[Kernel][ICS][CM9] ShadowKernel CM9 v0.6.3.3 - CM9 Beta3+ (5/29/12)

Search This thread

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I've got a weird bug to report... if you set up your default on voltage control then wipe/clear the cpu history and shut the screen off go back into vc and it reverts back to unsaved settings it actually does also when you don't clear the cpu history whatsup with that? :(
Actually it does it if you simply back out of the app the reopen it. It reverts back to unsaved...
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
I've got a weird bug to report... if you set up your default on voltage control then wipe/clear the cpu history and shut the screen off go back into vc and it reverts back to unsaved settings it actually does also when you don't clear the cpu history whatsup with that? :(

I noticed this too. I don't think the stock kernel (and thus mine) are processing init.d scripts. Get the newest voltage contol and save the settings as a startup service instead of init.d script. I will look into adding init.d support.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Reactions: ÜBER™

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I noticed this too. I don't think the stock kernel (and thus mine) are processing init.d scripts. Get the newest voltage contol and save the settings as a startup service instead of init.d script. I will look into adding init.d support.

I don't have it setup as an init.d script its setup as startup service I'm talking about oping the app going into appling my default settings closing the app reopening it and it reverts back to unsaved not shutting down nor shutting the screen off :(

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
I don't have it setup as an init.d script its setup as startup service I'm talking about oping the app going into appling my default settings closing the app reopening it and it reverts back to unsaved not shutting down nor shutting the screen off :(

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But I can't reproduce this. My settings are staying saved. Where are you clearing your cpu history? I reset the timers in cpu but maybe you're talking about something else.

Reactions: ÜBER™

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But I can't reproduce this. My settings are staying saved. Where are you clearing your cpu history? I reset the timers in cpu but maybe you're talking about something else.

It happens reguardless its weird ill unistall and reinstall and reflash to see if that helps...

No such luck looks like I need to start fresh I guess cuz it occurs on aprosamurais kernel as well and even in the preformance settings it reverts its so weird...:(

I'm soooo stupid the 100mhz frequency is broken and I set that as my lowest and it reverts to 200 by default :(

Last edited:

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
this kernel seems more stable than apro samurai's, but it lacks voodoo sound? I wish it wasn't so!

gooch1025

Jan 3, 2012
I was having the green screen problem as well. Its because the screen is too dim. I turn automatic brightness off and had it the lowest it would go. After turning my screen up to a higher brightness, it went away.

Sent from my CM9 Shadow using xda premium

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
Thanks Bbelos! I swear you are soo fast at these updates!

So what settings are you all finding works best with CM9? what I/o Scheduler and CPU governor combination works best?

What voltages, undervolts? What is deactivated ? I know some of you are kernel setting masters, share your settings with us kernel noobs! Thank you

Last edited:

CASHVILLEBOS

Apr 12, 2011
Nashville
Ok y'all don't flame me for asking but is anybody having any issues running this with Alpha 1?

Sent from my O.G. SuperCyan using XDA Premium....

hahansen3

Dec 26, 2010
I will add my thanks for the quick turn-around with this kernel! Nicely done!!

I have one question - I remember on the earlier kernels for gingerbread there was an issue where the soft keys stayed lit the whole time the phone was in the dock. Will this be a problem with this kernel?

If no one knows the answer, I can test it out tonight because the dock stays near my bed.

Update: I have confirmed that the soft keys do not turn off while in the dock. Can I request this feature for a future release?

Last edited:

j00manji

May 30, 2011
When I first installed CM9 I made some test calls to see if the quality was alright, and it was, with just plain ol' stock CM9. Today I flashed the shadow kernel and I noticed the call quality was weird to the point where I can hear myself, maybe a feedback issue. Kinda weird, not sure where to go next from there.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
When I first installed CM9 I made some test calls to see if the quality was alright, and it was, with just plain ol' stock CM9. Today I flashed the shadow kernel and I noticed the call quality was weird to the point where I can hear myself, maybe a feedback issue. Kinda weird, not sure where to go next from there.

Test other kernels to make sure this isn't happening? and to confirm its either kernel or ROM related. But if it only happens once a while its Samsung haha even on stock it did that to me every now an again.

j00manji

May 30, 2011
alright I tested Ryu and Shuriken and both gave me the paper cup voice. hrmmmmmm...

