[Q&A/Convo] Erikmm's DarkKnight

Search This thread

Animosity

May 15, 2012
Hey Erik did you ever order that broken blaze?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

chjema

Feb 8, 2012
Coeur D'alene
May I ask this?

Since this is my first actual android....old one was a sidekick 4g lol

What type of features do you include? I'm just really excited, my last phone was dead and the only dev. Was pompous.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
May I ask this?

Since this is my first actual android....old one was a sidekick 4g lol

What type of features do you include? I'm just really excited, my last phone was dead and the only dev. Was pompous.

Well I usually add power mod, status bar toggles, bootanimation support, lockscreens(though this will take a while) and pretty much what people want. Right now I'm really close in porting a rom for u guys that will be everyone's daily driver :) just give it time and ill come thru...if u like look at my other projects I have 7 roms for sgs4g :) and they all kick ass lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

chjema

Feb 8, 2012
Coeur D'alene
Nice! I really can't wait....been using your blind build every day...

Glad to see this Samsung phone get love...

Animosity

May 15, 2012
Can you link the galaxy s2 rom here if its no trouble? I wanna see what we might soon have :)

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Nice! I really can't wait....been using your blind build every day...

Glad to see this Samsung phone get love...

Lol cool well Friday when I get phone (if no real life **** happens) ill get to work and have a build 4 for the donators of the phone which should fix wifi calling issue then can concentrate on port then once port is set work on another project :)

MrBlacklisted

Apr 26, 2012
San Diego
Awesome work erikmm, I have been using the ROM for close to a week now and like it. This is my first "smart" phone so I don't know all the ins and outs yet of all this stuff but I'm trying to learn. I do have a question about the messaging/typing. Is there no "spell checker" with this ROM or did I just not find how to activate it? Again great job on getting us this and thanks for your hard work on it.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Awesome work erikmm, I have been using the ROM for close to a week now and like it. This is my first "smart" phone so I don't know all the ins and outs yet of all this stuff but I'm trying to learn. I do have a question about the messaging/typing. Is there no "spell checker" with this ROM or did I just not find how to activate it? Again great job on getting us this and thanks for your hard work on it.

Spell checker is related to whatever keyboard you are using so if you switch up the keyboard to one that has spell check then you will have a spell checker.

MrBlacklisted

Apr 26, 2012
San Diego
Spell checker is related to whatever keyboard you are using so if you switch up the keyboard to one that has spell check then you will have a spell checker.

OK I went to the settings of the Samsung keyboard that I'm using and it has the settings but it's like they aren't working. I have word completion and spell correction on but it doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it? Thanks again for your time/effort/help.

Biohazard0289

Jan 25, 2010
Lol cool well Friday when I get phone (if no real life **** happens) ill get to work and have a build 4 for the donators of the phone which should fix wifi calling issue then can concentrate on port then once port is set work on another project :)

I was out of commission for awhile,awesome to see that you are getting a device and getting started.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

LiveFaster

Jul 6, 2012
I'm kind of new but I have been following this new room build. Its amazing that I'm gonna have something besides this whack stock. Thanks a lot of us really appreciate it Erik. I have a question though. I see how your adding your own themes to your recent builds but I was wondering if this is something that can be removed after I flash the room? I want to keep the features you will add to it like the toggles and what not. But I sort of want to stuck to a more vanilla Android. I noticed there's a launcher on it. Is that erasable to just got back to a more standard Android but still keep your amazing ROM modifications and unbloated software?
Thanks in advance anyone willing to respond

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More teaseee lol and btw bootanimation is gone well that one I'm including a placeholder for tfq :)

3yYDd.png

KpGnD.png

hlwxL.png

----------------------------------------------

If helped don't be afraid to hit the thanks button ;) it doesn't bite lol

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Btw if you guys want to catch us (tfq) sharing ideas or what we are working on then stop by irc on our channel #teamfah-q

If you don't know how to use irc go to (webchat.freenode.net) and investigate get a nick ans join us :)

The people on there will get preview builds for our roms/kernel/mods and well learn and we can learn from you guys too :)

Lastly, rom will include 6 lockscreens still working on em but they are pretty much ready...will also include merwin's sexy kernel with sio scheduler and more governors. Rom is buttery smooth...no more lags no more nothing :p
    And I'm currently working on stock mms.apk but probably won't have that where I want it...also modifying stock browser and well since Sammy sucks on updates build8 won't be final there will be a build9 :)

Thanks to all that keep the dev thread clean and support my, our work. have a good and safe labor day weekend guys.

Release date: Monday.

lets do changelog here cus post#2 is ginormous lol i'll just link to this post :p:

build8

changelog
    Added:
    Lockscreens(6 ported from cm with gesture controls)
    TFQ Tweaks(based on whitehawkx romcontrol and lidroid's lidroidparts)
    Merwin's sexy kernel( SIO scheduler and two more governors and his modules)
    VoltageControl(open app first set it up then u can control it from settings-tfq tweaks)
    15 toggles(1 or 2 more than before? lol)
    Stock Messaging(wifi calling issue)
    Statusbar tweaks(remove clock, change 4g and 3g icons, etc..)
    Zeam Launcher(running way smooother)
    New tweaks to remove any signs of lag
    SuperSu

Tweaked:
    Browser( added useragent capabilities and removed the active windows restriction of 8)
    Messaging( I removed the pic compression issue now compresses to 1280*960 instead of 640*480 per merwin's request :p)
    Settings( to only have one line for all tweaks*TFQ Tweaks*)
    TFQ Tweaks(lockscreen settings removed in the old tfq settings)
    SystemUI( fixed the battery not removing when you changed the settings)
    android.policy.jar(for lockscreens and other tweaks)

Removed:
    Aosp mms.apk
    Holo Launcher
    Some init.d tweaks
    Some build.prop ish
    Superuser(replaced with Supersu)
    Old TFQ tweaks to replace with updated version of them :p

some more stuff but im hungry and exhausted :p

well build8 should be up in an hour or so as i jsut started uploading :p
    Guys I have build7 pretty much done but...I'm having issues with camera w/flash under 20% it works the first time but when u close it and reopen cam you get the unable to use flash because of low cam :/ I might fix it tomorrow and release build7

--------------------------------

Hey Erik I'm guessing the ics messaging app has the compression issue as well. Would I be able to copy the messaging apk from darkknight into ics?

Sent from my SGH-T769

Nope but don't worry i got a surprise for you guys for tomorrow :p

and for those in love with stock i'll make something like dknight but ICS based
    I'm not releasing any new ports because of the following reasons.
    1. Ports from s2 won't have camcorder working.
    2. I've tracked down brightness bug but haven't tested.
    3. Why release a port when we can add the mods to dknight or just release a different rom from our stock and add tthose things that way it's not glitchy.
    4. Only ports I'm considering are from source like when ics hits.
    5. I'm trying to figure out the camera issue for cm7 that way miui and joy will have camera too

Anyways guys I was up til like 4 yesterday putting some finishing touches on build8 :)