[Q] Wiped ROM with no ROM on the internal SD

Search This thread
Feb 25, 2014
Ok, I installed TWRP via freegee. I then proceeded to wipe my ROM, but realized too late i did not have the ROM i wanted on the phone. Any ideas on how to put a rom on it?

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Ok, I installed TWRP via freegee. I then proceeded to wipe my ROM, but realized too late i did not have the ROM i wanted on the phone. Any ideas on how to put a rom on it?

Go in to TWRP> Advanced> adb sideload, now (must have ADB installed and phone connected to computer) have the desired file to flash on your computers desktop and now hold the shift key and right mouse click> open command window here. Then in this command window type adb sideload rom.zip (whatever the actual name of the zip file is included .zip at the end)

Last edited:
Reactions: jaredtheoverlord

zerogun

Nov 6, 2012
TWRP install ROM from SD slot. Hell, it can even be installed via a mounted USB OTG stick. Did you try putting you ROM onn an SD card and try it?

Reactions: jaredtheoverlord
Feb 25, 2014
Go in to TWRP> Advanced> adb sideload, now (must have ADB installed and phone connected to computer) have the desired file to flash on your computers desktop and now hold the shift key and right mouse click> open command window here. Then in this command window type adb sideload rom.zip (whatever the actual name of the zip file is included .zip at the end)

I followed your instructions however i am getting a device not found error

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
I have the one from LG's site installed, is that the correct one?

Uninstall/reinstall them. Make sure you have ADB installed correctly too (google/youtube for this). Change USB ports on your computer perhaps? - If this is all done correectly there will be no reason it will fail unless there is a hardware issue

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Ok, I will after school, I will also use my other PC to see if that works

Let me know if you are having any more problems and I will help you one on one to install ADB correctly and get your phone going for you mate. I am in Australia so our timezones might be a bit off but let me know :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWRP install ROM from SD slot. Hell, it can even be installed via a mounted USB OTG stick. Did you try putting you ROM onn an SD card and try it?
    I followed your instructions however i am getting a device not found error

Make sure drivers for your phone is installed. And do yu already have ADB installed in your pc?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Uninstall/reinstall them. Make sure you have ADB installed correctly too (google/youtube for this). Change USB ports on your computer perhaps? - If this is all done correectly there will be no reason it will fail unless there is a hardware issue

Ok, I will after school, I will also use my other PC to see if that works