Somebody install the official RUU 4.2.2? I need help to install this update

Search This thread

dragon1876

Feb 16, 2014
Can you be more specific? What did not work?

Ok, yesterday I download the 4.2.2 update from HTC website, then proceeded to update by following the steps in the same web, everything was ok normal, finish updating and restart the phone, then when the phone turn on I noticed three situations the phone will not update and continues with 4.1.1 JB, the other is the wifi does not connect fails and the last the partition of the internal memory does not appear!!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20140318-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20140318-WA0003.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 79

Orvandi

Jan 24, 2014
Zürich
Ok, yesterday I download the 4.2.2 update from HTC website, then proceeded to update by following the steps in the same web, everything was ok normal, finish updating and restart the phone, then when the phone turn on I noticed three situations the phone will not update and continues with 4.1.1 JB, the other is the wifi does not connect fails and the last the partition of the internal memory does not appear!!!!

OK, are you sure you charged your phone? The RUU needs at least 30% battery. Also, select fastboot before you run the RUU.
htc-ruu.png

After you click next, it should say that the RUU has recognized your device and it will run on its own.

dragon1876

Feb 16, 2014
one x+

OK, are you sure you charged your phone? The RUU needs at least 30% battery. Also, select fastboot before you run the RUU.
htc-ruu.png

After you click next, it should say that the RUU has recognized your device and it will run on its own.

yes of course my friend the phone had 90% the charge but you say the update shuold be in mode bootloader?

mrg209

Mar 7, 2014
RUU appears to work, but stuck on bootscreen logo

I also installed the OTA update, which did eventually get to 4.2.2, but after a few days went into bootloop. I applied the RUU with no luck. It appears to work, but then reboots to the htc screen and hangs.

I've also unlocked, installed custom recoveries. TWRP or CWM no touch for the HTC One X+ At&t. both report errors of unable to mount /anything. TWRP refuses to sideload or install a ROM after adb push (which I can get to work sometimes). CWM will install from sideload, but ROM install (Elegancia 6.2) stops at 13.07% and hangs.

I have tried all of the steps from multiple posts in these forums and what works for others seems never to work for my phone. What could the problem be? Permanently unable to see the partitions? Something corrupt in hboot 1.73? Since I can't access the phone to change the USB debugging setting (not sure if it was checked or not) and I can't change the fastboot mode in settings (last set to fastboot enabled), perhaps trying a factory reset caused the problem (one thread mentioned factory reset won't work if the settings say fastboot within the phone).

No clue, so any insight would be helpful. At this point, after weeks of trying to fix this phone, I'm nearly ready to give up. I'm stubborn, but now I suspect there's an unsolvable problem that I just don't have the expertise to see.

dragon1876

Feb 16, 2014
I also installed the OTA update, which did eventually get to 4.2.2, but after a few days went into bootloop. I applied the RUU with no luck. It appears to work, but then reboots to the htc screen and hangs.

I've also unlocked, installed custom recoveries. TWRP or CWM no touch for the HTC One X+ At&t. both report errors of unable to mount /anything. TWRP refuses to sideload or install a ROM after adb push (which I can get to work sometimes). CWM will install from sideload, but ROM install (Elegancia 6.2) stops at 13.07% and hangs.

I have tried all of the steps from multiple posts in these forums and what works for others seems never to work for my phone. What could the problem be? Permanently unable to see the partitions? Something corrupt in hboot 1.73? Since I can't access the phone to change the USB debugging setting (not sure if it was checked or not) and I can't change the fastboot mode in settings (last set to fastboot enabled), perhaps trying a factory reset caused the problem (one thread mentioned factory reset won't work if the settings say fastboot within the phone).

No clue, so any insight would be helpful. At this point, after weeks of trying to fix this phone, I'm nearly ready to give up. I'm stubborn, but now I suspect there's an unsolvable problem that I just don't have the expertise to see.

I don´t konw

mrg209

Mar 7, 2014
working on it

Do you have the boot.img file of your previous software? I mean of 4.1.1 ??
If yes then you should flash that boot.img. then it should work

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, attempting to do this, but I'm unable to unzip the stock roms in the 1.19 or 1.15 RUU to get that boot.img. I can unzip the 2.15 RUU rom just fine. Not sure what the problem is. I tried just running the earlier RUUs in the past, but they failed because it was the "wrong version" for my phone. Now I wonder if those failures were due to an invalid rom zip. Got these RUUs from AndroidRUU.

**edit: I cannot extract the roms (7z) for the earlier RUUs, only for 2.15. So I do not have access to the boot.img of the previous 4.1.1. Running the RUUs results in an "image error".

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts