Verizon postpaid devices (LTE) on Verizon prepaid account but still on LTE network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rocketrazr99

Dec 11, 2012
Ok. So I have a RAZR M, locked BL but rooted and carrier unlocked, a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 (LTE data ONLY), and a Nexus 5, unlocked BL and carrier unlocked. I'm not sure on which Verizon LTE 4G capable devices this works for, but it works on these 3 I just mentioned. You can put a LTE sim card in them and they will run on Verizon's LTE 4G network while on a PREPAID Verizon account. Verizon prepaid does NOT offer LTE 4G service on their prepaid network, so I assume that the devices being unlocked and previously on a postpaid account allows them to continue on the postpaid system while on a prepaid account. What's the big deal you ask? Well, Verizon prepaid offers 1G of data ONLY for $20/month. I ran my Tablet through their account setup and was surprised to see it connect at 4G speeds on LTE. Then I put the sim into my RAZR M which has a locked BL but is rooted and has the NV edit to the radio which allows GSM capabilities. But I don't believe that is relevant. And much to my amazement, not only did I get LTE data, but I can make calls!!! Texting does not work, but with data and Google Voice it does! So for $20/month I have UNLIMITED CALLS (so far), UNLIMITED TEXTS (limited only by data limits....negligable) and 1G of LTE data on the Verizon network!!!!! And of course there's other plans if I need more data.I have been waiting to get my money back from Verizon for years, now I can!!!! Unfortunately I live where I must have Verizon. But where else can you get UNLIMITED+UNLIMITED+1G of LTE data for $20!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

snekiam

Oct 9, 2012
South Eastern Michigan
Ok. So I have a RAZR M, locked BL but rooted and carrier unlocked, a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 (LTE data ONLY), and a Nexus 5, unlocked BL and carrier unlocked. I'm not sure on which Verizon LTE 4G capable devices this works for, but it works on these 3 I just mentioned. You can put a LTE sim card in them and they will run on Verizon's LTE 4G network while on a PREPAID Verizon account. Verizon prepaid does NOT offer LTE 4G service on their prepaid network, so I assume that the devices being unlocked and previously on a postpaid account allows them to continue on the postpaid system while on a prepaid account. What's the big deal you ask? Well, Verizon prepaid offers 1G of data ONLY for $20/month. I ran my Tablet through their account setup and was surprised to see it connect at 4G speeds on LTE. Then I put the sim into my RAZR M which has a locked BL but is rooted and has the NV edit to the radio which allows GSM capabilities. But I don't believe that is relevant. And much to my amazement, not only did I get LTE data, but I can make calls!!! Texting does not work, but with data and Google Voice it does! So for $20/month I have UNLIMITED CALLS (so far), UNLIMITED TEXTS (limited only by data limits....negligable) and 1G of LTE data on the Verizon network!!!!! And of course there's other plans if I need more data.I have been waiting to get my money back from Verizon for years, now I can!!!! Unfortunately I live where I must have Verizon. But where else can you get UNLIMITED+UNLIMITED+1G of LTE data for $20!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Can you try this after going to the $35 unlimited plan? That would be awesome if that worked!

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
OK,

Discussion of ways to defraud anyone is not allowed, all members need to remember the above is exactly that, and if you get caught, do not use XDA to complain.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.