added in next release. You cannot just change the size of the button because the image will be unfit. I also plan to allow user to select button image and I believe that's a better option.