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Test other kernels to make sure this isn't happening? and to confirm its either kernel or ROM related. But if it only happens once a while its Samsung haha even on stock it did that to me every now an again.

tested Shuriken and now im gona test Ryu with alpha 1. Shuriken sounded like I was talking in to a paper cup still (thats the best way I can describe it)

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
It has nothing to do with this or any other kernel. It's ROM related. It's due to the currently used audio drivers. This has been stated many times and is on the main Epic CM info page as well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
I have NOT noticed that problem on my phone ( not yet anyway )

Reactions: TeamERA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work by our fantastic CM dev team for bringing us CM9 so quickly.

I would also like a continued huge thanks to the many talented developers out there including (in no particular order) but not limited to:
    chris41g, mkasick, Rodderik, nubecoder, earthbound, toadlife, thomasskull666, DRockstar, supercurio, Ezekeel, SenseiSimple, noobnl, xcaliburninhand, k0nane, AproSamurai. Without their excellent work, I wouldn't be here.

And so I give you ShadowKernel for CM9.

As with my other CM kernels, if you choose to use it, please post any bug reports here and not in the CM9 thread. Thank you.

**Updated for Beta3/Beta4-Prebuilds - CWM Scrolling speed fixed**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.3 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0b1469b018a9e4308a88f035c0b4210d

Features:
    - Everything in the stock CM9 kernel plus:
    - 3 button hard reset
    - Linux wired tether (RNDIS) support
    - Keypress hold for repeat scrolling in CWM
    - Capactive key backlight disabling support via Advanced Settings Menu
    - Dock audio support (Using the Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector)
    - Built-in TUN, CIFS, FUSE, & TCPMSS
    - Revamped Overclocking/Undervolting support up to 1.5GHz with Voltage Control support. (Added 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, & 1500 ~ All disabled by default)
    - Voodoo Sound (Controlled with the free Voodoo Sound App (formerly Voodoo Control))
    - Voodoo COLOR (also controlled in the free Voodoo Sound App)

certifiedicon.png

Additional Resources:
    See this thread for color setting discussion, but remember to experiment and find the right settings for you:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1002090

Previous Versions:
    v0.6.1
    *Updated for Beta1**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: ac125b8f04d13a0fb4f5eec3e48b2dc4

v0.6.0
    **Updated for Beta0**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0582dc000cdba394bb922607ed659b3a

v0.5.0
    **Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd

v0.4.0
    **Updated for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.4.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 7f0df477f5e17a2a6ec595a61c962230

v0.3.1
    **Updated for Alpha3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 20ec3fa2a509e6cb7cde73498c6f8a4a

v0.2
    **Updated for Alpha2**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.2 [Mirror]
    MD5: 4f8c9a6cea0dabd3ef194fea5bdbdf3d

v0.1
    **Initial release**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.1 [Mirror]

Source:
    Full github source.
    FAQ

Q. I have trouble getting 100MHz to stick, what do I do?
    A. Try the steps in this post. Edit: This is fixed in kernel v0.6.3+

Q. Why is there a green tint when I turn the phone on?
    A. That's a minor side effect of Voodoo Color. See this post.
    Here's an update to include Voodoo Sound. Let me know if there are any issues.

**Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd
    Hey bbelos, will v5 work with CM9 beta 0? I think I read they made some changes to their kernel to prepare for the transition to Linux kernel 3.0.

It would probably work, and you're free to try it, but you would essentially be eliminating most of the improvements they made. There's a lot of improvements in the stock beta0 kernel so I would strongly recommend waiting until I get it updated.

Long time coming

Ok, guys, sorry it took so long, but here's an updated kernel for beta3. Features alot of fixes from the CM team, including capacitive key backlight disabling support and revamped OC code. I'm still including the extra frequency steps reworked to fit the new code scheme. I have also thrown in 1.5Ghz for you speed demons. Undervolting is still allowed, but not recommended due to stability. But feel free to push the limits :D You may also notice the ability to hold the volume keys to scroll in recovery mode.

**Updated for Beta3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 509f077389cb4273eb8f9f6e288bda8d